How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-08-2009
backstage pass

What do you typically wear to a concert where it'll be hot and packed with bodies? I always feel like what I want to wear is too inappropriate, but I want to stay cool...can't seem to find a middle ground...

16-08-2009
backstage pass

I usually wear a t-shirt, jeans, zip-hoodie and boots or sneakers.

I only go to metal or rock concerts, so I know what to dress like.

Don't wear a skirt, dress or anything that is really special. People are moving around, dancing, and head banging. If you end up wearing a skirt or dress, stay away from the pit.

I find coin purses perfect for concerts. They can fit into a pocket and good for easy access. I try to get one that can carry some money, cellphone, pocket knife(optional for you lol), keys, license and an emergency tampon.

17-08-2009
backstage pass

Hahaha, pocket knife.

See, I would be way too hot in everything you suggested...that's kind of my dilemma...

I was planning on wearing just a plain, fitted, spaghetti-strap dress (not special or extravagant) with sheer tights. I won't ever wear a T-shirt to a concert (pit stains!)..

It just really depends on the show, because I've been in two very different pits; one where I was completely squished and one where people were only touching elbow to elbow. I guess that's why i'm so torn..thanks for your reponse!

17-08-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sav_ View Post
Hahaha, pocket knife.

See, I would be way too hot in everything you suggested...that's kind of my dilemma...

I was planning on wearing just a plain, fitted, spaghetti-strap dress (not special or extravagant) with sheer tights. I won't ever wear a T-shirt to a concert (pit stains!)..

It just really depends on the show, because I've been in two very different pits; one where I was completely squished and one where people were only touching elbow to elbow. I guess that's why i'm so torn..thanks for your reponse!
If you are going to a rock concert, you can wear a racerback tank top or halter top. You don't have to conform to just a t-shirt.

I wear a t-shirt and jeans since I usually in the pit or near the front. I just bring a hoodie because it can get cold or rain. Plus, I am able to keep my personal belongings in my pockets.

17-08-2009
backstage pass

Ohhh I see.

Yeah I've been in the pit of every show I've been to, but each is different. Oh well. Guess I'll just wing it and see what happens.

19-08-2009
windowshopping

it really depends doesn't it? I always wear whatever I want as long as it's practical. I've managed to break my foot in a pit before so heels are out of the question. I would never wear a dress/skirt because what if you fancy crowd surfing? Nothing too precious because it will get torn/stained.
Jumpsuit? it's not as boring as a tshirt but more comfortable and practical than anything else.

19-09-2009
tfs star

back to that little offtopic Kasabian thing... Am I the only one who would've easily gone for the Serge's offer? There's something about him that makes me wanna ah xP.

And as for the rock concert, it depends what kind of place it is, pogo or death wall certainly won't be good for you high heels....

21-09-2009
Plain Ol' Beautiful

I'm gonna see Muse soon enough and I have no idea what to wear. My wardrobe does not include such things as t-shirts or flat shoes, I'm afraid I will be overdressed...

Riot Bug

Dark pieces...black is always a winner... something comfy at your feet

Riot Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by irulan View Post
I'm gonna see Muse soon enough and I have no idea what to wear. My wardrobe does not include such things as t-shirts or flat shoes, I'm afraid I will be overdressed...
nah! no way... i love when people goes to a gig the way they are...i mean try to choose something you can wear ok when there's lots of people but im sure u'll be fine wearting your own style... aww i got pictures of muse live from the pit...when i recover my computer (now im at the library) ill show you some u might like

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Tofana View Post
back to that little offtopic Kasabian thing... Am I the only one who would've easily gone for the Serge's offer? There's something about him that makes me wanna ah xP.

And as for the rock concert, it depends what kind of place it is, pogo or death wall certainly won't be good for you high heels....
I'm totally with you! I changed my mind He's grown on me and in the flesh he was gorgeous! I was at the front back in front of him Although having said this in the early days I didn't find him attractive whatsoever, so I can see why these ladies said no

backstage pass

serge! haha

22-09-2009
front row

My post doesn't make sense I meant to put 'I was at the front, right in front of him'

I'm a Tom girl personally, but I wouldn't say no :p

This is the Renaissance

Ahhh, I really don't think any of you would find Serge's arrogance very attractive, imo. If he were a amusing self-deprecating sort, that would probably be totally different.

And yeah, at the time I was wondering why it was Serge and not Tom. Isn't that how it always is?

Back to gig clothes, I went to the opera awhile back and wore a silver brocade mini-skirt. I don't wear it very often so I thought about it and realized that the last time I wore it was a Morrissey show! I thought that was funny, all I had to do was change the shoes.

29-09-2009
front row

I never wear anything to a concert that I'd be afraid of ruining. I usually wear either leggings or jeans, never a skirt or anything short.. and a long tank top. And either flats or sneakers.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
concert, rock, wear