How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-01-2007
rising star

can anyone help me figure out which season i am?

i have dark chocolate brown hair, green eyes and very fair skin.

i look best in black, dark brown, red and green.

- Coco Chanel

29-01-2007
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresMyUmbrella
I'm a dark-skinned black woman (coloring similar to Naomi Campbell, Gabrielle Union, Oprah Winfrey, etc). My hair and eyes are black. I have no idea if I'm cool, warm, winter, summer, autumn, or spring. Frankly, the categories have always confused me.

I look best in slate blue (muted bluish-gray), rust, burgundy/maroon, and navy.

Gold jewelry is ok, but bronze and silver are better. Can't wear yellow unless it's mustard/saffron/honey. Orange is best when it's burnt. Most shades of green look good, from forest to grass. I look amazing in fuschia, but I usually only buy it in lingerie because it doesn't match my wardrobe. Pastels are generally a no-no (but some shades of pink and lilac are nice). Beige, taupe, and khaki are blah blah BLAHHHHH. True primary colors simply don't work.

Anyone know what this means?
In general, if you have black skin, you're a Winter. (There are some exceptions, but this is probably 95% true at least.) The fact that fuchsia is a good color on you would point to this.

One thing to bear in mind about CMB is that she "coordinates" the color palettes, leaving out colors that might look good on you, but wouldn't go with the color scheme.

I have kind of unusual coloring & am an Autumn. Chestnut (red-brown) hair, pale pink skin with freckles, brown eyes. Prescriptives calls my skin blue-red (cool).

My Mother is an Autumn as well, and she says her mother (a Winter) dressed her like a tree So she is not a fan of those colors, and really, neither am I. I wore them for awhile, and am kind of "over" them ... I do wear black despite what CMB says. It becomes a less friendly color as you get older, perhaps especially if it wasn't "your" color in the first place.

The major colors I really like and are good on me that CMB does not recommend are dusty pink, eggplant and other purples, and a muted robin's egg blue that I wore a lot in years past.

One of the difficulties with CMB of course is that there are whole seasons when "Autumn" colors are basically out. Then you gotta have a plan B

29-01-2007
trendsetter

I don't really get this. I mean I get the concept but I don't know how it works or how people can see what colors work or don't work. I choose things in colors that I like more than what might necessarily look good on me. Maybe I've been going out looking like a fool!

Can anyone tell me what I might be? People tell me sometimes that I am olive undertoned or yellow undertoned but I don't see it. I also like pink and aqua blue and theoretically those colors would be all wrong for a warm colored person like people tell me I am. I really like any colors but I generally wear mostly muted or neutrals, boring I know but they are the easiest to coordinate.

My ancestors are Polish, Russian, and German and my hair is now bleached platinum blonde and ultrashort (Agyness style, or like Mariacarla's was). I am naturally fair but I can tan pretty well, I just avoid that.
TIA!

trendsetter

I'm in between Autumn and Spring

rising star

I have dark-blonde hair, green/blue/grey eyes and "brown" skin. I am norwegian, so my skin is not that brown, but it is darker than the girls in my class. I have always just been wearing grey, red, black and white. So I was thinking that it might be an idea to start wearing some colors. Any help? =)

01-02-2007
fashion insider

What do you guyes think of green on olive skintones with brown hair and eyes? Espcially this one:

Or what kind of green would work better for tanned olive skintones?

I adore green eye makeup, just uncertain with clothes. Need help.

unknown
01-02-2007
fashion insider

I have tanned golden olive skintone with bronw hair and eyes. I want to wear green the coming spring summer, I do not know which shade of green would work the best. I always love green eye makeup on myself, but just very uncertain with clothes? Do you think the above green would work? If not what would work the best? Would really appreciate your help

unknown
01-02-2007
V.I.P.

with warm coloring that green would not be great-

I have similar coloring to you (autumn), and these are greens that suit my skintone

all from bluefly

trendsetter

Brown and vibrant blues, greens, and the occasional purple.

rising star

I think green goes quite well with olive skin tones.

I wear a lot of blues/blacks, but I think white/red probably work best for me. Or so I'm told.

01-02-2007
Bel
front row

White and cool greys.
Dark blue: navy and also not quite navy (the color of my eyes).

01-02-2007
front row

black, navy blue, and deep purple

01-02-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_fashion
What do you guyes think of green on olive skintones with brown hair and eyes? Espcially this one:

Or what kind of green would work better for tanned olive skintones?

I adore green eye makeup, just uncertain with clothes. Need help.
that's a beautiful shirt, i think it will look amazing on your olive skintones. Also, try orange and red tops

my best colors are blue, purple, chocolate brown and green.

front row

I suit red best. Especially a really dark or vibrant red. I also suit purple and forest green. That and black.

02-02-2007
V.I.P.

I feel that there's few colours that look awful on me, but i have darkbrown/black hair and very pale skin, so i cannot (IMO) wear lime green, pale yellow or very pale-pink. I feel that midnightblue, grey, black and purple are the colours that are my "best". I also have too pale skin for orange.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
color