Your fur style - please read thread guidelines in post #1 before posting - Page 8 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-07-2004
windowshopping

Fake Yes Real No

18-07-2004
fashion insider

I Love FUR! My dream is to have lots of fur coats!!!!

(Dont tell to green peace activists pls! )

18-07-2004
windowshopping

Fur does NOT belong on human-beings ...

Obviously too many of you here who are too self-absorbed and just a tad ignorant as to fully appreciate and respect the world we live in.

No wonder the world is in the state it is....

18-07-2004
windowshopping

Fur does NOT belong on human-beings !!...
Grow your own ... eeuuucchh!

Obviously too many of you here who are too self-absorbed and just a tad ignorant as to fully appreciate and respect the world we live in.
What hollow lives you must live....

18-07-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by mexx1@Jul 18 2004, 12:32 PM
Fur does NOT belong on human-beings !!...
Grow your own ... eeuuucchh!

What hollow lives you must live....
[snapback]313040[/snapback]
You should also be telling this to meat eaters, leather shoe wearers, lumber contractors, farmers, the government, zoo keepers, circus folk, the SPCA, almost every darn corporation in the world.

I have a feeling that people who have problems with fur because they come from cute little animals, but they'll eat chicken and beef because those animals are not so cute.

With that reasoning maybe we chould be able to kill ugly people too, no?

I love fur. Plus it looks pretty great on me

18-07-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by CelineChic@Jul 18 2004, 01:29 PM
I have a feeling that people who have problems with fur because they come from cute little animals, but they'll eat chicken and beef because those animals are not so cute.
I agree. It's hypocritical to eat meat but be against wearing fur, but to each their own I suppose. I personally don't wear fur because I live in Florida and thus don't really need it; I could see it if I lived in Alaska or Minnesota or someplace cold but we have like two weeks of winter, if that, here. If I lived up north somewhere I wouldn't have a problem wearing fur because I see it as something you're going to keep forever, and pass on to your relatives after you're gone. It seems to me to be a pretty honorable thing for an animal to die to keep another living thing warm

18-07-2004
scenester

" ... . It seems to me to be a pretty honorable thing for an animal to die to keep another living thing warm ... " was the quote from another person here . Hmmm , did this animal ASK to die ? Who are we to decide who or what lives an dwho or what dies ? Seems to me that there are enough people with god like complexes arleady out there and perhaps a little compassion , caring and respect for life and the living would go a VERY LONG way to change this world to a MUCH better , peacefull place to live .

slushy gurl

18-07-2004
fashion insider

^^ I agree with CelineChic.

Why cant I wear a fur coat, huh? I dont ask it to be from an albino-tiger!!!! Also I dont want to harm the protected animals (like coalas, tigers, blah-blah-blah). Id just like at leat a simple rabbit furcoat. Rabbits multiply so fast that its no harm if we kill them, eat them and make furs from them.

So dont try to push a tear from my eye by telling me how nice is this pretty bunny! I will want a fur coat anyway!

19-07-2004
fashion icon

If any of you are ever looking for great fur coats or coats with fur look into Robert Cavalli coats.

I think 11 out of my 14 coats are from him. PLus they're very unique!

19-07-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by CelineChic@Jul 19 2004, 03:14 AM
If any of you are ever looking for great fur coats or coats with fur look into Robert Cavalli coats.

I think 11 out of my 14 coats are from him. PLus they're very unique!
[snapback]313271[/snapback]
Revillon also has some fabulous furs. The label has Rick Owens now i believe. And then there is Fendi.

If anybody has a livejournal I have made a little pro-fur community on there.

Charles Baudelaire

25-07-2004
rising star

I don't think anyone can compare wearing fur to eating meat. Eating meat is just natural, the food chain. Lots of animals eat each other to survive. We don't need to WEAR each other to survive tho... I'm not an expert, but I don't think any other animals actually wear each other.

25-07-2004
rising star

Are there really any good arguments to wear fur other than "it's nice"? I've grown up thinking that fur is a luxury, my mother and grandmother have fur, and I always loved trying on their coats. But when I really think about it, I don't know how comfortable I would be buying one of my own.

25-07-2004
front row

i want to wear faux fur. some nice pimpy sort of jacket but it should be cut to the waist and have really fluffy fur around the collar and wrists. thats my ideal/dream/wish jacket that i will never find because they only sell those to women -__-

25-07-2004
front row

Nope . Where I live its too damn hot to even think about putting on a jacket yet alone a fur coat. I probably own some if I ever move back up to the north again but I need to find one not so heavy or I'll fall over :dizzy:

25-07-2004
front row

I don't like fur at all. I will never wear it. To me, it does not compare to eating meat(though I don't eat that either). People eat meat for nutrition. Unless one is living in a remote, frigid area where they need fur to survive, it is not necessary.

I'm sick of people saying that they love animals but wear fur anyway. I guess it's just so long as they don't have to do the dirty work it's ok for an animal to be killed for frivilous reasons. Take a look at your own pets. Would you want a dog or cat fur coat? That would cause an outrage(and it has with the burlington coat factory). People in Asia kill these domesticated pets for their pelts, and people are disgusted and offended. What is the real difference between a dog and, lets say, a chinchilla? Really. State a rational reason why it's ok to kill one but not the other. I know and understand why one would like fur; i, too like the softness of it. However, if you really like it that much, go to the pet store and pet the little bunnies.

Just to make it clear, I'm not some hardcore peta freak. I would never destroy someone's property, throw a dead animal on their plate, etc.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, fur, guidelines, post, posting, read, style, thread