How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-09-2007
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnenoir View Post
Personally, I think it's uncool to wear a t-shirt from the band you are seeing to the gig unless it's a really special one. If you see the Flaming Lips and you have a vintage shirt from the 1980's or a one-of-a-kind shirt, I think that's ok. :p
I've seen some wonderful homemade shirts at shows. Wish I knew how to do silkscreen! But yeah, wearing a shirt from the band's previous tour looks kind of silly.

28-09-2007
This is the Renaissance

Worse still, imo, is seeing people wear their own band's t-shirt!

Gah! :p

28-09-2007
backstage pass

Jeans, cute, comfy shoes and socks (my slip-on vans are nice.), and then a tshirt. Nothing too fancy, but I try to stickwith flattering cuts (i.e. fitted t shirt rather than the usual boxy cut.), and simple colours.
A cut hoodie or blazer to top it off, although only in the winter. If I'm moshing, I'm not going to be too chilly. hahaha. Why carry the extra bulk?

28-09-2007
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibimus View Post
If I'm moshing, I'm not going to be too chilly. hahaha. Why carry the extra bulk?
Oh that brings to mind a good point. Moshing means a sports bra or similar support might be a good idea!

29-09-2007
scenester

Pleather, vinyl, short army dresses, etc, slut boots!, more extreme hair falls, and other props and clothes that would look too strange out of the club.

Last edited by shes_in_parties; 29-09-2007 at 11:11 PM. Reason: adding more
30-10-2008
In Bloom

What to wear to a concert
What do you guys wear to concerts? I did a search, and I didn't find anything My last concert was José Gonzales, and I just put on jeans and a tee as it was a small and intimate (=hot and humid, apparently) concert. My next concert is N*E*R*D I have no idea what to wear. It's in December in a club with black-painted walls, floor and ceiling, it pretty much looks like a drug den. Love it to death, but don't know what to wear anyway...

I love watching people at concerts, they wear such interesting things...

we were in love

30-10-2008
oh! darling

Of course, you gotta wear a T shirt sporting the band!

As for the rest, since it's indoors, wear something light. Resist the cold as you wait in line because it'll really suck to have to carry your coat indoors and then have to jump around with it on your arm. If you decide to wear it, it'll be freakin' hot.

Since all concerts get you excited and you perspire, I would wear a T. Comfy pants too if you're sitting between acts.

In Bloom

Well, they do have a wardrobe, it's a club...not quite the place for jeans and a tee Wearing black would be silly, since the whole place is painted black...hm.

we were in love

31-10-2008
Power to the 99%

^ What about a silver grey top or silver jeans? Should look good against a black background ...

01-11-2008
backstage pass

jeans, tshirts, leather jacket and sneakers... simple :/

01-11-2008
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ What about a silver grey top or silver jeans? Should look good against a black background ...
I'm starting to think that a pair of grey jeans, a loose (white) tank or tee and a blazer... I really need a huge necklace a la Dries van Noten and some earrings too, I think the crowd might be a bit ghetto But this isn't a rock concert, it's in a club, so that whole tee-jeans-sneakers isn't really neccessary as for comfort.

style.com

I might pull out my Burberry knockoffs instead of jewellery...I can go sit down and have a beer anytime, so there's no reason to put on my ugliest most worn-out shoes as I usually do @ concerts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03672.JPG (53.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03673.JPG (59.5 KB, 1 views)

we were in love

03-11-2008
Power to the 99%

^ I like your ideas ...

03-11-2008
trendsetter

You can wear pretty much anything to a rock concert nowadays. I've seen preppy styles and hippies at punk shows. I've seen the most elaborate outfits and really casual jeans and t shirts on the same night. Rock music has become so hybridized and eclectic that no one will give you a hard time about how you look. I realize that this sounds like a no-brainer, but in the past there were specific looks for different kinds of rock, and only a particularly brave soul would dare to stand out. The only exception is if the concert is held at a club with a dress code policy.

Practical advice if the concert venue is crowded and without seating: Others have covered the topic of comfortable, resilient shoes, but I would also advise not to wear highly flammable fabrics, as you'll be in close vicinity with smokers. Don't carry a heavy bag, especially a one-shoulder bag, as your back and shoulders will ache. No dangly earrings or spiky jewellery if you plan to go anywhere near a moshpit; this is for others' consideration as well as yours. Lastly, dress lightly because it usually gets hot, even if the place has a good ventilation system. If it's during the winter and you need to wear a coat to get to the venue, don't wear your favorite coat, especially if it's an expensive brand. Lots of places don't have coat rooms, so you'll have to find a corner or bench to leave your coat, and theft has been known to occur.

03-11-2008
backstage pass

You don't really need to wear a ballgown for a rock concert non? Just anything very comfy I suppose .. I've never dressed up for a concert before. Comfort first!!

trendsetter

You don't have to wear a ballgown, that's for sure. But I like to dress up anyway, because my life as an adult (cough cough) doesn't provide me with that many outlets for sartorial creativity. And like I said, anything goes at a rock concert, that's part of the fun.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
concert, rock, wear