What to wear to someone else's wedding - Page 19 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

1 Week Ago
backstage pass

A wrap! That's precisely what I meant by "scarf" I can't think of any colour that would look good with both, however... I was looking at a silver wrap for the second dress but I am not so sure about it for the first.

1 Week Ago
#Resist

^ Silver would probably work with both ... metallics are neutral. I was thinking ivory or camel or black would work with both, or maybe some sort of subtle print ...

I have two wraps, bright pink and leopard print, and they seem to work with everything I have ... or, I should say, everything I've needed a wrap with

6 Days Ago
backstage pass

I'm bringing back an old question here, but "ivory" got me thinking... and I was thinking of buying this cape/coat:

zara

Is it too white? Website states "ecru" or something of that sort. Both weddings are going to be church weddings (catholic), and I know that the bride in one of them is an actual practicing catholic...

6 Days Ago
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraaa View Post
I'm bringing back an old question here, but "ivory" got me thinking... and I was thinking of buying this cape/coat:

zara

Is it too white? Website states "ecru" or something of that sort. Both weddings are going to be church weddings (catholic), and I know that the bride in one of them is an actual practicing catholic...
I think that most people wouldn't care, but I generally do not wear white (or anything resembling white) to white. I can wear that any other day, if I wish to, so no need risking being inapropriately dressed, in my opinion.

5 Days Ago
#Resist

IMO this would be fine, since your dresses will be a definite color.

My aunt wore a white lace dress to my sister's wedding. It was definitely inappropriate, but there was no competition being presented

3 Days Ago
windowshopping

Since your dress is of a different color, you should be fine.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
IMO this would be fine, since your dresses will be a definite color.

My aunt wore a white lace dress to my sister's wedding. It was definitely inappropriate, but there was no competition being presented
When my cousin Emilie got married, her mother (also my cousin? She's my father's first cousin) also wore a weddding dress. Now that's what I call competition

Thank you all for the input! I also think it might be ok, but I will see the coat in real life before deciding. It's mostly to cover my arms during the church part and definitely not for the pictures.

2 Days Ago
#Resist

^ There should be a door marked 'Therapy, right this way' for anyone who does that

1 Day Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraaa View Post

zara

in my opinion you should not wear anything white or "alike white" like ivory, off white etc.
I didnt cared on my wedding day, but people kept on talking about that and it looks weird in photos.
if one of the brides is very catholic, then you have your answer yourself: do not wear that. even if you ask her and she says it´s okay, it´s an traditional catholic wedding after all, so no!

1 Day Ago
#Resist

^ barbaraa said that she won't be wearing the wrap/cape in photos, just to keep warm if needed.

When my aunt made her faux pas, I didn't hear anyone talking about the white lace elephant in the room I guess the level of chatter will somewhat depend on the level of the guests and how much they have to talk about.

1 Day Ago
backstage pass

I also didn't hear anyone talking about my cousin's mother

But fear not! I hated the coat irl and bought a beige/cream wrap in a very neutral colour that everyone and their mother (except for my cousin's mother, that is) wears to weddings and will be fine for all future occasions

parfois

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wear, wedding