How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-07-2008
fashion icon

Can I wear these at work in a concervative inviroment and I'm at a top position. I mean -aren't the pants too wide /almost like skirt/ so in a way estravagant?
pict NAP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31810_fr_l.jpg (10.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 30907_in_l.jpg (17.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 28804_fr_l.jpg (14.4 KB, 1 views)

18-07-2008
Power to the 99%

aris, IMO it's the shirt that's questionable b/c it's visible above the table/desk & might be distracting. I can see a guy (or gal, let's be equal opportunity here ) not getting it & sitting there thinking, "What is wrong with that shirt???" To me the pants seem OK, but I haven't seen them on ... I like my skirts fairly long, and some are close to the floor if I don't have them hemmed ... you could view that as conservative And I think it's OK to sweep into the room a bit if you're in a top position

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 18-07-2008 at 05:43 PM.
19-07-2008
fashion icon

fashionista-ta, thank you for your advise - I see your point on the shirt, never thought about it, though, Thank you!

21-07-2008
Power to the 99%

^ aris, I had one other thought after I posted this ... if you're ever in a position where you want to befuddle the not-very-sophisticated opposition this shirt would be perfect for that

21-07-2008
tfs star

luckily my jobs let me wear whatever i want. they'd like it more if i dressed up, but i can pretty much wear whatever.

21-07-2008
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ aris, I had one other thought after I posted this ... if you're ever in a position where you want to befuddle the not-very-sophisticated opposition this shirt would be perfect for that
hahahaha

22-07-2008
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ Free clothes!!! I have never gotten free clothes from work ... but back in the day when I worked in retail, I did get a very substantial discount ...
I know, it's crazy Granted, the clothes really aren't that exciting... But they're free so who cares?!

front row

i work in a corporate office but it's not very "corporate" in terms of the dress code. you get everything from full on suits to flip flops here (even tho you're not supposed to wear them). it's a mix of ppl wearing what they want and dressing for their position or the one they hope to get.

sometimes i dress up....which usually means a jersey dress a la DVF or a pencil skirt and fitted sweater/jersey top. soooo boring. i let my personality shine through my shoes.

rising star

What to wear at work???
Sorry for open this thread but irt would be nice that we can share tips about how to wear at the office.

Thanks

15-02-2009
backstage pass

A nice blouse, slacks and a blazer.

15-02-2009
V.I.P.

A neutral pencil skirt, fitted blazer and a bold or printed blouse under the blazer for some added color. You could also do a nice solid color heel for some interest or even a nice pointed flat (if you don't want to be torturing your feet all day :p). Jewelry should be kept simple, so a single necklace, some diamond earrings, and a ring would be cute.

15-02-2009
Power to the 99%

bump for merging

31-03-2009
tfs star

Please be my stylists: what to wear for a new job?
I will start in a new job in two weeks, and I just don`t know what to buy. It`s my first job after my graduation, I´m going to be in office, surrounded with lot of students, cause it`s school. So the enviroment is kinda casual, no need for really formal clothing. But I want to look good and clean, yet trendy and young. What do you recommend ?

I have this usual situation, my closets are full of clothes, and I have nothing to wear. Reason is I buy stupid things, nothing fits together, nothing really flatters me. Spring is coming, and now is my time to wear nicely.

31-03-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGirl View Post
I will start in a new job in two weeks, and I just don`t know what to buy. It`s my first job after my graduation, I´m going to be in office, surrounded with lot of students, cause it`s school. So the enviroment is kinda casual, no need for really formal clothing. But I want to look good and clean, yet trendy and young. What do you recommend ?

I have this usual situation, my closets are full of clothes, and I have nothing to wear. Reason is I buy stupid things, nothing fits together, nothing really flatters me. Spring is coming, and now is my time to wear nicely.
I assume you`re under thirty, but not a teenager anymore. If that is so: a confortable and moderate heels (but, please, no flats), a skirt aorund the knee (a pencil style, but not so tight and confortable) or trousers with a fancy style (I mean, not a simple cut jeans or something), and a blouse that holds perspiration (I assume, also, it is a fullday job) and that is feminine. Balck and white would no be so good as a light brown/pastel dominant colors. No skarfs, small earrings, delicate rings and bracelets, nothing to strong or heavy.

Good look

Marina Carmens

31-03-2009
Power to the 99%

I would wait till you start & see what others are wearing. Then see what you have in your closet that would work & use that as a starting point. For information about building a wardrobe, you might find our 4-5 piece French wardrobe thread helpful ...

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 31-03-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wear, work