How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-11-2004
Hoppity Hop

I only use my gym to swim and I'll spare you what I wear in the pool. To and fro, it's pants and hoodie like LL Cool J in his "Mama Said Knock You Out" video.

16-11-2004
V.I.P.

I don't see the point in trying to look good when working out. But hey that's just me.

If you really want to look half decent when working out, I suggest you pick up Nike outfits. Some of their stuff is formulated so that your sweat is less apparent (it has something to do with the tissue being absorbant and then letting go the sweat.).

Unless it has special "powers" (like the Nike outfits) I suggest you go for something cute and comfy. Don't spend too much on some ridiculously priced stuff because you'll be washing it really often.

17-11-2004
rising star

I usually wear sweatpants with an oversized, baggy tee or sweatpants with a close-fitting tank top at the gym. When I go jogging/running outside (in the park or something) it depends on the weather: sweatpants & sweater when it's cold, sweatpants & tank top when it's warm. And I always wear my black and white Puma sneakers, they're comfy and cute! I don't really care that much about looking good at the gym, but I don't want to look like a total slob or wearing things that look bad on me/don't fit/whatever. That makes me feel uncomfortable.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by NYC_Dreams@Nov 17 2004, 12:49 PM
I don't really care that much about looking good at the gym, but I don't want to look like a total slob or wearing things that look bad on me/don't fit/whatever. That makes me feel uncomfortable.
[snapback]435557[/snapback]
yah this is me too. I was really just curious what people wear. I'm really not the type to wear matching ensembles of anything (ie head to toe one designer) but I do want to look OK. Especially in a class full of people all facing full-length mirrors - it's difficult for it not to cross one's mind.

And hey I'd never say I wasn't shallow

18-11-2004
trendsetter

I wear high heels of course! (Work those calves!)

I'm joking!

I usually try to look decent at the gym because if I don't feel I look good, I won't be motivated enough to "continue" wanting to look good. Does that make sense?

If I worked out in baggy pants and an oversized t-shirt I feel frumpy and sloppy, so then I slack on my workouts.

I wear black dance pants with cargo pockets, sometimes a halter with a little bit of color or I will wear a little girl's tee layered over a bright tank top. I usually put my hair up and tie back with bright barettes and wear my cool striped trainers.

It might seem over the top, but at my gym, all the girls are like this. Velvet suits, silk yoga bags, 300 dollar trainers... *sigh* so I don't really stand out. HAHA.

18-11-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by AmeliaRaitte@Nov 16 2004, 03:13 PM
So, what do you wear when you go for the burn?
[snapback]434660[/snapback]
[sarcasm]My Juicy Couture sweats, fake Louis Vuitton logo bag, and fake Prada sweatbands, of course. What else would one wear to work out?[/sarcasm]

18-11-2004
Seductress in Eden

Quote:
Originally posted by AlexN@Nov 19 2004, 01:13 PM
[sarcasm]My Juicy Couture sweats, fake Louis Vuitton logo bag, and fake Prada sweatbands, of course. What else would one wear to work out?[/sarcasm]
[snapback]437759[/snapback]
try a fluro g-string lyca leotard over lycra pants... big socks with sweat band i'd like to see that hahaha

19-11-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by bad_barbarella@Nov 19 2004, 12:13 AM
try a fluro g-string lyca leotard over lycra pants... big socks with sweat band i'd like to see that hahaha
[snapback]437930[/snapback]
Yeah, especially since I'm a guy.

19-11-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by AlexN@Nov 19 2004, 04:13 AM
[snapback]437759[/snapback]

i think i've seen you at my gym

19-11-2004
trendsetter

I find that if I look somewhat good at the gym I feel more confident and work harder when I'm there. This applies to either good ol' swetty cardio and weights or yoga nd pilates.
for the record, by looking good I don't mean wearing make-up or unpractical clothing. Just that my gym clothes fit my body, are clean and flattering.

I love wearing Lululemon gear usually when I work out. It was designed as yoga gear but I wear it for all my gym activities. The tops and bottoms are soooo flattering and the price point is reasonable considering it lasts forever and keeps looking good. Though lululemon is getting a bit trendy here in Canada I haven't found anything that can compare.

07-12-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by adorevintage@Nov 18 2004, 11:08 PM
I wear high heels of course! (Work those calves!)

I'm joking!

I usually try to look decent at the gym because if I don't feel I look good, I won't be motivated enough to "continue" wanting to look good. Does that make sense?

If I worked out in baggy pants and an oversized t-shirt I feel frumpy and sloppy, so then I slack on my workouts.

I wear black dance pants with cargo pockets, sometimes a halter with a little bit of color or I will wear a little girl's tee layered over a bright tank top. I usually put my hair up and tie back with bright barettes and wear my cool striped trainers.

It might seem over the top, but at my gym, all the girls are like this. Velvet suits, silk yoga bags, 300 dollar trainers... *sigh* so I don't really stand out. HAHA.
[snapback]437752[/snapback]

Oh m gawsh! That is what its like at mine too!
I dont get it dude!
Youre not suppose to wear velour track suits on the treadmill dude! Those arent really meant to be gym clothes- they are just "athletic inspired"- that is a total pet peeve of mine.
No wait you know what is the *worst*?!!!!

Make up at the gym!
Not like gloss- but like MAC! a full face full of make up on the treadmill. I just roll my eyes when I see what

11-12-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by adorevintage@Nov 18 2004, 10:08 PM
[snapback]437752[/snapback]

do they work out for REAL, or just walk or something? just do it for the social experience?????

I wear shorts, tees, yoga pants, Dri Fit capris from Adidas... I feel best in my black yoga pants and a tight black beater (sorry softie ). In Aerobics sometimes I just wear a sports bra and yoga pants.

Big trend at my gym, Under Armour. I'm getting some, we'll see..

Stuff from Fit Couture is ADORABLE for working out:

You can get it on Amazon.com. A bit pricey (58 for the pants) but VERY different, original and cute.

These are cute too:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...pparel&v=glance

Or if you're a labelist, try Lulemon or these Prada shorts:

11-12-2004
front row

Uhm my gym shorts I got at Kmart and an old T-shirt and some comfortable athletics shoes. Im there to work out and burn calories not to impress strangers. I sometimes just wear jeans and a regular T-shirt if I jsut happened to swing by. I shouldnt care wut I look like becuz I know I look bad but I just focused more on the extra 40 minutes I have left on the damn elipitcal which get my blood boiling and if sum trud wanna make a comment about how I look , Ill be sure he'll never be able to stand or workout again. Uhm Just playing i think

28-12-2004
backstage pass

Gym Outfit
ok i abhor things like sweatsuits, yoga pants, and sports bras, so im left with few options for the gym. how about a P.E. type outfit? functional and fun!

i'm thinking white tshirt with these american apparel shorts and then some sneakers, maybe these? knee hi socks or is that overkill?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1301_03.jpg (10.9 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg 56604-d.jpg (10.1 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg 92022-d.jpg (7.1 KB, 159 views)

Last edited by smashinfashion; 28-12-2004 at 01:20 PM.
28-12-2004
living in the sprawl

Well I personally think the trying to be fashionable thing at the gym is initself overkill and reminds me of 9th grade gym class...

I like the shorts... a shirt and some more functional running type shoes perhaps? I abhor knee hi socks so I'm a bit biased there I much prefer the socks that you can't even tell they are there...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
activewear, gear, work, workout