How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-01-2006
fashion elite

i could never change my style, not even if i wanted. i would be unable to wear certain items of clothing or some particular styles i detest. i am very stubborn, you see...

Sonny xxx

http://www.myspace.com/sonnycam

14-01-2006
V.I.P.

I've never traded my style for anyone, not because i've refused to it but because people actually find it funny and occasionally cute. .
the way i dress is un-changeable but i'd definitely slow down a bit if say, i was going out with someone extremely conservative, i know the feeling of being embarrased with somebody else's clothes and i would never cause that to anyone. :p . not that i dress like a clown, anyway.

V.I.P.

I don't have a strong personal style, I'm still searching for the perfect one to suit me..
But I would wear particular items of clothing if my significant other wanted me to - i.e a lacey dress, and so on. As long as it wasn't something I would feel uncomfortable in.

Last edited by twilight fairy; 14-01-2006 at 02:13 PM.
14-01-2006
rising star

it's sad....I have a friend who used to have a really cool and personal style, but since she's aquired a boyfriend he asked her to change how she dresses to suit his style more....and now all she wears are volcom and roxy brand clothes, and it's quite disgusting.

14-01-2006
rising star

Gulp. I certainly would never treat my lady like that. If she isn't stylish, out the door she goes. well actually I wouldn't look at her in the 1st place

14-01-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by green.tea
it's sad....I have a friend who used to have a really cool and personal style, but since she's aquired a boyfriend he asked her to change how she dresses to suit his style more....and now all she wears are volcom and roxy brand clothes, and it's quite disgusting.
Wow that's really really sad.

15-01-2006
windowshopping

Not my entire style.
By that I mean, if let's say I always wore low shirts and my significant other didn't like that I would not wear them as often. I find that understandable.
I wouldn't change my style. Only certain things.
I would also only do that for my significant other and work(must).

04-05-2009
Power to the 99%

I would certainly not change my style overall, but I'm kind of OK with a guy having an issue with a particular item :p (This is so it's OK for me to have an issue with a particular item of his )

05-05-2009
backstage pass

I wouldn't change my style for others. My style is a part of me, just like my taste in music or films. I admit, though, that I have began to wear more flats after I started to date my current boyfriend. He's shorter than me so if I wear really high heels we look kinda funny (my former bfs have been a lot taller than me so maybe I'm just not used to be the taller one ) but I'd never completely stop to wear high heels, I just love them so much.

06-05-2009
backstage pass

It was my fiancee who changed my style quite a bit... mainly because he just loves me to have the nicer things in life and i'm so getting used to it. I could never afford or even thought to look at stuff like I wear now before dating him. He was into his designer clothes and just ended up buying me loads of stuff... I guess before him I didn't have style and now I've found a style... It's not just designer wise though... which is irrelavent really... you could have all designer brands but if you cant put the look together you might as well not bother... he has said to me wear this with that... I've been like no but when I do it's like WOW how did he know that....

The one thing he loves me in is fur though... which I was weird about at first... not because of animal cruelty I could not care about that... I just felt it looks like something and old bird would wear... but now I adore the fur he has bought me... Im slowly getting used to buying more expensive clothes now with my own money. I've learnt less is more... but It's still strange to spend so much when before I was expensive shoping if I went to M and S! But I love it and love having the quality money buys... and yes a bit of the status... but I notice it more with winter clothing... I just love the luxuary of cashmere... where as before I'd have been £300 for a jumper... Im not paying that... no jumper is worth that... but in truth they are!

06-05-2009
tfs star

I don't really know why I would want to. And if it's a boyfriend, what if he has terrible taste in women's clothing or at least prefers clothing that has nothing to do with what I enjoy and would feel comfortable wearing?

06-05-2009
Geometric Discharge

William St Girl, it sounds like you've caught yourself a bit of a catch there

Nobody could change my style. Only myself. I sometimes, like recently, get bored of my style and revolutionize it . . But it's always got the me-factor about it.
I'm also pretty stubborn. And contrary. If someone tells me they hate something and I love it, I'll wear it all the more.

06-05-2009
scenester

Its not my style thats' for sure, I known to give whiplashes in the streets! but rather 1 accessory that my gf dislikes... you ready? I know it's silly but watever, here it goes; It's my 2006 World Cup in Germany FRANCE wrist band! Till this day, I refuse and will continue to disacknowledge Italy, winners of the 2006 W.C!

Eventually I know I'll have to lay the wrist band down to rest, possibly in my dying bed :p jk! But until then, I am a refuser of Italy 2006 (ps: not sure how many crazy footballers are on this site but I salut you all with a classic head-butt)

Last edited by TM717; 06-05-2009 at 04:46 PM.
06-05-2009
trendsetter

I could never transform into an entirely new being, ala My Fair Lady, but I would willingly transform aspects of my style and lifestyle, and have done so in the past. Though years of women's studies have tried to condition me otherwise, I'm not indignant at the idea of being changed by someone I love. No, I welcome it. The biggest challenge for me is not to acquiesce completely to my boyfriend's style and overall preferences. Or at least, what I presume those are, as I typically don't go for overtly bossy guys.

Ideally speaking, hints and suggestions of change ought to be out of encouragement and renewal, not criticism and abandonment of your previous style/lifestyle. If it's bullyish or condescending, I would resist, in principle. But frankly, it can be difficult to distinguish between caring and uncaring treatment when you're in love.

That phenomenon of couples who dress like each other often occurs naturally, so it's unfair to 'blame' it on one partner. Lest we not forget, many people lose their sense of self when they enter relationships, and I find that a lot more worrisome than someone who gives clear indications to their partner about what style (and other stuff) he or she likes.

Last edited by GasolineRainbow; 06-05-2009 at 05:30 PM.
06-05-2009
don't look down

I wouldn't change my style for a romantic relationship, because I'm not their accessory, I'm a fully-formed person with my own life... I can't see myself ever becoming a 'chameleon girlfriend' and matching myself to their tastes, because my own are so strong.

That said, there's a danger that I can get too attached to my own way of dressing, so I know I need to have an open mind and listen to suggestions.

In terms of work, I accept you have to conform to a dress code, so I make the most of wearing whatever the 'uniform' is for that workplace, though I still feel like an imposter when I wear a suit.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
change, style