How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-02-2006
scenester

"wide body", what to wear?
hi,
I hva a "wide body", I'm thin from the side, but from the front I look "chubby". It's a nightmare getting dressed and buying clothes! It's so horribe when you wanna look really good, and you have the right clothes, but your body looks like a wide child from the front! I could diet forever, but the again you can't diet the bone structure I must also add that I don't have much of the hourglass "bump" where the chest meets the stomach/hips, just a little bit *feels like a man*..
so, any suggestion to what kind of outfits I could ware to make me look slimmer from the front? I use a lot of black, and never horizontal stripes but what more can I do?

Last edited by whatever2; 21-02-2006 at 12:12 PM.

21-02-2006
windowshopping

Do you have any pictures of yourself or a body shape similar to yours to give me a better idea? I'm not getting a visual here.

21-02-2006
scenester

well, not really (haven't seen anyone quite like me).. but I guess it's more of a male like bodyshape... a little like a widescreen version of a female upper body, but thin from the side... a little male like! i just have wide bonestructure kinda.... I'm even confusing myself

21-02-2006
Soviet Camaro

This may sound strange, but I recommend having a really good haircut.

I say this because I dated a woman who I am reminded of by your description of yourself, and while I don't remember her clothes specifically, I remember she had a great haircut that made her look very feminine and sexy.

scenester

thanks for the tip, I already have that one, and a kinda feminie face...

and I DO have hips, their just... wide

21-02-2006
crossed wires.

I'd say assymetrical clothes...or clothes that create a diagonal line across the body. Wrap tops perhaps...chevron skirts, chevron stripes on jackets, V-necks. No horizontal stripes. Perhaps vertical stripes would work in lengthening you and therefore creating the illusion of a narrower body from the front.

Edit: also if you wear trousers that are long enough to brush the floor...lengethening your leg. Nothing thats going to make you look stumpy from the front. Covered midriffs. Perhaps tops with a single line of ruching down the centre. hmm. If I think of more I'll be back

Last edited by fab_fifties_fille; 21-02-2006 at 03:55 PM.
22-02-2006
V.I.P.

Maybe try waist clinching belts? You should check out the ss 06 runways for ideas, fendi and ysl are two that stick out in my mind. Empire waists would help as well I think. I agree with fff about the wrap dresses and tops.

Good luck

22-02-2006
scenester

thank u everybody

03-03-2006
V.I.P.

Take advantage of seaming too. Seaming that V's in at the waist is a slimmer. And a well structured jacket always makes me feel 10 pounds thinner and creates curves in a good way

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
body, wear, wide