How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-08-2013
front row

I agree with getting a tailor to do the bridesmaids dresses - that way you can also assure that they get their best fit.

27-08-2013
front row

Thank you ladies. I think I found the bridesmaids dresses and I will just drop the open back idea and leave the dress as it should be. I am really glad I found it especially since it is from a London-based designer and I also fell in love with 3 of her wedding dresses. Thanks Elle UK magazine! I think she will be the one working with us.
Pictures of the bridesmaids' dresses - she will have change the colour and probably fabric. I also think I want her to tone down the crystals/embellishment.. It would be weird otherwise.
Credit: Philippa Lepley

Picture of the 3 wedding dresses I am interested in
Credit: Phillipa Lepley
I don't like the addition of the lace but I love love the bodice.

This is my favorite, I love everything.. but my mum is very fond of to the bodice of the first one which I like and the neckline of the last line (which I find too busy)

I really like the neckline but I somehow think it is too busy and wouldn't go with the earrings I want..

Which one would you vote for? I think I will make an appointment as soon as I am back and better to try the 3 of them on. On her website she says the bride can have to make up to 6 fittings and she prefers to have 1 year to do the whole thing so, I am a bit scared !

fashion insider

Great choices! I would definitively tone down or remove the embellisment on the bridesmaid dresses, because now it looks more like a gypsy dress.

I like the second one! It's the most delicate one, it looks regal and the back is gorgeous. But the lace is split in the front, I would like that the dress is totally covered with lace.
The shoulders of the first/third one don't look right, it's too much for the overall look. Without the shoulders the first one is rather bland.
I'm curious how the dresses look in real life, there is always a difference between pics and real life. Enjoy trying them one and choosing the right one!

front row

Appointment on the 17th of September, I am so excited !!

Jina, indeed he is. Next time we will all go out for dinner

trendsetter

That would be great. Can't wait to meet you in person too.

I would vote for the second one, especially the back is really beautiful, but somehow I have a feeling that another dress will tickle your fancy.
Keep us reported.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
30-08-2013
front row

Will do ! My appointment was actually moved to the 16th as the designer/owner wanted to meet me directly to quicken the process, but they are making me feel a bit anxious with how stressed they are I think I don't understand how long of a process creating 6 dresses is..
Edit: my colour scheme also evolved as I found the most perfect shoes in Raspberry

Last edited by EvaH; 30-08-2013 at 03:11 PM.
19-09-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaH View Post
Will do ! My appointment was actually moved to the 16th as the designer/owner wanted to meet me directly to quicken the process, but they are making me feel a bit anxious with how stressed they are I think I don't understand how long of a process creating 6 dresses is..
Edit: my colour scheme also evolved as I found the most perfect shoes in Raspberry
How did your appointment go?

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
How did your appointment go?
Sadly I am still not back to the UK thus had to reschedule my appointment to the 14th of October. I will keep you all posted
I have an even more clearer picture of what I want and would love to mix the silhouette of that design above with the detail, draping and fabric of a Reem Accra dress I stumbled upon while looking for a wedding planner

front row

I just came back from the appointment. I was there from roughly 3.30pm to 6.30pm I think we tried 15 dresses or so. It was an interesting process because before entering the shop I knew exactly what I wanted but after trying the option on it didn't feel right at all. That's when the fun begun: we tried every style under the moon from very very simple dress/clean lines to big princess/prom dresses.

I don't have any pictures of the 2 two dresses I picked in the end - they are from the new collection. However, I will ask her to email me the pictures she took of me trying them so you can see! In the end I also decided to get a veil it just felt right. I can't wait for the wedding !!

This is so exciting I couldn't recommend Phillipa Lepley more. She is a star and all the members of her team are lovely

fashion insider

Wonderful! Sounds you've had a lot of fun and found some perfect dresses. Very curious how they look like!!! A great expercience, happy for you.

front row

I don't have a picture of the wedding gown as it belongs to the new collection and she hasn't done a shoot yet. I can't share the pictures she took of me etc but she sent me a copy of the bridesmaids dresses and the reception gown. The wedding gown is actually a modified (and much much more gorgeous) version of this dress. It is going to be altered a lot (cap sleeves still but different material and we will add some sparkles either diamonds/swaroski crystal or pearls), the will also modify the front/upper part of the bodice, the silhouette is still exactly the same and there are those layers albeit in a different fabric. Oh and I will also have a veil which is 3/4 to a 1/2 embroided. The juxtaposition of the veil and the train is absolutely gorgeous . I am in love with my dress

The bridesmaid dress will be altered - we are thinking of adding of a red stash during the day & crystal belt for the evening, we might also shorten the ties - it all depends on how the dress actually look on the girls as it is already ! The colour will be a rich cobalt/royal blue.

We will not be altering the wedding reception gown too much as it really looked amazing as it was. We will probably just shorten the train and have a bit of fun with the lining (I want to at least add our moto + wedding date + initials )Oh and I won't be wearing the cover up of course

The jewellery stay the same and I might add a bracelet for the evening, we will see.

Since all the dress are custom made, I have free reign on fabric and colors. I am leaning toward an off white for now (cream and the like looked positively horrendous with my skin tone )

I am completely lost for the shoes, especially for the bridesmaids as I don't think the Choo will work, still trying to find something off the rack. I just want them red, not too high, very simple, clean lines, elegant and practical. I realised too much embroideries might just look unfortunate and get stuck in fabric. We never know ! I want something simpler and cleaner for them.
My shoes will be custom made no idea what to go for except that they must be crimson red color. First appointment on the 6th with the designer - uber excited She said the process should take at least 6 months for each pair though

/ end of my rambling, I am just so happy I can't help it

fashion insider

Gorgeous dress already in the pic, curious for the end result, sounds awesome and happy your in love with your dress as it should be!
I like the bridesmaid dress very much, very elegant. Why the color red? Some special meaning?
The wedding reception dress looks indeed amazing, regal! You've got great taste!

I have to say I love my Jimmy Choo vamp sandals, mine are in nude but a red version would be gorgeous, but they don't sell a red version at the moment unfortenately.

I love it that you're feeling so happy in this whole process of preparing for your wedding. Enjoy it to the max!

front row

All of that sounds so lovely, Eva, and you do sound happy! I'm so excited for you

18-10-2013
trendsetter

All the dresses are so beautiful, Eva!

18-10-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post

I have to say I love my Jimmy Choo vamp sandals, mine are in nude but a red version would be gorgeous, but they don't sell a red version at the moment unfortenately.
i have thought about getting the vamp sandals as well except in silver. how are they for walking around? i'm afraid i will fall over while walking in them.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wear, wedding