How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-02-2007
rising star

I feel a bit like you, my skin is definitely 'warm' but my hair is 'cool'. Totally feel like a genetic freak. Anyway, I have read other books that focus only on colour of the eyes and skin and it 'works' much much better.

If anyone interested I'll post the name of the book (another retro-cheesy one from the 70's, not the CMB ones).

PAVEMENT: From what you say, one thing is sure is that there's a lot of contrast between your skin and hair, so that bright (not muted) colours should suit you most. And it also seems that 'cold' shades suit you better. For the white, try different shades (they can be very very different ie I can't wear winter whites but i'm fine with Ivory whites).

20-02-2007
rising star

Yes it does sucks, like you can't put every white skin people into one group like you can't do it either with people with different shades of darker or black skin. The colour of your eyes will give a clue. And you need to test and try to see what looks best on you.

20-02-2007
fashion elite

i was thinking of just not entering in my exact complexion--but the undertone instead.

20-02-2007
fashion elite

it worked!! i got muted, which seems somewhat on point.

20-02-2007
rising star

Alright, I have posted a couple pics of me in various stages. Appearance is such a fluid existence. I don't wear much makeup aside from blush, mascara, eyeliner, mainly because I find that makeup doesn't work well for me. I believe it is because I don't have classic features. Small eyes, chubby cheeks, bulbous nose, that sort of thing. I'd really appreciate any input regarding my ideal color scheme. Thanks very much.
I posted these via imageshack....I'm not sure If I'm supposed to mention that.

20-02-2007
fashion elite

i would say that you are cool complexioned--- with a rosy/ruddyiness. i would also suggest chocolate browns, deep blues, bright blues, cool.bright white... maybe corals and certain yellows--- look at kristin cavalleri. she has your complexion.

20-02-2007
rising star

Thank you Gia. I would never have thought so, but it's interesting and it pleases me enormously, as I just bought this blue silk scarf. I'm even more excited to wear it thanks to your comment!

20-02-2007
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
Could someone help me with figuring out what kind of colours suit me the best? I am and look very Scandinavian, I have quite pale skin, blonde hair and blue/grey eyes. I have recently started to pay a lot more attention to what colours suit me, and have noticed that paler colours such as pale blue or beige don't suit me at all, while darker blues and greens seem to look very good. Am I just colour blind or could this be true?
is your hair naturally blonde? if so, is it white blond, golden blonde, or dark blonde. is it brown in the winter? that is pretty important. if your hair is naturally a different color(and childhood does not count) please state.

20-02-2007
V.I.P.

Yes, it's naturally blonde... I'd say golden blonde/mousy blonde.

backstage pass

Am i a winter?

i have dark blue/gray eyes
naturally medium- dark brown hair
pale skin with freckles
(blue viens)
i think i have a similar skintone to Behati P.. i tend to look best in black, gray, and blues... terrible in gold/beige and yellows

Last edited by devon_jay; 20-02-2007 at 08:16 AM.
20-02-2007
V.I.P.

yes you are a winter it sounds like

backstage pass

ok thanks!

20-02-2007
fashion elite

white linen, i think youu are probably neutral-- with a sort of peachy/golden complexion even though its fair. you would look great in tons of different colors. like olive green, pinks, turqoise, some pastels, theonly celebrity i can think of with your coloring is portia rossi.

20-02-2007
V.I.P.

Thanks for the advice!

windowshopping

I looked at those pictures but I'm still iffy about what colours would look good on me.
I have dark brown hair, blue/green/grey eyes, the kind that change to what youre wearing if you get what i mean, and beigeish skin. Its not pale, but not bronze or anything. Just very very neutral.
I dont know if this description was enough, but can you guys help me figure this out?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
color