How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-08-2003
tfs star

I love the simple dresses

creation from Romona Keveza

From Liancarlo.

Casablanca Bridal

22-08-2003
Day Dreaming

Welcome Josefine

You're from Ltr.. Nice to have you here

22-08-2003
tfs star

here are some royal gown maybe something you like

wedding of Crown Prince Haakon and Mette-Marit

a lot more pictures here of the wedding with all the guests and glitter

22-08-2003
tfs star

Quote:
Originally posted by *AndoraStar*@Aug 22nd, 2003 - 1:48 pm
Welcome Josefine

You're from Lts.. Nice to have you here
thank you for the welcomme

22-08-2003
tfs star

crown prince William-Alexander & Maxima

and you talked about princess Grace and princess anne

Here are more pictures

princess Anne

23-08-2003
ingenue

thanks for those gorgeous pics, josefine, and welcome to tfs. the romona keveza gown and crown princess maxima's, as well as grace and anne's gowns are just stunning. so minimal, unfussy, and elegant.

24-08-2003
Mannikin

The dresses of those royalties have nice trains.

13-09-2003
tfs star

Prince Emanuele Filiberto will be getting married to his girlfriend, the French actress, Clotilde Courau.

Clotilde is about 5 months pregnant now
According to OH LA! Emanuele Filiberto and Clotilde will be married in Rome on 25th of September

Polfoto 23-05-2003 French actress Clotilde Courau arrives at the palais des festivals to attend the screening of "Mystic river" by US director and actor Clint Eastwood during the 56th Cannes film festival 23 May 2003. The film is in competition for the Golden Palm.

more info here

any idees for a wedding gown, she is 5 months pregnant now

09-05-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

Wedding attire thread
Alright, so my old boss (who was more of a friend than a boss. She was technically only my boss for two weeks before she quit) is getting married in August. Some work people are going to be there including my cousin who I am in a slight feud with. Anyway regardless I want to look AMAZING. I've been looking left and right for a dress but can't seem to find THE ONE. I'm looking for either something fullskirted, or something drop-waisted, or possibly a DVF wrap dress (because I think it's classic).
I've always loved the style of this Narciso dress but my concern is the money (because I'm working part time and my mother refuses to help me fund university). I think I could afford it though and by the time I get a shoes and a bag to match another cheaper dress I'm thinking the price would come out just slightly under if I went to a cheaper dress. Anyway enough talk.
Here's the dress:

*removed dead links*

My two concerns (besides money): that my chest would look too full and that this dress is too sexy for a wedding? I don't know these things. I've never been to the wedding of a person around my age before. I put my faith in tfs to give me their opinion and if not this dress, give me suggestions! I've looked everywhere online (nowhere in my city, and i've already looked at vintage in London for something fullskirted and came up with nothing).
Sorry for all the talk

Last edited by tangerine; 23-05-2006 at 01:18 PM. Reason: removed dead links

09-05-2004
V.I.P.

it's very nice.

you can also wear it anytime after.

09-05-2004
V.I.P.

this one by diane von f. is very nice as well. and a little cheaper. but it's defineatly not as tailored as the previous one.

but since it's in august perhaps something lighter maybe more appropriate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg black.jpg (15.5 KB, 4 views)

09-05-2004
etre soi-meme

i love your choice mehg but i share your hesitation regarding the chest issue

personally i wouldnt wear black in a wedding, much more in August

09-05-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

well i'm a big black wearer (I prefer to add colorful accessories). The only full skirted dress I found that I liked was this Tracy & Michael slip dress with petticoat. However i'm not crazy about the fabric.

I'm thinking I might email net-a-porter and ask about the chest thing. I really do love that Narciso but I want to find a dress I'll look good in and that has longevity.

eta: I would most definately rip that corsage off and add one of my own that I liked better.

09-05-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@May 9th, 2004 - 2:51 am
i love your choice mehg but i share your hesitation regarding the chest issue

personally i wouldnt wear black in a wedding, much more in August
I agree. It's a bit too sexy in the chest area and you don't want to look sexier than the bride. Remember the person's grandmother will be there so you want tone it down a notch. I don't think you should wear black to a wedding. I know the rules are changing and black is more widely accepted but some people can be really conservative about these things so you want to play it safe. I got invited to a friend's wedding for the first time last year and almost every other girl wore a black dress. You're going to be invited to a lot of weddings in your lifetime so it's worthwhile to invest in a dress that is a bit more wedding appropriate.

09-05-2004
Proponent of Plaid

Don't wear black to a wedding. Just don't. I know some people sometimes do, but most people still think it is kind of rude and disrespectful. It looks ominious.

It is also considered kind of rude to wear red to a wedding--too attention-getting.

It is okay to wear black or red as part of a print or trim of a dress, but it really shouldn't be the dominant color.

I would suggest a simple sheath dress, sleeveless or with cap sleeves. Choose linen or a light-weave silk for comfort in August. This is the perfect opportunity to invest in a great hat. Hats are traditionally worn at weddings, and you can indulge your desire for something eye-catching in that way, rather than wearing a sexy dress.

Honestly, check out Talbot's, Ann Taylor and J. Crew. They have some great sheath-type dresses this year, and the prices, while way too high for me, are pretty reasonable in the grand scheme of clothing prices, and the styles are classic.

This dress might be a good choice. It looks comfortable and could be worn for many other occasions.

This one, from Talbot's is simply adorable. I may copy this one for myself!

This is very wedding-y and the green color is lovely.

Kind of a 1950s vibe from this one. Perfectly summery in every possible way. Same style, different fabric.

Applique trimmed sheath dress. Also very wedding-y.

Graceful silk dress.

Silk dress with wrap. Beautiful print!

Very swingy! This would wear extremely well while dancing at the reception.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wear, wedding