How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-09-2008
front row

I'm going to my boyfriends brothers wedding on the 20th of September.
I don't really know what to wear.....
I don't want to spend too much money (up to £40 on the dress) and I would like to be able to wear it again...
any ideas?

28-12-2008
backstage pass

so my brother is getting married.. its like months away but still..

I have to get a good outfit, with long sleeves cause i dont think they will like it if i show my tattoos:p
nothing to fancy cause my family doesnt dress up that much.. no gorgeous dresses etc:p but i do want to stand out a little bit off course

28-12-2008
backstage pass

iwas looking for this..and couldnt find this topic? got lost lol

31-12-2008
backstage pass

a simple chic herve leger dress with a black calfskin chanel clutch....chic

31-12-2008
backstage pass

yes i think its going to be a cute dress, i found an amazing shop here with beautiful dresses.
Have to put a jacket or something over it, cause its ccccccold here when the wedding takes place.

07-01-2009
turn and face the strange

Could anyone give me some advice for a dress to wear to a January wedding? The wedding colors are green and brown.. I'd like to try and find a knee-length green dress but I'm not sure if I should wear tights with maryjanes or boots... I'm a boot girl

By the way this is in Louisiana.. so the weather may be cold but probably not extreme!

08-01-2009
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by haute femme View Post
Could anyone give me some advice for a dress to wear to a January wedding? The wedding colors are green and brown.. I'd like to try and find a knee-length green dress but I'm not sure if I should wear tights with maryjanes or boots... I'm a boot girl

By the way this is in Louisiana.. so the weather may be cold but probably not extreme!
Somehow boots for a wedding don't seem just the thing ... maybe a very particular pair of boots with a very particular outfit, if it really is cold ... I'm thinking something Victorian looking for a December wedding could be appropriate.

In LA, I would think about the tights & Mary Janes ... you're not in the wedding party, right? If so, you don't need to match ... I would definitely take the opportunity to avoid colors that seem rather uninspiring

What time of day is the wedding?

09-01-2009
turn and face the strange

^ thanks for your input!! Luckily, my grandmother told me there was a huge sale going on at a local boutique, where I picked up a handful of pretty dresses. This is great because normally I can't find cute dresses that fit my hourglassy figure.. I was finally able to buy them in my size instead of 4 sizes up in ill-fitting cheap material! Ok, enough of my rant.

I may post pics of my choices later.. I'm planning on wearing tights and maryjanes seem like a great choice! The wedding is at 6 with the reception afterward, btw.

01-02-2009
Fat Karl

This is basically my job...at the boutique I work at, people come to us and ask us to put together outfits for them to wear to weddings and other such events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haute femme View Post

Like fashionista-ta mentioned, boots don't seem quite appropriate for a wedding. Also, I wouldn't wear either of the wedding colors...save that for the bridesmaids, groomsmen and the decor.

A nice dress and a great coat would be your best bet, since you mentioned it will be chilly. Keep accessories to a minimum...simple jewelry and a clutch is all you'll need.

backstage pass

help wanted - what o wear to a wedding... please help!!!
Hi guys!
I need some help.

My cousin is getting married on March 28th , and I live in Chile,South America.

The thing is that, it will be very cold , like 3°C (we'll be in autumm/fall )... so I don't really know what to wear...

I made this very cute dress, inspired by this Foley and Corinna dress.. yes, I'm fashion design student but right now I have no idea what to wear.

I need to cover a little bit for church because the reception will be in a warm ballroom.

please help... I really trust you guys!

if you want to help me, could you please post some ideas or maybe pictures...

thanks in advance...

my dress looks a little bit like this.

08-02-2009
Power to the 99%

What about a big black velvet cape?

09-02-2009
V.I.P.

I wore the miu miu dress to two spring/summer weddings and a vintage lanvin to my brothers wedding in october. The necklace is one of my favorites from moma.

style

03-04-2009
scenester

Hi,

So I have 2 weddings to attend this summer (my brother's and sister's). I am not sure what you wear. I am thinking to buy 2 dresses that I can use again for events like going out for a dinner or an office party. I am 27 but I am still a student.
Here is one what I was thinking for one of the weddings
http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/w...47%7c-49998945
And I attached the other one from mango.com

Are they appropriate for the weddings and for an office party/dinner?

Any other suggestions?
Thank you so much!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp dress1.bmp (468.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by LoveBug; 03-04-2009 at 10:47 PM.
03-04-2009
scenester

mango.com
Attached Images
File Type: bmp dress1.bmp (468.8 KB, 0 views)

03-04-2009
Power to the 99%

LoveBug, I'm not sure which of the dresses you mean ... the link shows me a page of different looks ... and the mango attachment didn't take I can walk you thru the process if you like ... just leave me a profile comment. Are you clicking the Upload button when you attach the picture?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wear, wedding