How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-12-2006
tfs star

I actually can't see it for myself..
I always use ''sand'' color foundation because that fits best
I have a red undertone I think
and brown eyes..not dark..but not hazel also
can anyone tell me which season I am?

08-12-2006
windowshopping

I'm medium brown skinned African American woman with what I would call a neutral complexion (mostly pink but some yellow undertones). I can pretty much wear any color season but I feel best in jewel toned colors (purple, navy blue and red). Makeup wise I can wear cool (pink, purple, gray) or warm (gold, browns, red) just I like to complement my makeup with whatever clothing I have on that day.

V.I.P.

my mee-maw (grandma) said something the other day that I thought was a good rule of thumb. If you don't feel good wearing the color, then it's probably not your color. I mean I feel great when I wear nice purples or blues (from aqua - cobalt). And we both agreed we didn't feel good wearing browns close to our face (tops.. anywhere else is okay).

trendsetter

I've been told I'm a winter, but I feel like I can wear just about any color. I usually might wear a berry-red lip color, but sometimes I wear orange too and I look fine.

I have very dark hair and pale skin. I think rich violet clothing probably makes me look the best, and more pale. Ironically, when I don't look fair my cheeks get washed out.

For me it's just an option. Warm colors don't make me look bad, they just change my whole aura. I can wear green clothes really well, but it doesn't usually suit my personality.

I wish I could wear more neutrals. They just make me look bad.

Last edited by pavement; 09-12-2006 at 12:25 AM.
13-12-2006
scenester

Picking the right color for my Skin Tone
Hello girls and boys!

I need some fashion advice. When it comes to picking clothes, I am horrible at it. My skin tone is the same as Oprah (only person I can think of right now ha). So my question is what color is good for my skin tone? I have been told that black and brown isn’t. Some have suggested that I wear more purple. So please share your opinions. Thanks!

13-12-2006
Brooklyn, baby!

Yes, I think purple would look great on you! Really rich colors like purple, forest green, indigo blue. You're so lucky to have that skin tone. My best friend does as well, and the colors really 'pop' on her!

13-12-2006
fashion insider

if you find out what kind of skin tone you have, then there are tons of info out there regarding what color looks good on you and what colors don't.
I think the hard part is finding out your correct skin tone. Some places use warm/cold, other places use seasons (spring/summer/autumn/winter) and other do stuff like yellow/rose. I am very confused by all this and still don't know whether my skin tone is warm or cold.

13-12-2006
scenester

am I warm or cold?

13-12-2006
trendsetter

^lol kinda like me i have black-brown hair, pale skin and med-lite brown eyes and i like purple tooo XD
I can wear most winter clothes, some summer clothes while i can wear most Winter/Summer/Spring maleup....
i think....

Last edited by jjbunny79; 13-12-2006 at 11:24 PM.
14-12-2006
tfs star

I'm a dark-skinned black woman (coloring similar to Naomi Campbell, Gabrielle Union, Oprah Winfrey, etc). My hair and eyes are black. I have no idea if I'm cool, warm, winter, summer, autumn, or spring. Frankly, the categories have always confused me.

I look best in slate blue (muted bluish-gray), rust, burgundy/maroon, and navy.

Gold jewelry is ok, but bronze and silver are better. Can't wear yellow unless it's mustard/saffron/honey. Orange is best when it's burnt. Most shades of green look good, from forest to grass. I look amazing in fuschia, but I usually only buy it in lingerie because it doesn't match my wardrobe. Pastels are generally a no-no (but some shades of pink and lilac are nice). Beige, taupe, and khaki are blah blah BLAHHHHH. True primary colors simply don't work.

Anyone know what this means?

Last edited by WheresMyUmbrella; 14-12-2006 at 12:23 AM.
14-12-2006
trendsetter

Does anyone know what colours I would be best in? And which season I am? I have (natural) blonde hair, not really any red/orange undertones, quite pale but my skin has a yellowy undertone rather than pink, although its sort of pink too. And grey blue eyes.

14-12-2006
V.I.P.

umbrella- I have no idea I'd really have to see a picture of you to tell at all, and this being the internet- you can't go around giving pictures of yourself to random people...

but Cheap&Chic you sound like a summer- a lot of white british girls are-

pinks and blues and mint green and gray are all colors that would suit a summer. if you look really bad in orange and yellow, that's probably the season you'd fit into

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilettogirl84
umbrella- I have no idea I'd really have to see a picture of you to tell at all, and this being the internet- you can't go around giving pictures of yourself to random people...

but Cheap&Chic you sound like a summer- a lot of white british girls are-

pinks and blues and mint green and gray are all colors that would suit a summer. if you look really bad in orange and yellow, that's probably the season you'd fit into
do you know about me also?
I've posted the last post on the previous page

14-12-2006
V.I.P.

give me more info- are there any colors you think you look bad in? that helps narrow it down.

any that really look good on you?

front row

maybe you guys can help me. i have very dark reddish brown hair (which looks black if not in bright light), brown eyes, and pale skin...very very pale skin! there's no undertones whatsoever! most of the time people have either rosy or yellow/golden or olive undertones right and that helps determine what season you are? but what about me? if i had to pick an undertone that describes my skin i would have to say almost blue or silvery. sounds awful, doesn't it? my skin is seriously flat white, like interior house paint! so what season am I then? winter? help!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
color