What to wear to prom or homecoming - Page 11 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-12-2004
offline.

i wanna be a debutante.

10-12-2004
ingenue

Quote:
Originally posted by CelineChic+Dec 9 2004, 09:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CelineChic @ Dec 9 2004, 09:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Debutantes should always wear white, no?
I know that everyone at my coming out did. Maybe wearing color is a North American thing?
[snapback]459049[/snapback]
[/b]

where I grew up (american south) white was also traditional...I don't know maybe it's a local thing.

<!--QuoteBegin-luna
@Dec 9 2004, 10:50 PM
i wanna be a debutante.
[snapback]459147[/snapback]
[/quote]

the bit about the dress at least intrigued me - one of my best friends used to always whine and complain about "oh my parents are insisting I have a deb ball...what a stupid idea! who wants a silly dress anyway?" and I'd feel like whacking her for being so unappreciative.

10-12-2004
Storm &amp;amp;amp; Sommer

<<<< just look at my avatar..I'm so wanting a debutant ball ..what are the rules ? Can you be 30, married and pregnant ??

pinterest : hanneonpin
10-12-2004
front row

hm.. well, we have a cotillon club that wears all white and gulf coast debutante society as well as the new orleans ones that wear white, so when my school started their's, they decided to allow white and color, and i'd wear white, but my twin's dress is white with pink crystals (the s name but i'd misspell it so..) all over it so.. yeah i'm stuck w/ color... i'm wearing white for my senior year one and the few in college.

10-12-2004
offline.

which one of the ones i posted did you like. southerncutie?

10-12-2004
Proponent of Plaid

Could you wear a white dress with different colored beadwork or accents?

front row

luna.. the gold.. asyoulikeit, my twin sister's is white with pink and I can't have the same as her.... sigh I'm going to a store in Hattiesburg (University of Southern Mississippi) that had some gorgeous ones last time I was up there and maybe a few stores in New Orleans... sigh everyone and I mean everyone is getting a Tiffany's dress-

14-12-2004
V.I.P.

from what i recall, someone (i could care less who) wore this christian dior haute couture dress to the bal des debutantes... sans sweater, camisole, drag makeup and legwarmers it looked great

but this is off-topic now isn't it.

14-12-2004
rising star

jessica mcklintock will have some cheap ones...they're a little plain, but very appropriate for a debutante. i'm actually looking for a graduation dress right now...

15-12-2004
Storm &amp;amp;amp; Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
from what i recall, someone (i could care less who) wore this christian dior haute couture dress to the bal des debutantes... sans sweater, camisole, drag makeup and legwarmers it looked great

but this is off-topic now isn't it.
Beautiful

pinterest : hanneonpin
15-12-2004
front row

that dress is beautiful... it's something my mom would totally go for if she could see it in person- gorgeous- i think i'm going to go and look at the stores then post any pics i can find of dresses... so gorgeous any more ideas- brian I that dress

20-12-2004
windowshopping

...How about everyone just goes the easier way and requests to the D&G or Versace for a dress to borrow? That's much easier and you don't have to pay. They'll give it to you to wear so as long as you give it back in mint condition - who knows, they might just give it to you as a gift, too. Anyway...hope I helped some.

24-12-2004
front row

politesociety... you can do that? I would have no idea who to call or write for that sort of thing- if they did let me borrow one could I tailor it a little because I have a small waist and a very large chest (like under 30 inches with 38 D/DD)... I was thinking about changing into a red chiffon bcbg number for after so... private me please?

24-12-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

I think it would be rare for a big house to lend you out a dress if there wasn't going to be any press coverage of the event. And even rarer for them to let you tailor it.

24-12-2004
front row

i know.. that's what i'm thinking- so politesociety? please go more w/ your idea

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
homecoming, prom, wear