How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-04-2005
V.I.P.

Hilarious, oui...

That stuff is SO tacky. Especially the necklace and bracelet. And the metal logo on the shoes.

It's all so cheap-looking.

05-04-2005
backstage pass

If I were Nuveau Riche I would wear alexander mcqueen and marc jacobs. I would still scope out the thrift stores every once in a while, I would splurge on certain items but still get my basics from regular department stores, I dont think I would buy $500 pajamas or anything dumb like that. I would splurge on shoes of course. And make sure I had a personal assistant with me at all times to tell people off for me. I would buy 1 expensive car and the rest could be average..like Land Rovers, etc... I would live it up but not be dumb about my money and go buying a million dollars worth of louis luggage.

www.styleisagift.com
www.myspace.com/styleisagift
06-04-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego
If I were Nuveau Riche I would wear alexander mcqueen and marc jacobs. I would still scope out the thrift stores every once in a while, I would splurge on certain items but still get my basics from regular department stores, I dont think I would buy $500 pajamas or anything dumb like that. I would splurge on shoes of course. And make sure I had a personal assistant with me at all times to tell people off for me. I would buy 1 expensive car and the rest could be average..like Land Rovers, etc... I would live it up but not be dumb about my money and go buying a million dollars worth of louis luggage.
I never got LV luggage, it's like writing on your bag "please tear me open and help yourself." Even if I had an unlimited amount of money Id get a Tumi luggage set.

06-04-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
I never got LV luggage, it's like writing on your bag "please tear me open and help yourself." Even if I had an unlimited amount of money Id get a Tumi luggage set.
that's true actually ...

06-04-2005
backstage pass

I'd dress myself up like a kid in a candy store.

-Pairing odd Dior socks and shoes with a Sweeping Tiered skirt, ruffled in masses of fabric and rolled over a chunky Sportmax belt.
-A pink Buddhist Punk Bikini top and Turquoise cropped jacket with arms and wrists massacured in Dolce & Gabbana animal skin and patterned bangles.
-A set of John Galliano Butterfly wings to set the whole thing flying, with his fabulous flower nest hats and eye glasses with flower and shell earings.
-A dose of Luella Bartley's Apple Green Print, and the carrier of her covetable handbags.
-A bunch of Marni's novelty necklaces strung on rope hanging off the neck and somewhere within it all a DSquared diomand G-String a la Paris Hilton.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ooooo.JPG (110.6 KB, 26 views)

06-04-2005
backstage pass

This thread is hilarious!

Anything with that damn LV logo on it fits so well into this catagory!
Sunglasses with the Brand logo over powering the actual glasses.

front row

Day outfit

The day outfit would be low-key but very expensive. I'd need to feel the couture against my skin. Colours should be solid bold and clash each other -I want to look granny chic but not so granny. The textures shouldn't match each other (if the top is made of knit, the bottoms should be of a luxurious texture such as velour) since the idea is to look like you don't care. The shoes should be something inexpensive like Havaianas, after all it's my expensive handbag that makes the outift. Finally, logos are completely out this season, so I'd wear something more subtle and fashionsavy that only true rich people can recognise. It'd also avoid confusion about whether or not my item is fake and is the final touch for my statement: "Daddy has lots of money - don't **** with me".

Jacket: Dior Flower Energy

Top: MJ

Bottoms: Juicy Couture

Bag: Balenciaga (read: Bah-lan-zi-geh)

front row

Evening outfit

Believe it or not, the evening outfit is much easier to complete: I haven't got the pressure of looking low-key since everybody in my circle can afford evertyhing I am wearing. Therefore, I am going for the best. I am getting a dress straight out of the catwalk, which I had fitted in a Parisian atelier just for me. I would also wear two bags: one small clutch for the cocktail by an exclusive designer that doesn't need to advertise. And another one a bit larger full of irrelevant stuff that my handbag boy would keep all night (gosh I love my handbag boy, so adorable!). My shoes? Designer, of course. And let's not forget the diamonds, because they're so old-money and class. My final accessorie is an upper class accent I've cultivated through the years so people believe I'm genuinely posh.

Dress: Versace (Read: Vaar-sah-ceeeeeeeeee)

Handbag one: Hermes (HERR-maz) Birkin in Read Crocodile

Handbag 2: some clutch I found at Neimans for like, $3000

backstage pass

Woops, i totally missed the conception of it all being from eLuxury. In that case it's Dior Bomber Jackets meets Pucci Momma.

Accompanied with accesorised Louis Vuitton watch and handbag, Dior purse, Dior shoe, Pucci shoe, and BaccaPat Butcher earings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg puci.jpg (32.1 KB, 19 views)

06-04-2005
backstage pass

Nothing, I would probably be busy sleeping with some old rich dude waiting for him to finally die.

06-04-2005
front row

If I were nouveau riche, I'd wear lots of bling bling :p . (first time I've ever used that word)

Size matters.
06-04-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alura
Nothing, I would probably be busy sleeping with some old rich dude waiting for him to finally die.
Um, I thought it was proven that this method of aquiring wealth doesn't work very well, by the lovely nouveau riche (not so rich after all) poster girl herself, Anna Nicole Smith. It could work if he didn't have kids and you weren't on crack I suppose.

Size matters.
06-04-2005
etre soi-meme

if i were a nouveau rich being myself hmm... i'd try to show off as old money

so, maybe i'd wear Hermes or Lanvin or even Marni and i try to persuade everyone i dont know who Galliano or Dsquared or Cavalli is..

06-04-2005
mmmmmm...fashion....

this is a rather bitter thread, don't you think?

also some of the posted outfits are frightfully similar to those sported by the teenage offspring of some very old money south ken/ chelsea families...

Last edited by travis_nw8; 06-04-2005 at 03:42 PM.
06-04-2005
V.I.P.

^How's that?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
nouveau, riche, wear