How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-06-2009
Riot Bug

some discreet depending on the type of gig... for example in Brixton Academy you have to wear strictly on black... Summer festivals are a lot more flexible (at least over here)...but must be something comfy if you wanna survive ...in this case black trousers, next day were short black ones (too boiling weather), a white tshirt that i do love a lot with the girl with a tongue out (handmade got in Camden), a black vest and a really trashy chucks...that got even more trashed... next days were more like very shorts black shorts and black boots

this picture copyright belongs to Estudios La Luna(Madrid, Spain) and Rock in Rio Madrid

this picture is by a colleague J. Figueirido in another festival in the Country Basque
(im the girl with the Lolita's tshirt)

02-07-2009
Riot Bug

More of what to wear at summer festivals

something comfy...(well if i went to the simplest black was to be as more invisible on the pit I also like it going that way... you can be more discreet if you carry a cam).

backstage pass

I have to agree with some earlier posts here. If in 92 someone would have told me that 'festival fashion' would be a buzzword for british summer, I'd have laughed in their face. What on earth has happened that festivals are about what you're wearing? As far as I'm concerned, you dress for practicality and comfort and to make sure you don't get broken toes if you go in the moshpit. Anything past that is just odd.

02-07-2009
front row

I understand this and I didn't create this thread because I think a music festival is a fashion show, but when Jimmy Choo start designing Hunter Wellies and everyone starts copying Kate Moss's 'famous festival look', you do have to question fashion at festivals now

I believe in the comfort and convenient style also and I personally don't see the problem with this thread when there is one about what to wear to a gig.

I just wanted to create a thread where anybody who hasn't been to a music festival before could see what other 'experienced festival goers' take themselves. I personally know from previous experience that it is hard to know what to take in such a small bag for a long weekend

tfs star

Shorts, wellies, trainers in case it doesn't rain (yeah right), vest top, top that covers your shoulders, big thick socks so your welly boots don't rub, jumpers for night time because it gets coooooold. Waterproof jacket.

Riot Bug

Well as a festival photographer i gotta said one of the things to photograph are also the people who's in... i mean this isn't as impressive as it could be in the 60s/70s with people going even without clothes and you know free lovee... haha

But people nowadays get like play dressing to go to a festival and you can find people just wearing more freely than they maybe are allow to for their jobs...so that brings some kind of color or some kind of experimentation with what they dress... some people just dress what they would do for partying or as much comfortable they could have but also theres groups of people like wearing the same and people just being more relaxed on the way they wear that make them look refreshing... i don't know usually there's also alternative shops of clothing and that also can be like a way to get something different.

sometimes the pictures aren't based on fashion in this case as a work but in how people is having a good time but some photographer are really into seek the most outrageous one dressing up.

By the way once in one of my first festivals some foreign girls stopped me to pictured me for a fashion mag... I was kind of shocking but well i was dressing comfortable with clothes that I was using in summer but you know i like to wear my way... it kind of shocked me the fashion mag thing but it was also flattered as my look was kind of normal to me. Now looking back maybe it wasnt as nooormal after all... hahah

i always will suggest comfy and something you can trash if not you maybe can't be enjoy as much as you could do:p

tfs star

Oh don't forget there is the festival style thread in the street style section for photos and what not!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
festival, music, wear