How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-05-2008
rising star

It all depends on the weather and how I feel in morning

A poet looks at the world the way a man looks at a woman.

29-05-2008
rising star

In the morning but im going to start picking out my outfits for the week on sundays

31-05-2008

actually I have changed my mind.. I choose my outfit at night before if I have to go work in the morning - i have to wake pretty early so it easier to choose before. But if I stay home or go later, then I pick my outfit just in the morning.

V.I.P.

its not really a problem, cause i only wear 3-4 outfits with different clothes. i never plan, but if i have an event, i might figure something out the day before. maybe.

01-06-2008
vertebrae by vertebrae

personally, I see clothing/your style as an extension of yourself... I have never really planned outfits (aside from weddings or other special events of course). otherwise, I wake up, rifle through my closet and whatever "feels right" at that moment, I grab it, grab a few other things I am in the mood for that day, put them on and there goes my outfit.

16-06-2008
rock-chic

Unless it is a particular occasion, where I have several ideas/choices in my mind, I usually decide when I am in the shower. Then I make a coffee & start getting things out before making final decision. However, sometimes I obsessively feel I NEED to wear one particular garment & its always at back of cupboard, bottom of drawer or even worse, in the wash basket!

rising star

perhaps a half hour before i leave. it's the last thing i do. i hate to plan outfits overnight; i don't know why, but i simply can't imagine what i'm going to want to wear the next day.

16-06-2008
the crying of humanity

I usually think about my outfit the night before so that I've got an idea of what to wear, but I don't actually pick out specific pieces until the morning when I'm getting dressed. It'd be nice to get through the whole process the night before, but you have to consider factors like weather, something you wouldn't be able to do at that time.

windowshopping

I usually think it threw when I'm going to sleep the night before - I'm not a planning type person I just like to maximise my sleep.

Several factors come into play though - what labels I'm showing, what clients are coming in, what's clean, what I will be doing later that evening.

backstage pass

I usually think about it the night before (kind of come up with a game plan) that way I can add or change when it comes time to get dressed.

17-06-2008
backstage pass

I make up my mind in the morning.

after a shower et al. I chose a soundtrack for my day, then apply my moisturizers & a couple of dabs of rosebud lipsalve whilst staring absentmindedly at my open closet & adjacent moodboard . . something usually catches my attention [shoes / tops] & then I snap out of it & whip an outfit together.
I find spontaneous dressing far more fun.
* plus having a moodboard within sight always helps to inspire.

Last edited by milk_x_honey.; 17-06-2008 at 03:29 PM.
17-06-2008
?

Too late! :p I almost always pull my outfits together right before I have to leave, and more often than not this results in me having no idea what to wear and trying on half of my wardrobe's content.. I think I need to throw out the old and get some new clothes. But I'm much too bored with shopping to want to spend money on clothes right now..

unspecified

usually 20' before i leave, i check out the weather, and then i dress accordingly. unless it's a special ocasion and i think it throughout the previous day or when i'm trying to sleep!

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
18-06-2008
backstage pass

I find that I dress better when I don't put too much thought into it, so I do it in the morning.

But I usually do it twice...The first time is like the second that I wake up. The second time is about 10 minutes later when I actually get up and realize that my first idea was total crap. I've come up with some pretty disturbing outfits in my half asleep state.

Last edited by roisin; 18-06-2008 at 12:09 AM.
18-06-2008
Power to the 99%

Really specifically, I choose right before I put my blush on if I haven't already, because I choose my makeup color scheme based on what I'm wearing ...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
decide, wear