How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-05-2004
offline.

Quote:
Originally posted by mayim@May 4th, 2004 - 11:08 pm
I own a vintage sable & have been wearing various vintage furs since high school. These days, even w/ vintage, it almost feels like you are going out on a limb, like smoking a cigarette. It makes people act like you are a bad girl. Something about that appeals to me for some reason. Also, I just loooove the feel of it. Finding a vintage Chinchilla is my life long dream. So soft.
i dont think youll have much luck finding a vintage chinchilla coat...

the fur is so delicate that it doesn't stand up very well to time and the elements.

06-05-2004
paint it black

I have 2 fur coats both are vintage and I wear them when it's extremely cold. And both were a lot cheaper than a new non-fur coat so that's how I justify them for me. Plus I like how they look.

06-05-2004
backstage pass

i have a rabbit fur scarf. i didn't know it was real until a little while afterwards cuz i'm stupid anyway, i'm not against people wearing fur but i feel guilty wearing it sometimes.. i get a little creeped out too. but dammit. it's so warm and soft and the coats are beautiful. now, if only i could get rid of my guilt i would get a coat. oh, and i don't think fur coats are supposed to say 'look at me, i'm rich' except those huge, long ones that pimps wear

i also think that many vegetarians who choose not to eat meat because they are animal rights activists are very hypocritical if they wear leather. jmho. maybe it's cuz there's a lot of people who become vegetarians b/c it's kind of a trend (in my schools at least)

07-05-2004
front row

Here in New Zealand, it's acceptable to use possum fur. Possums are our number one pest problem, an introduced species with no predators. NZ possum is the only fur deemed acceptable by the World Wide fund for Nature.

I have a pair of the possum trim ugg boots in my avatar.

The company I work for is now also making possum fur scarves + collars. I can't wait to get one! It's great to be able to use the fur for something when we are forced to get rid of possums here.

07-05-2004
V.I.P.

firstly LUNA.... from one chinchilla keeper to another
( my baby was called mr. sparkle chilli, plus he had zillions of nick names... anyways im loosin track... i went to uni.. my parents gave him away to these 2 girls grrr i made a bargain with my dad, wen i finish uni, sparkle comes home! i dun give a flying ffff abt the girls! he is my baby)

yeh anyways... FUR....

i loooooove the stuff... its so soft... its so strokey... its so delectable...and sooooo warm...
i have a fur earring.... a fur hat... n got my mum a fur coat...
i dunno wat the earring is, nothin to special, the hat is rabbit.. n mums coat is artic fox (vintage)

i love chinchillas, and i would never buy anything chinchilla fur... simply because i had one... but others i dont really have many quams over... im a nature lover... all the same... but these animals are already dead... by me not buying it... some1 else will... and i like it.. so why not

my ex russian army rabbit fur hat... is just the best.. one of those real typical ones with the ear flaps n everything, even suede tie bits... i just love it... so warm... my ears get cold really easily... so basically for me... that was just lucious... and soooo warm!

i dont really like those fur coats that lil kim, puff daddy etc.. the ghetto fabulous look they dont look nice...but that is just coz i think those stylest look tacky...

overall i condone fur, i wear fur, and i guess if i see something that i really like i would buy it, just with the exception of chinchilla, nothin else would be off limits to me ( **** i just realised that makes me sound like i would wear lion fur or elephant skin... u know wat i mean.. within reason!)

07-05-2004
V.I.P.

i forgot one more thing...
i hate it wen people say fake fur is just as good as the real stuff... it is not
is a fake murakami the same as a real one.. NO....
real fur is soft, it has proper texture with proper feelin and good warmth...
the synthetic stuff is just that... a synthetic version... boo to fake fur

07-05-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by seditionary@May 7th, 2004 - 8:07 pm
i forgot one more thing...
i hate it wen people say fake fur is just as good as the real stuff... it is not
is a fake murakami the same as a real one.. NO....
real fur is soft, it has proper texture with proper feelin and good warmth...
the synthetic stuff is just that... a synthetic version... boo to fake fur
I hate hate hate fake fur too! Feels like a horrible stuffed animal that's been left out in the rain...
If you don't get the real stuff, than get wool or cashmere, not nasty faux.

07-05-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by Pixielaughs@May 7th, 2004 - 9:44 am
Here in New Zealand, it's acceptable to use possum fur. Possums are our number one pest problem, an introduced species with no predators. NZ possum is the only fur deemed acceptable by the World Wide fund for Nature.

I have a pair of the possum trim ugg boots in my avatar.

The company I work for is now also making possum fur scarves + collars. I can't wait to get one! It's great to be able to use the fur for something when we are forced to get rid of possums here.
can you order it online in the U.S., or is that illegal?

08-05-2004
front row

No - it's certainly not illegal. It's the same as ordering sheepskins online. The skins have been tanned so are clean, not raw.

I'll let you know when we have the scarves up. For now we have the ugg boots:

And possum fur earmuffs:

08-05-2004
V.I.P.

I do not own any fur, but I would wear it.

10-05-2004
offline.

Quote:
Originally posted by brian@May 8th, 2004 - 11:48 pm
I do not own any fur, but I would wear it.
Tell me something I didn't know, brian.

19-05-2004
rising star

I have posted once on this thread already. I personally love fur and think it is just the best!!! Here is (one of) my favourate furs (by max mara).....

I see no problem with wearing mink, fox, chinchilla, cow or sheep!! If it is so wrong to wear a mink then is it right to set rat traps (mink and rats are essentially the same). Is it right that I eat a burger or a lamb chop???

Anyway, I am bored with the subject - I love wearing fur and think it is just the best!!

Keep smiling

05-07-2004
Unveil Yourself....

Fur, Yes Or No?
Really didn't know where to put it, so I put it here

I was wondering what y'all thought about this, so let me hear what you have to say ok?

twitter.com/ErikP87

05-07-2004
Melody Nelson

I love it but I have had several encounters with animal activists I mean some of them behave like manics...they need to have more respect

05-07-2004
Unveil Yourself....

Quote:
Originally posted by chanel_girl@Jul 5th, 2004 - 12:47 pm
I love it but I have had several encounters with animal activists I mean some of them behave like manics...they need to have more respect
How about respect for baby seals that get batted to death....

Just giving you the facts....that's all

twitter.com/ErikP87

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, fur, guidelines, post, posting, read, style, thread