How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-04-2006
backstage pass

sounds really fun, tiamaria....

Sounds unique and memorable but not for the "wrong reasons!"

usually people don't figure out how to do that by 16...maybe you will be one of the few among us not to look back at those old clubbing pictures where we thought we were so "cool", in the future, and cringe with embarrassment

Life is Short

Last edited by Yasmin; 24-04-2006 at 09:05 AM.

24-04-2006
V.I.P.

^^ well i guess the bouncers figure that as well and thats why they think im older .. which is good for me lol

24-04-2006
tfs star

I don't go clubbing...being surrounded by sweaty strangers listening to bad music is not for me. I do love my gigs and pubs though and I always dress smart and casual but fun

24-04-2006
V.I.P.

Ok so i dont know if its the same in australia but in the uk .. what people wear mostly comes down to what type of club it is .. which then comes down to the music played.
Ie. in the indie places people will dress indie
in the hiphop clubs you get the wannbe rappers
then in the dancey ngiht clubs you get the pop tarts

28-04-2006
rising star

Most people I see while driving around L.A. just look underdressed (example: paris hilton) but the types of clubs I go to people wear just normal street clothes although I go to clubs to hear bands and not just to dance most of the time. I guess it depends on what club you're going to because where you hang out normally reflects your personality and in turn your style.

28-04-2006
tfs star

uk streetstyle at night for a lot of people is smart trousers, smart shirt with a few buttons undone for the guys and something incredibly low cut and short for the girls, preferably with sparkles. ugh.

28-04-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifa
and something incredibly low cut and short for the girls, preferably with sparkles. ugh.
That's the case here where I live (Finland). Sparkles and glitter tops make me say argh . People just can't come up with anything better, it's not even that hard. Many of the girls just have tight jeans and a sparkly top, yay, so original. It's like it's the end of the 90s/millenium over and over again.

28-04-2006
V.I.P.

Really depends on what kind of nightlife scene you're into......

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
28-04-2006
front row

^^ That's also very true.

28-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifa
uk streetstyle at night for a lot of people is smart trousers, smart shirt with a few buttons undone for the guys and something incredibly low cut and short for the girls, preferably with sparkles. ugh.
It is trully horrific. If you think most people in England dress like Miss Moss you'd be wrong -they all dress like Liz Hurley or Kelly whatserface (the Billy Zane one). Tarts galore. I remember I left the London cocoon to go to Leeds once and I remember arriving at Leeds station at like 5pm and everyone had their thighs and boobs out. Admittedly it was Saturday but still...

28-04-2006
windowshopping

The gals shud give some suggestions on what they think a good guy's look would be !

29-04-2006
scenester

last night at kst lounge wass....rock & republics + tee shirt + blazer

not really that original but i looked hott so watev haha

Last edited by liquid fire; 29-04-2006 at 09:53 AM.
29-04-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
It is trully horrific. If you think most people in England dress like Miss Moss you'd be wrong -they all dress like Liz Hurley or Kelly whatserface (the Billy Zane one). Tarts galore. I remember I left the London cocoon to go to Leeds once and I remember arriving at Leeds station at like 5pm and everyone had their thighs and boobs out. Admittedly it was Saturday but still...
so true! the main fashion icons seem to be jennifer ellison and jodie marsh.

30-04-2006
rising star

I'm glad its not just me that thinks that....I went out last night for the first time in ages (north east of england), and it was all micro mini dresses with tops cut so low the girls boobs were nearly falling out.

And sparky shoes.

And gold jewellery.

Then there's me in cropped black jeans, some layered vests and bright pink peeptoes, totally out of place, but you know what, I got a bunch load of compliments for doing something different

30-04-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerie
I'm glad its not just me that thinks that....I went out last night for the first time in ages (north east of england), and it was all micro mini dresses with tops cut so low the girls boobs were nearly falling out.

And sparky shoes.

And gold jewellery.

Then there's me in cropped black jeans, some layered vests and bright pink peeptoes, totally out of place, but you know what, I got a bunch load of compliments for doing something different
I know how you feel. I'm in college so I go to a lot of college parties. I usually wear something kind of crazy...meanwhile every other girl is in some generic sparkly boob top and short skirt. It's fun to stand out.:p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
party, wear