How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-12-2004
V.I.P.

Nothing beats black fitted knit pants and a black t, I think. But the important thing is that you're comfortable. Never wear something that you don't want to work out in... you won't work out!

29-12-2004
front row

lol so true. I dunno, i don't wanna draw attention to me when I'm working out, I hate when people watch me work out, don't get me wrong I love attention but just not in the workout room. Actually the real reason that I stopped dressing up at the gym is because I realized it made me look like someone who didn't really know the way around the gym...even though I totally did. I say you go for the celebrity incognito look, sunglasses and all.

04-04-2005
wabisabi*

ok, so what are good workout clothes? is this expensive nike dri-fit stuff worth it? (on sale of course)

04-04-2005
front row

when i finally go to the gym,i think what id wear is tracki bottoms,and either a loose shirt or summit or a sports bra,then you arnt gonna be covered all over your body,and the trackies wont stick to you!! well thats what i think anyway

04-04-2005
I love model_mom!

I just try to be a comfortable as possible. Usually just yoga or running type pants and a t-shirt. Good shoes so that my feet don't ache and throb. I usually look pretty bad when I am at the gym. :p

trendsetter

The chic do not go to public gyms- they have a trainer that trains them in thier private gym.
As for clothing - it would be black- Black is slimming- they would not like the trainer to know how much weight they have gainned.

I myself do yoga, and wear ........NOTHING .

Just kid'n:p

15-03-2007
tfs star

I wear a pair of black pineapple pants that I have had since school and have holes in the waitband where I have attached my locker key to them too much. They are also too baggy when i am on the bikes and flap aroud and tangle my knees up and show off my socks.

15-03-2007
V.I.P.

I usually wear black, slim fit sweat pants, in shape similar to those posted by SoCalledPrep. For tops I wear black t-shirts. I try to avoid colours where you can easily see sweat, and I think black works the best. You won't look frumpy either, which can happen with some work out clothes.

Lately I have been seduced by Stella McCartney's range for Adidas. I think the dusty pink looks harmonyous, but I don't think they are very practical though. Came across to some McQueen for Puma trainers last weekend, and those looked quite neat too.

fashion insider

I workout at in my own gym, so I wear whatever I want. Oversize t-shirt or hoodies, and tight gym pants, $100 nike trainers.

At school, it's uniform t-shirt and black loose fiting sweat pants plus $100 nike trainers.

unknown
15-03-2007
tfs star

I can wear what I want to my gym. Do you mean like your own gym in your house?

16-03-2007
fashion insider

^ yes

unknown
16-03-2007
Brooklyn, baby!

I just wear whatever... Usually these black 3/4 length pants (I think they're for biking, but they are great for doing anything because they stretch and they breathe) with a sports bra and a tank top. Then I'll wear short socks and running shoes. I basically wear that, no matter if I'm running, doing yoga, biking, or dancing.

16-03-2007
adi
fashion insider

i wear capri length slim fit trousers, tank top and sports bra. since my trousers and bra are both black, i use colour in my tanks. i put my hair nicely, but so that it doesn't come in my way. make-up is no no. i don't understand those girls that have full make-up on when they work out..

but i do admit that i want to look nice at gym, though i know that i'm going to sweat my *** off and prob. look horrible after class, but it keeps me going. i like nice, comfortable clothes when i'm working out

16-03-2007
fashion insider

I usually wear sport brand trackies like Adidas, Nike or Puma with a t-shirt or singlet and a good pair of trainers. Otherwise if it's hot I wear sport shorts.

16-03-2007
V.I.P.

I don't work out in gyms because I don't drive. If I do ever work out, I go walking in my neighbourhood (5 K roundtrip to get a slurpee, with some hills) or up at the track) and I wear Soffe cheer shorts and a t-shirt. That's pretty much the gym uniform for girls when I was in school-we'd wear shirts from events and everything along with our Soffes. I don't wear a ton of makeup, maybe just a little sunscreen bronzer and lip gloss.

When I do get a car so I can get to the gym, however, I would tend to look a little nicer but not look like it's a fashion show. I certainly won't wear my chandelier earrings to lift weights!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
activewear, gear, work, workout