How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-06-2008
the crying of humanity

^ I think the possibility of accidentally smearing makeup on your clothing is another reason why you should choose an outfit beforehand!

20-06-2008
backstage pass

I usually choose my outfit in the morning just before I get in the shower. If I know I will have to rush the next morning or there is something important the next day, I will pick my clothes the evening before.

21-06-2008
front row

Usually the night or day before. I think I'd be in too much of a rush otherwise.

21-06-2008
LOVE

I always choose what I wear the evening before, I pick up everything from underear to necklece, earrings, shoes, shirt, pants, skirt...... and then in the morning (99% of the time) I choose to wear sth absolutely different. I know it´s a waste of time to do it but I love it!

21-06-2008
V.I.P.

Well usually the day/night before, so it's not a bug rush in the morning...but sometimes I'm not that organised

Last edited by Diamond Star; 21-06-2008 at 08:11 AM.
22-06-2008
Aby
V.I.P.

On work days, I plan my outfits the night before so I don't have to rush and stress in the morning.

On week-ends or holidays, just after the shower or a few minutes before going out.

02-07-2008
V.I.P.

litterally 2 mins before i leave house as im rushing out the door half dressed haha

02-07-2008
backstage pass

Like many of you, aside from something that requires a suit, I pick my outfits the morning of. Thankfully, the bulk of my clothes are interchangable colorwise, so I can usually dress with little to no thought involved.

There are times when I have an idea the night before, but it's always subject to change until ~5 minutes before I walk out the door. These thoughts normally revolve around wanting to try to get one more wear (or the first wear in a while) from something season specific. Knits are a good example. The same goes for new purchases. Some are for specific occasions. Other end up worn within a day or two of buying them.

trendsetter

Typically in the morning. But it all depends how early my morning starts. Sometimes when I have time in the evening I'll pull a few things out of the closet.

04-07-2008
rising star

If it's a special occasion, I will plan my outfit a week or two in advance.
On a normal day, I decide the night before.

windowshopping

usually the night before. the next day i usually change it up a little bit, depending on the weather, it decides how many layers and accessories. also depending where i am going and what my mood is that day, and random style icons and inspirations.

Last edited by g0rgiuz; 05-07-2008 at 05:41 PM.
06-07-2008
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
It's never really the same for me. Sometimes I wake up in such a rush that all I can do is try to remember my activities for the day and dress according to them (or not!).. those are usually my favorite outfits :p.. at the risk of sounding pathetic, I tend to be quite surprised to see how I managed to put together such good outfits (in my eyes anyway!) in less than a 3-minute song (I dress with music )..
Other days, I plan and plan while taking a shower, then while eating breakfast and nothing seems to work out in my head.. and nothing works eventually but I still wear it. When that happens.. I can complain all day long to myself about minimal things like 'why am I wearing this scarf and not the scarf that I threw away at the last minute!?'.. and that makes me feel so silly that I decide to plan even more carefully what to wear for the next day so I can avoid such thoughts... and it turns out pretty well.. it's either spontaneous or highly strategic I guess.. I hate hate hate morning crisis.. that's just something I am prepared for with one of two lifesaver outfits but the fact that it is a crisis means that no outfit will cure it until the day is over.
oh my god. this is me talking?!!!!

10-10-2008
backstage pass

Yeah I usually choose my outfit the night before....coz I'm one of those people that constantly press the snooze button on the alarm clock and then ends up rushing around trying to get ready!

fashion icon

Sometimes the night before, when Im bored, procrastinating or tired of doing homeworks its a nice distraction. I create new outfits or try new combinations of how could I wear stuff differently.
Other times in the morning, also depending of the weather, mood, time,etc. When I have a special occasion, I plan it days before so if I need to buy an accessory or something new I have time to do it. Its horrible when you go somewhere special and you feel underdressed or not comfortable with the outfit you picked, even if nobody notice it you feel horrible haha.

10-10-2008
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus_07 View Post
I'm one of those people that constantly press the snooze button on the alarm clock and then ends up rushing around trying to get ready!
haha Im the same I keep pressing it for like a half hour, cause I know it keeps ringing every 5 min. I became immune to the alarm, so I need to put it even earlier so I can get up on time. :p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
decide, wear