How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-06-2004
rising star

I tend to wear skirt suits and sometimes I'm slightly more casual. I don't wear trousers as I prefer skirts and dresses.

I wear clothes like these

I wear shoes like this with my black pinstripe short skirt suit

17-06-2004
backstage pass

for the most part, 'classic' skirt suits such as this:

that one was a little more sexed-up for the catwalk, though, but the fitted black suits with pencil skirts like that is mostly what i wear.

17-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

what kind of job do you do nuiko?...

17-06-2004
backstage pass

i'm an intern at a law firm.

17-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

we've got a number of folks in law firms it seems...gotta make the money to buy the clothes i guess...hahaha...

17-06-2004
backstage pass

but of course!!

17-06-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by nuiko@Jun 18th, 2004 - 3:07 am

that one was a little more sexed-up for the catwalk, though, but the fitted black suits with pencil skirts like that is mostly what i wear.
That is a beautiful skirt suit!

17-06-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by nuiko@Jun 17th, 2004 - 9:07 pm

i have that suit! its my perfect work suit...i also have those pumps god that was a perfect Dolce & Gabbana collection

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by Pradaromance12@Jun 17th, 2004 - 11:40 pm

i have that suit! its my perfect work suit...i also have those pumps god that was a perfect Dolce & Gabbana collection
same here!!
that collection totally WAS perfect!!

18-06-2004
scenester

Quote:
Originally posted by Alejandro@Jun 16th, 2004 - 3:23 pm
What I dont wear to work
Same here...everyone goes in business suits cept me, I wear what I please.

18-06-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by Tempest+Jun 18th, 2004 - 7:03 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tempest @ Jun 18th, 2004 - 7:03 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro@Jun 16th, 2004 - 3:23 pm
What I dont wear to work
Same here...everyone goes in business suits cept me, I wear what I please. [/b][/quote]
Depends on the job. Some people have to wear suits. Some enjoy wearing them. Today I'm wearing a black pinstripe skirt suit. The skirt is very short. I'd hardly call it a business suit and I'm glad I can get away with it. I wear suits sometimes simply because I enjoy wearing them.

18-06-2004
fashion icon

Well, I'm a journalist, so I can get away with almost anything- no dress code. However, given my field of "action"- which is politics, I prefer to look rather professional than casual. Therefore- knee lentgh skirts, well tailored jackets and pants are my trademarks . People around me tell me that I should dress my age (23), but I prefer to stand out in the crowd- which isn't difficult, by the way, due to my height- 5'11...

Swim Upstream

Quote:
Originally posted by Harvz88@Apr 9th, 2004 - 11:34 am
I'm interning at a law firm in london this summer, and I'm really wondering what sort of shoes I should wear. I'm 16- do I have to wear pumps?! I'm so so worried about this whole dress code thing... PLEASE HELP ME
I am a corporate lawyer & know the culture in lots of London firms - I would advise you to get a suit - best wear something dark. do not draw attention to yourself by trying to be flamboyant - lawyers on the whole will either just make fun of you or think you are irresponsible if you wear fashion-y stuff. that is for later once you have proved yourself & people respect you for the job you do - at that point you can show your personality through your clothing. for now head down & work hard - and good luck!!

18-06-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by dgie+Apr 10th, 2004 - 12:54 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dgie @ Apr 10th, 2004 - 12:54 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ahhGucci@Apr 9th, 2004 - 11:12 am
A law firm. I doub't pumps would be suitable. Probably some low loafers or anything black and leather.* Your best bet would be to Dress conservatively. Wear a blouse, and a long skirt (or trousers if you prefer )
They should send you the dress code really. If you are doing this for work experience, there mght be a pack you recieve with this sort of information inside.
Best of luck
Actually, I'm an attorney with a large law firm and pumps are definately acceptable. So are slingbacks, loafers, boots (with pants), and mules. The rule of thumb is not to wear sandals and don't wear ridiculously high heels. I would say 3 inches and under is a safe bet.
Also, I doubt they will send you anythign about the dress code, but they should tell you whether the dress is business or business casual. This shouldn't have any impact on what shoes you wear though. [/b][/quote]
for work experience? Well, you'd know more about this than me. Thanks

18-06-2004
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by ahhGucci@Apr 9th, 2004 - 11:12 am
A law firm. I doub't pumps would be suitable. Probably some low loafers or anything black and leather. Your best bet would be to Dress conservatively. Wear a blouse, and a long skirt (or trousers if you prefer )
They should send you the dress code really. If you are doing this for work experience, there mght be a pack you recieve with this sort of information inside.
Best of luck
what makes pumps not suitable?
some of my friends who are lawyers wear pumps to work all the time, it's perfectly fine

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wear, work