How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-06-2003
Mannikin

I just don't know why I wanna wear wedding trousers! I know it's suppose to be one of the most important days of your life and you should look faboulous but I just can't imagine myself wearing a wedding dress?!
I don't know why?When I gow to a party or gala I always prefer a dress over pantsuits so I don't know? Except one time I attended a black tie ball and instead of a dress I wore this Mcqueen pantsuit open shirt all the way and my were the heads turned, I stood out!

21-06-2003
V.I.P.

I'm a total suit person myself. I wouldn't mind wearing a Hedi Slimane suit during the reception, but at the actual ceremony, I have to wear a dress. Instead of white , mine's going to be a light grey.

21-06-2003
Mannikin

Me too! It's like there's an unofficial rule you have to wear a dress on the actual ceremony!

21-06-2003
Mannikin

If, and I mean if, I will wear a wedding dress it would be these ones from Chanel Spring '03 and Ungaro couture Spring '03. It looks over-the-top but you have to see me wear them I think I can pull it off.

Also this one from Ungaro couture Spring '02 is another one I want If wear it I will get a dark tan and loose the chignon. The YSL haute couture is simple I can wear it with a pnytail and be off.

21-06-2003
Mannikin

I think among all I posted this one is the best. A simple duchese satin strapless white gown with a veil going around the body.
Simple and elegant. Jean Paul Gaultier couture Spring/Summer '01

22-06-2003
rising star

I love that one, ignitioned!
Very elegant..

23-06-2003
Mannikin

Thanks, Julie!

23-06-2003
windowshopping

of the pictures posted, i favor the first BM gown, however i'd prefer it with less cleavage. my favorite gown of all time is the one i wore on my wedding day. it was designed and made at a local (L.A.) dress shop called Mon Atelier. simply gorgeous!

16-08-2003
windowshopping

I went for something completely different - the skirt also had a black satin edging which meant that I could wear black satin shoes. I chose to wear ballroom dancing shoes, almost as comfortable as runners. The top is separate to the skirt (which is so big it stands on its own) and looks quite good when worn with a black skirt.

My bridesmaids wore black with silver embroidery on teh bodices of their outfits - now THAT was a challenge. One is thin with a DD bust and the other is flat-chested and was 6 months pregnant at the time!

16-08-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by ignitioned32@Jun 21st, 2003 - 4:48 am
I think among all I posted this one is the best. A simple duchese satin strapless white gown with a veil going around the body.
Simple and elegant. Jean Paul Gaultier couture Spring/Summer '01
gaultier dos the ebst weding dresses !

22-08-2003
Day Dreaming

since I started working w/ my bf @ wedding.. I personally have decided that I do not what a pouffy dress.. something elegant and simple! yet a bit of sex appeal!

The poor brides feel so uncomfortable, hot and tired of wearing something heavy!

22-08-2003
V.I.P.

If I ever do get married, I picture myself in a simple setting--like my parents' backyard--wearing a simple but beautiful couture dress...it needn't be a "wedding gown" per se...something like this Valentino:

Or even this Oscar de la Renta RTW:

22-08-2003
Day Dreaming

CAT those are beautiful.. you just gave me some ideas!

22-08-2003
ingenue

astrid's pics are my favourites I would easily wear the herrera, theyskens, or vintage balenciaga. I normally don't like strapless wedding gowns, but the theyskens wins me over.
I also love igni's ysl haute couture...I've always had a thing for long sleeved wedding gowns, like the gowns grace kelly and princess anne got married in.

22-08-2003
rising star

Love your pics Catherine-Marie, especially the Valentino!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wear, wedding