How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-12-2004
windowshopping

What's your best color?
so, how can I learn to know what's my bodytype and what colors suit to me the best etc.? I dress so dull; jeans and black,long-sleeved t-shirt usually...but I'm afraid to use colors etc.! if someone can help me with this, I'd be so thankful!

Quote:
note from moderator: merged with later thread of similar subject, entitled What colours suit you best? - can we try to keep the discussion going in that direction? Thanks

Last edited by utopia; 02-01-2005 at 05:40 PM.

25-12-2004
V.I.P.

I'm no expert on this subject, but you just have to find which colors go well with your skin tone and hair.

25-12-2004
V.I.P.

some people think baby blue clothes look good on me but i don't think they do... but alex is def right... you find colors that compliment your skin tone and hair and don't wash you out

25-12-2004
Proponent of Plaid

Your body type won't have much to do with what colors look nice on you, but your complexion, hair color, and eye color will.

Most people fall into either warm or cool tone categories. Warm tones include most reds, orange, brown, greens with yellowish or brownish tones, yellow, cream, gold. Cool tones include blue, purple, greens with blueish tones, most greys, white, and silver. Pinks can go either way, depending if they tone more toward red/coral or lilac/fuschia.

Typically speaking, most brunettes and redheads look best in warm colors, most blondes and black-haired/fair-skinned people look nicer in cool tones. Of course there are many exceptions and variations, but I think a trip into the dressing room with a varied selection of tops in different colors will help you decide what looks best. If at all possible, take a very honest friend along who will help you with constructive commentary on when a color looks good or bad.

26-12-2004
rising star

Black is great on everyone, very versatile too

26-12-2004
V.I.P.

there's a old book called "Color me Beautiful" it may be old but it's basic check it out you can probably find it at your library

01-01-2005
Rebaptising my badness

What colours suit you best?
Kick me in the head if there's already a thread on this, but what colours suit you best - i.e. match your skin tone, flatter your body type, etc.

I started to wear pink on a regular basis since I realised it was flattering to my pale skin. But I'm not too fond of electric pink or any other shocking colours. I also love blue, but it makes me look too anemic. Red is also good but it requires a certain "attitude" that I don't have at the moment.

V.I.P.

Purple perhaps?

01-01-2005
& b

I love all colours, I try to wear them all at once

trendsetter

Neutrals.

White, Black, Grey.

Although I am trying to put brighter colors in my wardrobe.
Maybe some red.

01-01-2005
V.I.P.

Blue, although it's difficult to find things I like in blue.

02-01-2005
windowshopping

pinks, corals, reds...

02-01-2005
backstage pass

Blue (especially navy, but most shades) and red suit me well. Hmmm. Other colors in specific shades look very nice as well, but those two always work. I can't think of another that always works in any shade...

Well, black always suits my lower half...

02-01-2005
trendsetter

Guys, why don't you post your colouring (skin, hair, etc) along with the colours that suit you best.

02-01-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugo
Guys, why don't you post your colouring (skin, hair, etc) along with the colours that suit you best.
Okay. I'll redo my post...

Blue, although it's difficult to find things I like in blue. I have blond hair, blue eyes, and fair skin.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
color