Your decorating style - Page 15 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
18-01-2009
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

My last purchase (a rather selfish one, lol) was this earring stand from a place called French Vanilla that sells a lot of French provincial style pieces... I love it.

my own pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg earring stand.jpg (23.0 KB, 12 views)

front row

^ that's beautiful! love it!

trendsetter

Belowen
your earring stand is so pretty!

22-01-2009
front row

My rooms is all white-sleek and sophisticated yet very creative
I love my art I have some very special glass sculptures

Here is my favorite
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01520_2.JPG (204.4 KB, 18 views)

i'm almost ready..

that's lovely belowen

23-01-2009
#Resist

My new/old desk came today (the Fed Ex guy goes, what is this?! ), and I unpacked it & rearranged my office this morning. I'm so excited, it really works

The desk I sit at is at an angle, with my back to one corner of the room. The new piece is to my right, running from the corner to the window that's next to my desk. (I didn't realize it would be, but it's almost exactly the same height as my desk, even though it was originally made for children.) On it I have a file stand (is that what you call them?? it's a wire rack that holds file folders) with pretty folders in various black and white prints. Next to that, a stack of big notepads (made of sugarcane fiber ), box of tissue, basket of binder clips, small notepads, and my leather portfolios. Underneath are two galvanized metal bins, my laptop bag, and a basket of CDs. Above is my Georgia O'Keeffe calendar (this month coordinating very nicely with my color scheme--The Black Iris in shades of grey and black).

I had dragged an extra chair in to put things on (now it's back where it belongs), and I've just really been struggling because I didn't have enough space ... it's a beautiful thing when a plan comes together

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 23-01-2009 at 08:45 PM.
24-01-2009
front row

Oh, I will have to take some pictures of my room. I'm really proud of what I've done with it. I'm 16 now and when my room was painted I was 6. What color does every 6 year old girl love? Pink. So I have all these different pinks and then I got one wall painted dark blue. Basically my room was HORRID.

I've total changed it and now I love it. The best thing is that the only cost was the paint yet I have made it a whole new room. The walls are now painted a nice light green with the corners in a dark green. I have a whole bunch of french antique hand made furniture. I got rid of my really big ugly black computer desk by getting my dad to mount a slab of wood (cut from trees that were on out property) then I good an old bookshelf and put it on top of it. It all works really well.

I also have thing scattered everywhere, creates that messy effect but the good kind.
I really love being in my room now, it makes me feel so clam and nice, I used to hate it. All the hard working of doing most of this myself has really been worth it.

I can't wait untill I'm older and get to do with a house of my own.

24-01-2009
rising star

Great thread.

Have recently changed my style a little. I grew up in old houses - one from the 1920s and one from the 1880s - and my parents were always into antiques so all my furniture was lovely antique stuff. When I moved out of home as a student I never had the money to replace anything and at that time I didn't want to. Now I am a full time worker, living in a modern apartment, and now my furniture is a mix of Victorian/Edwardian (balloon back chairs with velvet cushions, rosewood dining table, old piano my dad bought me and my grandpa french polished, inlaid wood cabinet currently used as tv cabinet), art deco (round mirror, club lounge suite), Scandinavian (teak side tables, smoked glass coffee table) and a bit of modern-on-the-cheap (Ikea sideboard and bookshelves). Somehow it seems to work fairly well together! I've recently done a big cleanup so I'll take some pics maybe tomorrow.

I do have an attachment to old houses though, as great and easy to clean and care for as my apartment is, and think that when (if?) I end up buying my own place I'd like a little old terrace house.

24-01-2009
In Bloom

^Please post pictures, your apartment sounds lovely! Sounds a bit like mine, even though most of it is Ikea...I only have a few thing from the early 1900s

we were in love

24-01-2009
#Resist

^ I old houses too ... mine is from the 20s. Can't imagine living in any other kind ... McMansions don't love you back

24-01-2009
rising star

ok, here are some photos:

Ensuite bathroom

My room:

View from my balcony:

Living area:

Getting a little garden started on the main balcony:

I had so much trouble getting everything sorted out because I'd never lived in a modern building before but I'm getting there. My housemate and I have been here three months and as you can see, I still need to put up some paintings and she needs to get rid of some of her boxes LOL.

27-01-2009
trendsetter

A mix of Mid-Century modern, Shabby Chic, and Flea Market style. Nothing really look that cohesive yet, but I figure if I just stick to buying things I truly love, it will all come together someday.

27-01-2009
fashion icon

I love old houses too ... mine is from the 1929

27-01-2009
#Resist

^ Mine is 1926-27

28-01-2009
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Ours is 2007-08 Not old at all

Tags
decorating, style