How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-02-2006
V.I.P.

it would help if you had a pic- or had a pic of someone with very similar coloring (sans makeup)

19-02-2006
V.I.P.

Winter

V.I.P.

Autumn

V.I.P.

Spring

V.I.P.

Summer

front row

I think that I most resemble Top Model Eva Pigford. Our skins tones are the exact same and our dair is the same cut but mine is alittle more on the reddish brown side than this picture. I have medium brown eyes. What season am I?
ep08.jpg

19-02-2006
V.I.P.

you are a winter. Though your skin has reddish tones, it has a cool undertone, so you will look best in very dark jewel tones and brights. Black, deep blue/purple, navy, hot pink, ruby red, emerald green should all look good on you. Avoid yellow and orange, as well as cream and camel

front row

wow stilletogirl thanx so much..but that kinda depresses me for the other seasons...cuz I don't get to wear white? What would happen if I changed my hair color for the warmer seasons...right now I am thinking about going alittle more brown for the spring ..what would I be then

19-02-2006
V.I.P.

you are always the same season- and you can wear white- pure white, just not off white. No matter what color you dye your hair or tan or whatever, you will still be the same season- those I listed aren't the only colors you can wear, they are simply some of the best

V.I.P.

bump

21-02-2006
V.I.P.

Thanks, sitlettogirl for posting those images and the infor about the book.

I'ts mostly about skin tone ... with hair and eye color a much smaller factor.

I learned years ago that I am clearly a "winter" and it makes perfect sense. MY skin is pale with very pinkish undertones (also considered a "cool" skintone), my eyes are light hazel, and my natural hair color medium brown.

So ... I look horrible in orange and yellow;beiges are like death warmed over on me. I look best in red when it's on the cool side (blue reds, rather than orange reds). My best colors are: bright electric blue, magenta, burgundy, forrest green, rich purples ... anything dark or bright that has an uderlying blue tone that flatters the pink in my skin. I prefer silver and white gold jewelry ... just looks better on my pink skin ... and I like pure white over off whites ... also looks better against my skin. Black around my face works for me , too ... where it doesn't look quite as good on a couple of the seasons.

Of course ... I look good in the two "magic" colors, as I call them .... coral and tourquise ... they sort of split the difference and have both cool and warm colors mixed together so they are universally flattering. These two colors can be worn by any season and by both very pale skinned people and women of color.

21-02-2006
backstage pass

^ What Not To Wear (Trinny Woodall & Suzanne -- or is it Suzannah) also have a great book out that helps you out with colours.

i'm Caramel coloured.. but although everyone tries to peg me as having golden or warm undertones, i'm really rather olive undertoned.. which means i look like a lump of poo if i wear warm browns or olives or gold. i'm a 'winter' really - but like most people - i'm more of a middle-person --- some colours in the winter (ie. cold and bright) palette suit me and some in the summer (ie. cool and a bit more subdued) palette suit me.

So - i usually break it down to this:

1) do you look best with Silver or Gold jewellry?

2a) if silver - then you look best in colours that flatter a cooler tone.
2b) do you look better in bright sharp colours: like a really bright COLD dark purple or fuschia or cold dark emerald and so on? ---- then you're more 'Winter' colour = you look best in black, charcoal greys, stark white and bright colours.
2c) if these colours ^ make you look washed out or ill.. then you're better off with the subdued COOL colours... like lavender, or cool pinks or cooler blues. i think this means you're a 'Summer'

Either Summer or Winter look truly horrid in most warm browns... but can carry off a dark bitter chocolate brown.

3) if you look best in gold - then warmer tones are better for you.
Since i'm not warm toned, i didn't get into this.. but it follows the same sort of principle as cold tones. Ie: either you can work with brighter warmer colour or you are better off with more subdued colours - in the warm tone.

-

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilettogirl84
the whole concept is based on this early eighties book- which is, though dated- still true, and has been very helpful for me in developing my wardrobe

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...nDate&n=283155
hello, stilettogirl84:
i find on the net, mayb u will like this
http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/dress/dress5.html

08-12-2006
rising star

IMO the best book about colouring is:

'Color me a season' by Bernice Kentner (a bit difficult to find as it has been published in 1978)

This is the only book (and I have read loads about the sujbect!) that didn't confuse me (like the CMB ones) and helped me finding my colours. Some of us are not of the obvious type (believe it or not I have a 'warm' skin and 'cool' hair!). I finally found my colours by elimination and by focusing on the colours I was attracted to. The best thing is to test and try and see how the colour enhances your skin and eyes (or not) -never the hair!

Last edited by gardenpea; 08-12-2006 at 11:43 AM.
08-12-2006
seagreen serenades

i'm definitely winter, and thankfully those dark and jewelly colours are also my favourites.. since i can't even stand near pale colours or yellows and oranges without looking off.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
color