What Is Your Main Deciding Factor When You Purchase Jeans - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-06-2004
V.I.P.

What Is Your Main Deciding Factor When You Purchase Jeans
I think mine would definitely be the way the jeans are washed, I really can't stand Blueish blue jeans. The coloring has to be just right. After that, they must be flattering to me. Who wants a nasty looking butt because of jeans? Wasted gym hours (Well, not really wasted. Working out has wonderful health benefits. But you get my point.)

[Edit: Sorry, the title got messed up because it was too long ]

23-06-2004
Fierce Flava

Fine is that flattering factor. It has to look good on me first, if not forget it. Don't care if its designer or whatever, if it doesn't look good whats the point? Next is the wash of the jeans. I love interesting washes and thats what gets my attention and makes me want to try the jean in the first place.

23-06-2004
within an embrace

First for me is how flattering it is - I don't usually find jeans to be that uncomfortable, as I don't get the style that absolutely STICKS to your legs, but rather as long as they fit my thighs and hips and look good, I'm fine with them. Secondly is probably the wash, as well, because I wouldn't necessarily wear a pair of stone-washed jeans or jeans with two giant white circles under the butt-cheeks like I saw one girl have hers...

23-06-2004
Soviet Camaro

I won't try them on unless I like the color and the wash, but I won't buy them unless they fit well.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by tangerine@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 8:47 pm
I won't try them on unless I like the color and the wash, but I won't buy them unless they fit well.
Same for me

23-06-2004
V.I.P.

A ton of different factors, that's why they can such a pain to shop for. Firstly, I refuse to wear anything that is either overly dark or fakely distressed. No trashy beading, cutting, zig-zagged seams or extras to the jean itself. It must fit well, be simply cut and comfortable, of course. I want a jean that is well-fitted to my body, but not horribly skin tight. After all, I have to be able to move in the things as well. Oh, and since I pretty much wear jeans on an everyday basis, they need to feel like they're mine the minute I put them on. The one thing that I will concede slightly on is the price. Although I'm not going to buy a pair of $1000 jeans, my last pair that I bought myself were around $85. Which is a lot for me, for a number of reasons...
Thus ends my spiel.

23-06-2004
kabhi alvida

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jun 24th, 2004 - 3:16 am
A ton of different factors, that's why they can such a pain to shop for. Firstly, I refuse to wear anything that is either overly dark or fakely distressed. No trashy beading, cutting, zig-zagged seams or extras to the jean itself. It must fit well, be simply cut and comfortable, of course. I want a jean that is well-fitted to my body, but not horribly skin tight. After all, I have to be able to move in the things as well. Oh, and since I pretty much wear jeans on an everyday basis, they need to feel like they're mine the minute I put them on....
I agree with Purple. I like distressed but not that sort of fake, painted on distressed that does not look natural at all-seven's sort of distressed basically. But I am ashamed to admit I would spend way more on jeans than anything else-it is the one area of my wardrobe where nothing is high street, but I figure since I wear them so much they're worth it. Jeans, handbags, shoes and skinny lattes are where all my cash goes.

backstage pass

Fit and flattery. It has to look good but I shouldn't have to suck it in to do them up. I actually like the really dark, virgin wash jeans. That way I can break them in over time. I hate those washes that make the jeans look permanently dirty.

23-06-2004
offline.

If they can be altered to make them shorter and still look good.

24-06-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

Designer - I've only bought Marithe & Francois Girbaud jeans since Kit reccomended them...I have a few old Dolce & Gabbana and Moschino pairs as well...I chose them for their kind of sixties-polyester-dance-trousers-a-la-John-Travolta cut...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by chocsta+Jun 24th, 2004 - 3:15 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chocsta @ Jun 24th, 2004 - 3:15 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tangerine@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 8:47 pm
Same for me [/b][/quote]
Same here.
never will buy jeans from zara (a.k.a Do it yourself castration kit, ouch )

24-06-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

Quote:
Originally posted by ahhGucci+Jun 24th, 2004 - 5:12 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ahhGucci @ Jun 24th, 2004 - 5:12 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by chocsta@Jun 24th, 2004 - 3:15 am
<!--QuoteBegin-tangerine
Quote:
@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 8:47 pm

Same for me
Same here.
never will buy jeans from zara (a.k.a Do it yourself castration kit, ouch ) [/b][/quote]
Try Levi's 501 Girl's California Slims... - 28" waist...about a 4" fork

rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by chocsta+Jun 23rd, 2004 - 9:15 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chocsta @ Jun 23rd, 2004 - 9:15 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tangerine@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 8:47 pm
Same for me [/b][/quote]
me too!

24-06-2004
backstage pass

Everything is a factor in selecting jeans, but #1 for me is comfort.

25-06-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jun 24th, 2004 - 4:56 am
Designer - I've only bought Marithe & Francois Girbaud jeans since Kit reccomended them...I have a few old Dolce & Gabbana and Moschino pairs as well...I chose them for their kind of sixties-polyester-dance-trousers-a-la-John-Travolta cut...
*jealous*

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
deciding, factor, jeans, main, purchase