What to wear to your own wedding - Page 53 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
07-02-2008
V.I.P.

^ I like that idea, because then you can wear it again. A traditional bridal gown can be worn more than once, but only by different people

Even when people wear their bridal shoes, you can usually tell because they're so dead white ... it just goes against the grain for me that traditional wedding clothes are so single-purpose!

07-02-2008
Hell on Heels

i also should mention my LOATHE for horrid super white ugly shaped traditional wedding shoes (eg the ones you see in bridal-attire stores)
i think it goes just like the dress... for once that it's considered ''normal'' to spend that much money on an 'outfit', gimme the most expensive louboutins ever, not a fugly pair of super white satin (they're usually satn, arent they?) shoes!

08-02-2008
front row

Thanks concretegirrl!

I'm definitely wearing shoes I can wear again (possibly even ones I've worn before, lol). It would be so not like me to wear those generic bridal shoes. I'm considering silver shoes to match the sparkly stuff on the dress.

Or maybe red because I love red and my bridesmaids are going to have red dresses but I'll have to see how it goes with the ivory.

08-02-2008
V.I.P.

Just wanted to mention that I saw a couple things in Vera's collection that would work for a wedding in my book ...

15-02-2008
tfs star

Hey - I just got engaged and need some ideas for my wedding dress. Im 6ft, slim, dark haired and want something thats not too white or too lacey! Simple but elegant. Ivory but maybe with a splash of color. got any ideas for me?

15-02-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by litchickuk View Post
Hey - I just got engaged and need some ideas for my wedding dress. Im 6ft, slim, dark haired and want something thats not too white or too lacey! Simple but elegant. Ivory but maybe with a splash of color. got any ideas for me?
hey im 6ft, slim, dark haired too and have preference for a sleek elegant style dress! hahaha you and i seem to have a lot in common, we'll have to see what kind of dresses others suggest for girls like us!

15-02-2008
scenester

Meg, I agree too. Anything I've seen designed specifically for brides has left me cold. Many of the dresses don't seem to have any flow in them.

What do you all think of this dress by Roksanda Ilincic as a wedding dress? I think it's gorgeous and the yellow makes it that bit unusual but I'd like to hear what others think! I was thinking that bridesmaids' dresses in inky-blue silk would go nicely with it!

pic from style.com

20-02-2008
downtown girl uptown life

I like a flash of color. I think it's modern and keeps things from being too serious.

I just ordered this as my possible wedding gown...we'll see how it looks on me.

pics: Saks
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 2.png (50.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png Picture 3.png (47.2 KB, 2 views)

20-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozenges62 View Post
Meg, I agree too. Anything I've seen designed specifically for brides has left me cold. Many of the dresses don't seem to have any flow in them.

What do you all think of this dress by Roksanda Ilincic as a wedding dress? I think it's gorgeous and the yellow makes it that bit unusual but I'd like to hear what others think! I was thinking that bridesmaids' dresses in inky-blue silk would go nicely with it!

pic from style.com
Oooh, I like it quite a lot ...

23-02-2008
fashion elite

Oh, Jetset, I love that... It is very pretty...

23-02-2008

Yay! Thanks for weighing in! That means a lot coming from you. You've got such great style. I also like the Roksanda dress posted above. I'm trying to find out where I might be able to find it in the States...

23-02-2008
fashion elite

Oh, thank you

I am in love with this Phillip Lim dress, but I am single, so there is no wedding in sight for me... At the moment at least. :p

The one you postet is very nice, and it involves the weddingdress and something blue, that's fun! Which shoes do you consider?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 351d_1.jpg (22.1 KB, 16 views)

23-02-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSetGo! View Post
I like a flash of color. I think it's modern and keeps things from being too serious.

I just ordered this as my possible wedding gown...we'll see how it looks on me.

pics: Saks
That dress is GORGEOUS! I've been looking for a possible wedding dress w/a touch of blue in it, too.

23-02-2008

Thanks so much for the feedback ns424. Maybe we'll both get married in the same dress!

Caroule That dress is stunning. Your day will come!
I love the idea that my "something blue" is taken care of! what fun!!!!
These are the shoes I'm considering... They are Zanotti. I might try to find them today to try them on.

pic: intermix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 2.jpg (48.6 KB, 15 views)

23-02-2008
Empire State of Mind

JetSet, I really like the idea of a not entirely white dress. It's very unique and I like the shade of blue. I could never pull it off because I'm too short but I'm sure it will look fab on you. Feel free to post the other cadidates and we'll help you decide

caroule, I'm also single and not going to marry any time soon but I also love the Phillip Lim dress.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wear, wedding