How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-01-2008
Power to the 99%

bump

23-01-2008
tfs star

I don't know what season I am and I wouldn't stick to my season's colors anyway because I rather wear whatever color I feel like wearing. I do know I have the tendency to look best in colors like red, purple, yellow, emerald/kelly greens and black.

23-01-2008
scenester

I had my colours 'done' my an image consultant not long ago and they were spot on!

I am a Summer flow Spring so I can wear cool, bright colours and a few warm ones like coral.

My favourite colours on me are chocolate brown and navy - luckily they are in my swatch book!

Last edited by ravensWood; 23-01-2008 at 06:56 PM.
23-01-2008
oh! darling

I am a black person. Solids work best and specfically colors in black, black, or black.

It helps me look extra sexy because of my long, straight black hair. Not like Wednesday Addams in any way, shape or form.

V.I.P.

It varies for me. I have an extremely fair skin tone, and in no way shape or form am I exaggerating when I say Snow White is my long lost twin. Burgundy usually works for me, or olive-dark green compliments my eyes which are poopy colour but look lighter if I'm wearing green tones. So, the verdict is: warm, dark tones. I'd say gray too, I guess. However, pastel colours are a huge no no unless it's white. And hey, even if it accentuates the pale skin, you can't really go wrong with black. Ever!

24-01-2008
tfs star

I wear black alot and I like it, but red-oranges look the best on my because I have brown skin with yellow-orange undertones. I also like purples, deep reds, oranges, and olive and dark greens. Most pastels look bad on me.

02-04-2008
backstage pass

Seasons (Which Colours Suit You Best)
I hope this is the right section for this as I think figuring out which colours suit you best is a way of defining your style.

I have my own questions to ask, but seeing as I didn't find a thread on this anywhere else, I might as well involve everyone. What season (combination) are you and how did you find out? If you don't know, what season do you think you are? Why do you think you are that season? Do you believe in the theory that your colouring somehow matches certain personality traits? e.g. I read something about winters tending to be shy.

I have been trying to figure out what season or combination of seasons I am for a long time. I don't have a big mirror in a room where natural light comes in (only a very small mirror in the bathroom where there are no windows as I live in a flat) and I don't know anyone who is very good with colours to judge whether a colour brightens me up or makes me look dull. I do know my colouring, but I tried a quiz and it had so many personality questions that it ended up telling me I was a winter (I don't believe I am). Does anybody know if there is any way to work out your season without buying a big mirror, a load of fabric and finding an expert? Also, preferably without taking personality traits into account. e.g. if everything points to autumn except for my personality I should be an autumn. As far as I know, my clothing doesn't brighten or dull my personality.

02-04-2008
Power to the 99%

^ Here's the thread ...

I definitely don't think you have to be shy to be a Winter After all, the vast majority of the world's population falls into this category ...

I do think that redheads have a tendency to be fiery

If you can find a copy of Color Me Beautiful, it has very clear explanations of skin and eye colors, etc. for each category. However, as previously discussed, its color palettes have limitations. Really I think you're better off working out for yourself your own personal best colors ... which colors do you like on yourself?

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 02-04-2008 at 01:22 PM.

02-04-2008
V.I.P.

i think red suits me
and black.. haha

03-04-2008
front row

Black, Electric Blue, Blood Red, White anything that stands out or pops against my skin tone

04-04-2008
Power to the 99%

Btw, Liza Minelli is a Winter ... would you say she's shy?

05-04-2008
front row

black! of course

front row

royal blue, orange-red, off-white, mint green, forest green. especially royal blue, or even navy or midnight blue.

worst colors: peach or tan. colors close to one's skintone are probably tricky for everyone though.

I have green eyes, dark blonde hair and yellow undertones...

20-04-2008
scenester

white is my best color

20-04-2008
Fleur De Lys

Grey, black, white, and jewel tones (ie. sapphire, amber, deep purple, etc)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
color