How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-05-2013
Power to the 99%

I wear much more than 20% on a regular basis ... probably more 75-80%. Certain heels I find myself not wearing because they require a great deal of effort to walk in due to the weight of the shoe. I also have started working at home more, and dressing up less for work ... but I still dress up for dinner on a regular basis (out, not at home ).

15-05-2013
V.I.P.

but it doesnt say how much of the remaining 80% still has the tag on? or am I the only one guilty of having around 30% of there wardrobe never seeing light of day, unworn and feeling lonely with the tags still on?

11-01-2014
windowshopping

I enjoyed reading this, and I can definitely admit I am one of the shopper's victims. My closet is filled, but I only do wear 20% of it.

11-01-2014
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
This is why I want to clean out my closet but the thing is that although I do not wear them every week or every month I love all of the things in there and will wear them from time to time. It would just be so much easier to get dressed if I only had the things that I will put on any day. Still have not found the solution.
I actually did clean out my closet furtherly. I think I am at a point now where I have been wearing 50% of my clothes on a regular basis (worn at least once over a period of three months). It could still be better I think, but some things like party dresses, stilettos and sandals are just not worn that often

11-01-2014
V.I.P.

The answer for some of us is in the distant cousin of this thread. Just sick loyalty, sort of fatal attraction with a wardrobe's 1%.

windowshopping

The reason we land up using only 20% of our wardrobe as stated in the article is that we shop for garments and shoes thinking we might wear it in future. If our shopping experience is made more valuable and our buying decisions are made around current requirements then such situations would be a lot lesser, we might land up using most of our wardrobe.
Now, knowing what to buy might take some time and research but if we can invest a few hours once in few months and research on whats trending and whats appropriate for each one of us, baring in mind our lifestyle and occupation, before we go make purchases that will help us save unnecessary spending as well as save time and effort.
(To know whats trending you can check out links like: polyvore.com, pinterest.com, stylopa.com, whowhatwear.com, etc.)
If you think you don't have the time just ask a friend/ hire someone for a small fee and it will be a much easier job.
Having said that its a good habit to clean your wardrobe yearly and remove anything you have not worn for a year. In fact, if you haven't worn something for that long you probably never will. You may as well donate it or give it to someone you know who might want to wear it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
20%, people, regularly, wardrobe, wear