How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-04-2008
Power to the 99%

www.designer-lights.com
Here it is ...

Henningsen was a genius ...

Btw, Neiman's has a collection of these, all original AFAIK. I believe they still hang them at the flagship each Christmas.

18-04-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplybella View Post
Could anyone recommend a website that I could order wallpaper from? I'm looking to cover 1 wall in my bedroom. Something black & white, a contemporary floral design maybe?

I don't want to pay too much so I'm thinking online is my best bet?

Something similar to this perhaps:
you might find some help in this thread, simplybella

Repeating Patterns - Wallpaper & Textile Design

18-04-2008
V.I.P.

The artichoke lamp is gorgeous but they are 7-13k! I found this other fun1 lamp that I like. I want to get it for the dining area, the arco lamp for the living room and the second lamp to hang above my desk. The third is just another gorgeous lamp I found but is again out of budget.

dwr

19-04-2008
scenester

^ I am IN LOVE with the last light fixture! Where is it from? The first one is really neat too.

The first purchase I made for my apartment is a chandelier for my bedroom. The high ceilings and crown molding were just aching for a girly chandelier! I'll find a picture later.

Thanks for the wallpaper suggestions. I'll have to check them out. I'm beginning to think that it's going to be too much work, even if it's just on 1 wall. Plus I don't know how my landlord feels about me putting up wallpaper on a concrete wall.

19-04-2008
In Bloom

Here are some pics... Notice that my appartment is PH-free (that's what we call good ol' Henningsen in Denmark). I can't appreciate PH due to massive overexposure
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04396.jpg (403.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00311.JPG (66.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00302.JPG (51.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04187.JPG (42.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04189.JPG (47.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04392.jpg (326.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04400.jpg (401.9 KB, 1 views)

we were in love

19-04-2008
scenester

I love your apartment The Ida!

20-04-2008
V.I.P.

whats ph?

20-04-2008
i'm almost ready..

clean and simple ida, i love it

some inspiration pics i love...

credit paul massey, belle australia, desire to inspire, flickr, vogue living australia

my style is pretty schizophrenic i think....i have never been able to pick a really distinct style and dedicate myself to it, so i have inspiration from all over the place that i think manifests itself in my home :p i am really drawn to that scandinavian style {very simple, modern, clean, lots of whites, beiges and natural, earthy tones,} and also to a more cluttered, eclectic, bohemian kind of shabby chic thing, which i realise is in itself a completely ridiculous definition

i think i somehow manage to blend the two by maintaining a pretty neutral palate and then punching it with a colour....my apartment has a sort of beige/taupe colour on the walls and the same for the carpet in the bedrooms, and then very pale hardwood floors everywhere else....but then i have accented with a very bright orange {the patio setting, a single orange chair in the open plan living area, orange artwork etc} which reminds me of that boho/moroccan-inspired style i love....i also love stacks of books/magazines, as well as photo frames and collections of little knick-knacks on an otherwise really clean surface.....i love to group together things that have meaning to me, things i have picked up on holidays etc...little sculptures, buddhas, crystals, candles, etc...that kind of gives a bohemian flavour to an otherwise fairly simple decor

i also love paintings and mirrors, so i have quite a few around the place, but very few of them are hung properly....i love the idea of leaning them against walls and grouping them together in a sort of unconventional way....so in my living area i have 5 paintings, 2 of them hung and 3 of them leaning against the wall together....i have a large mirror in my bedroom that is leaning against the wall too, which i love. i have to admit it annoys me a bit when people visit and say things like 'arent you going to hang those?' but slowly i think my friends have come around to my way of thinking and they now accept that the paintings look kind of cool on the floor :p

20-04-2008
front row

Your apartment is wonderful The Ida!

20-04-2008
i'm almost ready..

here are some pics of my apartment from various occasions...please excuse the mess
see what i mean by schizophrenic style....each pic looks like it belongs to a different apartment.! :p

these are just from downstairs...it is split level and i dont have any personal pics of the open plan living area upstairs.

20-04-2008
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96 View Post
whats ph?
Poul Henningsen, as I wrote. That's what we call him in Denmark, I don't know if it's a Danish thing. But honestly, I have been overexposed to his lamps, esp this one

bolig-huset.dk

we were in love

20-04-2008
In Bloom

Adore I love your appartment! That's kinda what my old place looked like, but I got rid of everything when I moved to the city. It's easier to move when you don't have to move a lot of **** But I'm pretty happy about my new place. I haven't decorated it at all. No art, no plants, no nothing, just furniture...there really is no room at all. I think it works out anyway. I'd really like some paintings, though

we were in love

21-04-2008
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96 View Post
The artichoke lamp is gorgeous but they are 7-13k! I found this other fun1 lamp that I like. I want to get it for the dining area, the arco lamp for the living room and the second lamp to hang above my desk. The third is just another gorgeous lamp I found but is again out of budget.

dwr
I know, I know I think you can get the repro for less than $5K, possibly depending on the finish, but I hear you, it's not cheap. The great thing about lighting, though, is it lasts a lifetime and beyond.

Love that last fixture--very Nina Ricci.

One thing I have done sometimes is buy things in less than perfect condition to save $$$. When it's hanging up on the ceiling no one notices the little flaws ... I also put major time into hunting lighting down. It pays off ... And if you are buying something that's not one of a kind, there's usually some competition on price (as I'm sure you know )

21-04-2008
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
Poul Henningsen, as I wrote. That's what we call him in Denmark, I don't know if it's a Danish thing. But honestly, I have been overexposed to his lamps, esp this one

bolig-huset.dk
There is no overexposure here I love that shade, I saw it in caramel color on a little lamp (at least that's how it looked in the pic), I would love to find one ...

And thanks for the pix ... I love your panda bear

21-04-2008
V.I.P.

I will definitely look for the reproductions of the artichoke lamp. The only ones I've seen are around $200 and of course look nothing like the original. That last lamp looks like it's out of a fairy tale but was around 18k.

Looking for less than perfect items is a great idea. I've been looking for some older things I can reupholster or repaint, I've never thought of lighting since it's usually not as easy to fix but your that right no one will really see it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
decorating, style