How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-12-2009
windowshopping

My failsafe gig outfit for about 8 years is: babydoll dress + cowboy/biker boots + satchel. I don't wear tights because I always get farrr too hot, and the boots prevent my feet from getting stamped on. I once wore a pair of jazz shoes with a tiny heel and regretted it for the whole concert.

18-12-2009
Plain Ol' Beautiful

As my concert fall season is over now, I have to say I am repulsed by the uniformity with which people of certain musical tastes dress. It's so unoriginal and annoying and most of all I hate it that a crowd that listens to music far away from mainstream tastes gives you the dumbest looks if you didn't show up in jeans, flat boots and a hoodie.
The one concert I have been to this fall where there were actually kind, extremely fashionable people was the Horrors who played in the dirtiest, smallest club in the dodgiest corner of my town. You really have to go a long way for some individuality in music these days.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardybum8 View Post
Sorry my comment was a bit patronising, I was having a bad day yesterday I get a bit defensive of this 'lad rock' tag they've been branded with, just because they're a little bit cocky and believe in their music they get branded with this horrid label that most journalists use when they're being lazy and see that the band are from somewhere north of Watford

I understand why you don't like then they're not for everyone obviously but when I saw the kooks in the same list that also triggered me off

I know what group of people you're reffering to but I don't understand how they can be a chav and indie at the same time, surely it just totally contradicts both definations of the word?

Indie is a dying breed. You can't be 'independent' anymore when everyone is dressing the same, it's not a sub-culture anymore either it's being merged into popular culture which again completely defies the object. Same goes music wise, all the 'indie' bands are being snapped up by major record labels therefore not so 'independent' anymore

I hate all these little boxes that everyone and every band must fit in

---------

My boots are so worn out! I need some new ones but they don't look right to me when they're all new, I like them aged a bit
I must agree. 'Indie' is irrelevant. It seems there is so much ruckus about going against the grain that it self implodes and does the exact opposite.

There are better things to focus on though. Forget the labels and the boxes.

31-12-2009
front row

I don't really go to all that many gigs, but I'm not a jeans person so what gets worn is usually a dress/skirt+t-shirt of some kind, with or without stockings (I prefer those over tights because there's no gusset), with a big jacket/parka over the lot if it's cold, and hiking boots because I don't like my feet getting stamped on or my shoes ruined. I don't normally carry a bag since everything goes in my jacket pockets anyway. And a head accessory or two (feathered headbands/sparkly bows) if I have the time.

Last edited by Drusilla_; 31-12-2009 at 04:00 AM.
31-12-2009
rising star

I tend to go quite over the top at gigs, it's an excuse to dress up and stand out for me, so last Sunday it was leather hotpants, lace tights and thigh boots with a black tshirt. Usually it's a mini dress made out of a band tshirt, or a short skirt with stockings and suspenders and new rocks or docs. Bearing in mind most of the fans of my guys band are 50+ and a staunch jeans and tshirt brigade this is quite out there.
Its fun

01-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by irulan View Post
As my concert fall season is over now, I have to say I am repulsed by the uniformity with which people of certain musical tastes dress. It's so unoriginal and annoying and most of all I hate it that a crowd that listens to music far away from mainstream tastes gives you the dumbest looks if you didn't show up in jeans, flat boots and a hoodie.
The one concert I have been to this fall where there were actually kind, extremely fashionable people was the Horrors who played in the dirtiest, smallest club in the dodgiest corner of my town. You really have to go a long way for some individuality in music these days.
Thats not so much the case over here in the uk. I'm glad that the horrors decided to experiment and grow with their sound though, meant that they stopped being teeny bopper like the first album. I do get what you mean about clothing snobbery though, In the world I work in I do get odd looks because I don't really dress to any sort of code, I just wear stuff that I like the look of, but it doesn't really go with the whole gentile brogues and puff sleeves that all the other girls are adorned in.

09-01-2010
V.I.P.

I do not get why some people wear heels at rock concert.
Why? you will stand, dance and jump all night long.

I allways wear some kind of dress, tights/leggings, flat shoes and thatエs it.
the most comfotable rock concert outfit.

V.I.P.

^I agree. It's a bit ridiculous, but you know the saying "Fashion kills"...

11-01-2010
Plain Ol' Beautiful

You can stand, jump and dance in high heels, too. I don't get why it's ridiculous...Plus, it makes you taller and you see better.

V.I.P.

^hahah that heels makes you taller and you see better thing is a good point. but I personally just cannot stand heels and standing in heels and jumping around in heels. just me, but everyone have their style

windowshopping

I would wear a loose black American Apparel tee, dark grey skinny jeans, pyramid studded leather bracelet and black chunky platform ankle booties. Chunky heels are much more comfortable than thinner heels!

29-07-2011
backstage pass

I never wear heels to concerts, or even wedges.

Last outfit I wore to a concert was a tunic-length tank, black sequinned leggings, and flats with a micro-wedge. Plus I have the most awesome glitter eyeshadow so I wore tons of that and found it all over the house for the next week.

07-08-2011
rising star

I love to go to gigs! I've never worn high heels but I don't think there's something wrong when somebody does. I just feel sorry about their feet then

I always want to look stylish at gigs though because you never know if you meet the artists afterwards which happens to me often.

I wear skinny jeans, leggings, OTK flat boots, boots, converse shoes (but then the rest of the outfit must look really good), very short dresses (then I wear leggings), the tops I wear are very elegant. I also like to add nice accessoires.

Casual but stylish.

Soon I'll attent another gig then I'll post a pic of my outfit. Pics are always better

14-08-2011
rising star

I don't know what rock concerts you all go to but in my experience, wearing heels would be rediculous! people crowd surfing everywhere, moshing, trying to push closer to the band...If you don't hurt your own foot your bound to hurt someone elses!

I generally just wear shorts, a nice top and some cool lace up flat shoes, converse or soemthing alike.

Last edited by Frenger.; 14-08-2011 at 02:31 AM.
17-08-2011
unspecified

I saw a girl with a top hat...

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
concert, rock, wear