How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-05-2006
backstage pass

I like to whore it up when it comes to going out, not overboard but it's so hot inside I need to wear less clothes, not mention it's the only occasion where wearing heels and a micro mini in winter is perfectly acceptable.

12-06-2006
V.I.P.

Argh. Im going out on Saturday (my Bday) and I dont know what to wear! Im all out of ideas. I really dont want to go buy something b/c I dont want to spend any money and I cannot be seen in the same thing! UGH...I have to scrounge something up...Ill make due

If it's cool out I could wear some of my winter clothes that haven't gotten thier rounds yet...

- Blue Ralph Lauren polo w/ all sorts of graffiti and stuff worn under
- Black Calvin Klein blazer
- Seven jeans
- Black Johnston & Murphy wingtips

- Black vneck tshirt
- Seven jeans
- Black Johnston & Murphy wingtips

- Michael Kors blazer with big pockets (very safari)
- Black Calvin Klein pants, sort of a boot cut
- Black tshirt
- Same wingtips or maybe patent drivers

- Olive shorts rolled up within an inch of exposure
- Black tshirt
- Black cardigan w/ horizontal white stripes
- Johnston wingtips

OH MY GOD, I totally forgot about that cardigan, that completely changes everything...Im excited now...

12-06-2006
V.I.P.

Oh wow...I just delved into my archives...

I have so much clothes! Most of it hasnt been worn in months, some of it...years

Possibilites...I have more to wade through

Calvin Klein greyscale flaming skull tshirt (I got a detention for wearing this in school...Im a badass)
Beige Ralph Lauren Purple Label military shirt with epaulets in this strange silklike material
Express tshirt that reads "making it up as I go along"

Wow...

12-06-2006
Seductress in Eden

I love wearing cocktail dresses clubbing... sometimes i avoid mini dresses because all mine are very short and in one club this girl pulled my dress up

12-06-2006
tfs star

i love wearing cocktail dresses to club. but so does a few of my girlfriends, so we dont look that out of place i guess... and i dont wear club gear when i club. a few times i got off wearing mini shorts and a sparkly top in heels..

but i also hate wearing nice silky cocktail dresses, cos some idiot with a ciggy always burns my clothes... and of course, silk absorbs smoke like nothing else...also, if i['k wearing sometghinhg really expensive, i wouldnt be caught dead on the dancefloor... again, idiots with ciggies..

20-09-2006
front row

I wear a miniskirt or a skimpy top. In that way, I guess the way I dress is pretty standard clubbing gear. I've gone out with just jeans and a t shirt when I'm lazy though, but the t shirt usually has to be black. I try not to wear a skimpy top and miniskirt together, but it sometimes happens as well. I really don't feel comfortable with wearing tops with sleeves to clubs cuz it's too hot and I don't feel like I'm 'dressed up' enough.. so I don't get into the mood.

I'm probably going to wear shorts more than minis this year though. Love the shorts!

V.I.P.

I totally forgot about this thread. The last time I went out (which was some time ago) I went to BED...

- Medium grey Brooks Brothers blazer
- Black American Apparel deep vneck
- Stitches overdyed slender jeans (THEYRE NOT SKINNY)
- Black patent Tods drivers

Im going to dinner tomorrow night either at Butter or Buddha Bar (Im hoping Buddha Bar)

- YSL tuxedo shirt w/o bowtie
- Stitches jeans
- YSL belt
- Patent Tods

I hope it isn't delayed again, though Friday nights are always more eventful...

08-11-2006
trendsetter

dresses out in newcastle, australia always go well if i do dress up its usually a black dress with stunning heels hehe

but because i usually go out most weekends i like my 3/4 pants which happen to be slimming hehe long black top with a belt around it and usually only just covers my bra haha but then a cropped white jacket/ blazer over that with heels! must wear heels! i only seem to be able to dance in heels and even though i can barely walk the next day i always wear heels hehe

I feel sexy in this sort of outfit and its the only outfit i do hehe heels always make me feel great too

this post is a bit late but this thread could use an update

V.I.P.

I went out to town in edingburgh (capital of scotland .. dont know how to spell it) the other weekend and i was discusted and embaressed by the dress code.

Hear in liverpool the dress code for even the most casual bars and pubs are:

no jeans
no trainers
no big logos or brands
no sportwear or sports shirts
and some bars even like the lads to have a collar on their shirt

and if you dont look good you wont get in .. full stop no argueing

and its a well known fact liverpool girls dont wear jackets and dress up ALOT but i didnt realise how much so untill me and the girls went upto scotland

the first night we got there we dressed up as if we were going out to liverpool ... nothing ott i wore a seventies style drappy dress with healsand my two friends wore healed peep toed heals with little dresses as well

ANd omg i have never felt so out of place in my entire life... as soon as i got out of the taxi that was it i felt out of place... people were staring at us as if we were outsiders... lads shouting stuff.. not jsut the usual stuff but everyone walking past.

Then we went into our first bar to wait for friends... people stopped dead as we walked in and turned to look we looked around and realised that everyone else was in the club in jeans and trainers ... so we got drinks then made our way into the outside smoking area (you cant smoke in doors in scotland). and we got talking to the bouncers and they asked why we were so dressed up .. we explained that we were not by liverpool standerds and they just laughed at us. Then we were like oh by the way you just missed some guy wearing trainers .. he could not see the problem .. and we spent 5 minutes explaining it to him.
Then we went back inside and were we saw someone wearing *drum roll please* a jacket, a tee shirt and jeans with trainers ... and a beanie hat.. after we had got other our intial shock we realised we were out of place.
So we quickerly moved on and the night just got worse everywere we went we felt out of place.

Even the next night we went out in what we would neve dream of wearing out to liverpool .. to casual and still felt over dressed.

SO basicly the point of my rant was what are the dress codes in your city .. what are the standerds of dresses .. are there clubs you cnat get into if your dress is not instantly reconisable as a designer piece ??

08-11-2006
backstage pass

I love clubbing but I hate the word ‘dresscode’. Dresscodes are for armies, banks, private schools and convents. The only dresscode I can bear is ‘be creative according your personality’.
Clubbing is about feeling free and being openminded. I hate clubs where people seem to wear an uniform. I want diversity. A mix of chic, cool and trash. Some people look sexy in jeans and trainers, other in a cocktail dress, a tuxedo, a pink rabbit outfit or almost naked. Club kids, divas, sluts, ravers, aristocrats, punks, goths, drag kings & queens, fashionistas, fabulous people... welcome to the club.

One of my favourite clubs is FANKLUB in Antwerp. Visit their website and you’ll know what I’m talking about.

www.fanklub.be

08-11-2006
front row

Tiamaria, thats a shame you had that experience in Edinburgh. I live in Aberdeen and have nights out both here and in Edinburgh, and whilst it is true that dressing down is totally acceptable on a night out here, we do still have nights when we love nothing more than to get glammed up to the max. It also depends on where you go as well - in some of the more relaxed pubs and bars, dressing up just does not fit. Also, we tend to have to be more mindful of the cold weather, so jackets are a must!

I had a night out after planning to meet a friend for tea, but we got carried away on the wine and ended up clubbing in our jeans and T-shirts! But It was actually had one of the best nights ever, maybe cos usually I spend most of my time in the ladies fixing my lipgloss or pulling my dress down

I think as long as you are comfortable, happy and having a laugh, each to their own what they wear xx

V.I.P.

^^ it was still one ofthe best weekends ever so it couldnt have been all that bad could it ?? nah edinburgh is one of my fav cities

08-11-2006
front row

It is annoying though when you have made heaps of effort and it took lyk three hours to get ready, when the person next to you at the bar looks exactly like you did before you started getting ready

V.I.P.

I hate how casual everyone is nowadays. It's a lousy trend in my opinion.

trendsetter

yeah same casual is good but going out is when you're meant to get dressed up!

me and my friends went away for a weekend only about an hour away - we got dressed up but we were pretty casual by normal standards and didnt stand out too much but people still looked

the guy looks were good but we got stared down by some girls and got the dirtiest looks! hehe I mean i'm nothing special but i felt good when we got death stared at by the girls hehe

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
party, wear