How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-02-2007
rising star

Black, cool red, dusty pink, most shades of blue, most shades of grey.

06-02-2007
rising star

red

?

red and black.

V.I.P.

black makes me look thiner

08-02-2007
scenester

I think they're grey/black and red, I have dark brown hair and tanned skin.

09-02-2007
Power to the 99%

^ Or you could be a Summer ... beige is not going to look good on Summer/Winter, and is often difficult even for Spring/Autumn, so no surprise there. "Ice" (pale pastels) are for Winter, because they have more intense coloring. Pale colors *can* wash a pale person out ...

09-02-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta
^ Or you could be a Summer ... beige is not going to look good on Summer/Winter, and is often difficult even for Spring/Autumn, so no surprise there. "Ice" (pale pastels) are for Winter, because they have more intense coloring. Pale colors *can* wash a pale person out ...

true, true

windowshopping

My skin has alot of different tones in it..In some places I'm
yellow,red,brown,light brown and peach. For my skine tone, I like these colors: yellow,green,black,white,grey,navy blue,teal,silver and gold.

I don't like these colors on my skin: pink,red (not really),purple,orange (ew),brown,nude or tan.

11-02-2007
trendsetter

I suggest anyone whose fancy has been struck by this thread buy the book that stilettogirl mentioned "color me beautiful". I did and I brought it to work and it's such a hit. Even the 80's pics. Very interesting and now when we're slow everyone reads it and even the (few) straight men are trying to figure out their colors. It's reallly interesting.

trendsetter

^ talking abt this book (i found it in my school library), does anyone saw "colour me confidence"??? They have new six categories: Clear, Muted, Deep, Light , Warm and Cool.
http://www.mullercolour.co.uk/site/index.html have a consultaion based on the new categories...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta
Yes, I think I might be summer more than winter, as pastels definetily wash me out. I am not the palest of the pale persons, but I do have a very Scandinavian skin tone. I guess I would be categorized as pale although I am not the palest over here.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbunny79
^ talking abt this book (i found it in my school library), does anyone saw "colour me confidence"??? They have new six categories: Clear, Muted, Deep, Light , Warm and Cool.
http://www.mullercolour.co.uk/site/index.html have a consultaion based on the new categories...
^I did that twice and they gave me the same inaccurate results. They told me I was jennifer lopez!

Sometimes I feel like a freak with my coloring. Is it common to have cool hair and warm skin? I'm actually not positive about my hair coloring. It's like a pale brownish black.

I'm mainly of scandinavian descent, so my skin is fair (a pretty warm tone). But my hair just kinda came out of nowhere. I've noticed that olive green makes me look ill. The worst color on me has to be a light steel blue. White isn't my friend either. My best are probably black, violet, crimson red and some shades of green.

Is there a catagory for genetic experiments?

Procrastinator.

I tried that color consultation on the website. It told me I was "muted" like Jessica Simpson, Elle MacPherson and Keira Knightley.

Well, my coloring is not like Jessica or Elle AT ALL, but it's actually pretty similiar to Keira's -- brown hair, hazel eyes (although I think hers might be brown) and pale skin that's somewhere in the middle of pink- and yellow-toned.

For my colors it gave the following:
Quote:
Complementary Colours
any muted, soft, rich, blended colours which are neither too cold nor too warm.
For near to face: dusty rose, aubergine, periwinkle blue, teal, soap green, sage green, air force blue, mustard Neutrals: soft grey, cocoa, charcoal, blue/grey, taupe, camel, khaki Best 'white': oyster white
Difficult Colours to Wear
Bright is your opposite colour so any colours that suit Bright colourings including fuchsia pink, royal blue, scarlet, emerald green.

Source: http://www.mullercolour.co.uk/site/results_muted.html

The "near to face" options I can get with, mostly. As for neutrals, I look washed-out in taupe, camel and khaki, so I don't know where they're getting that from. And I like and wear bright colors and have no plans to stop anytime soon.

Part two of the color consultation is some pop psychology junk about what your favorite color says about you, so I won't bother posting it.

I actually have an old-school copy of "Color Me Beautiful" (I found in the discard pile at the library), so I'll have to dig into it sometime soon. The pictures are retro ridiculousness.

Last edited by HBoogie; 19-02-2007 at 10:29 PM.
19-02-2007
rising star

didn't work for me
I tried the muller link but the results gave me the worst colours for me. Oops...

19-02-2007
fashion elite

it satinks cuz theyu lump all darker complexioned people(hisppanic, indian/pakistani/afro-carib) into one group and claim we all have the same undertones. ugh

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
color