How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisande
Clubbing/party outfits in your areas sound much more feminine and sexy than here in Tokyo. Not much skin or skirts...nightlife here is more...subdued and "streetwise" for lack of a better word; cool jeans/pants with a slouchy grey top and interesting flats for example...people may do minis/heels but in a funky way.
See I prefer this style of dressing over stilettos and short skirts. I'm not going to the club to impress. I'm going to relax and have fun and most importantly, be comfortable!!!1:p Just thinking about dancing in stilettos makes my feet ache.

dlg

02-02-2006
V.I.P.

I'll wear a velvet mini dress, a pink jumpsuit .... tiny little denim shorts ... and always heels.

02-02-2006
rising star

How about a coat? It is really cold now, what kind of coat suits best? Something furry perhaps (fake fur if you like)?

02-02-2006
V.I.P.

I like plain knee length coats - I wear them day to evening- I don't think they look too Day-ish

V.I.P.

In my - "Hey I won the lottery" dreams- I would love to have something like this just for evening- with a little sparkle- but not over the top

style.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro
and then you're ready to go work the corners
isn't that kind of your regular clubbing outfit, alejandro?

crossed wires.

A couple of examples; I'm definitely not into the whole mini skirt+cleavage=ready to go out equation, I don't like to look the same as every other girl in the club/bar.
I'll wear A-line skirts that stop below my knees, sometimes a crew neck fine knit jumper with 3/4 length sleeves in black, with a cummerbund worn high up on my waist, with black opaque tights and heels.

Black fitted trousers, heels, a black shirt with the front wrapped over and safety pinned shut up one side right upto the collar, hair up and in a low 'knot' with hair sticks in, simple studs or drop earrings.

Black fitted trousers, black 3/4 length sleeve shirt with black camisole underneath (this time pinned up the middle upto my chest then also pinned at the collar to leave a long drop shape) Belt tied round my waist, short black leather gloves, heels.

Sometimes if it's just to bars and I won't need to find somewhere to put my coat etc I'd wear:
A jacket length red cape, black trousers/skirt, black flats, plain fine knit black v-neck, black football socks used as armwarmers (with the feet cut off), black beads, black studs, chunky black bracelet.

Safety pins are an absolute god send imo, my mam always says it looks scrappy because she associates it with the punk era. But I'm at a midpoint with my weight at the moment, so haven't bought any new clothes for a while...I can change things so easily without having to cut them by wearing them different ways...back to front etc and just safety pinning them in certain places...especially tops, it can create a whole different look with the same ingredients.

Last edited by fab_fifties_fille; 02-02-2006 at 06:10 PM.
02-02-2006
chaos reigns

Hey, ppl ... keep it nice and clean (and ON TOPIC!)

I think ANY outfit its about the shoes ... for the night .. wear some SPECIAL shoes ... some that you love and are a bit comfortable wearing ...

Most clubs I attend are super small and the VIP areas are even smaller and claustrophobic (sp?) ... so a jacket on top of a some nice top is OK ...

As a girl .. I'd go a bit over the top colorwise withe either the make up (If Im young) or the accesories (any age) ... you MUST wear something thats the whole focal point

Deep Red Bells

Where I live most girls just wear jeans, skimpy tops, heels, etc.
Everything that has already been mentioned.
Since they all look like clones to stand out I just put some damn clothes on.

02-02-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish
Where I live most girls just wear jeans, skimpy tops, heels, etc.
Not a fan of skimpy tops, they are too much like a walking advertisement, and says to me that the girl doesnt have much more going on past her tah-tahs. i will take a gander every once in a while.

I prefer when a girl is more casual when she is out clubbing, because that says to me that she is out to have fun. of course, a lot of girls feel the need to dress up, to feel better about themselves, or better their chances of actually getting in, etc...

I like seeing girls in loose t's, sweatshirts, with jeans or skirts + leggings, nice heels or sneakers. The most important thing is to be comfortable and always have nice accessories. handbag or clutch, jewelry, man-sized watch, butterfly wings, whatever...

Personally, I am always wearing jeans, t-shirt, possibly a hoody, and vans.

yillar du min a byxor?
02-02-2006
fashion elite

I always wear some pants, preferably jeans and a black top or very thin pullover that falls over the shoulder. I really don't like skimpy tops at all.

03-02-2006
backstage pass

Unless I've been working that day I usually don't change to go out. I'm not a girl though...I'm more of a bar/live venue/sleazy watering hole kinda guy so that might explain it, I almost never go out in places that have dress codes.

front row

depends where I'm going. If I'm going dancing to my fave clubs I always wear some thin cotton shirts (it always gets so hot) jeans or a skirt and comfy shoes and glam it up with some extravagant assesoirs. my city seems to be quite relaxed when it comes to dress codes compared to others. And after all I'm there to dance, jump and relax and forget about all the stress.

& b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlekindearrabal
isn't that kind of your regular clubbing outfit, alejandro?
Oh I get it! You're so funny, oh my god how smart do you have to be to come up with something like this?? you're clever. clever.

V.I.P.

i can't dance unless i'm in 100mm heels... and my favorite joe's rocker jeans

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
party, wear