How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-04-2008
scenester

Thanks for that info! It probably isn't Homer Laughlin since it would have been bought in Australia in the 1930s! I have only seen it about twice because no-one uses it but I swear it has that same shape with an orange trim rather than green and then multi-coloured little cottage house scenes. Hmmmm, I'm going to have to go and dig it out and check the back!

15-05-2008
Power to the 99%

replacements.com
I ordered some things from Replacements this morning ... one of these plates (I bought a platter in this pattern from my local antique mall & loved it, so checking out the pattern further):

and several of these ramekins to go with the 3 I already have (these are perfect for baking an individual serving of whatever):

15-05-2008
rising star

Oh this is one of my favourite topics! Hehe.
I try to buy organic as often as possible. If I see organic clothes that I like I try to buy them. I love second hands. I bicycle or walk almost everywhere. I always say no to plastic bags. I have some organic make up. Trying to be better at it... + I try to shop less. But this is very hard for me when it comes to clothes and shoes. Soon I will try to make my own organic muesli

15-05-2008
scenester

I bought this from etsy: http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction...ion_id=8483031

It arrived the other day and it is pefect for this winter, snuggling up on the lounge...

16-05-2008
Power to the 99%

^ Cool ... here's the pic:

I have similar curtains in my bedroom made of rectangles of felted ivory wool sweaters in all kinds of different patterns. They're fun to look at ...

16-05-2008
backstage pass

what a lovely thread! I love reading everyone's ideas ... I would love to add vintage china and silverware. We didn't register for anything fancy for our wedding, so we still don't have any formal dinnerware, and vintage sounds like a great way to go.

what I've been doing is:
- recycle
- use energy efficient light bulbs
- I always bring my own utensils, plates, cups, etc to work
- eat organic when I can. I am lucky in that my mother-in-law has a wonderful vegetable garden which supplies us with much each week.
- eat very little meat, especially beef
- quite a few pieces of furniture we bought used. of these, my dining table and coffee table are made from reclaimed wood for 100 year old floorboards.

I still have a long way to go, especially in regards to water conservation, reducing my amount of everyday trash, and reducing our gasoline consumption. Also, I'm still trying to reduce my overall consumption of clothing/shoes/etc ... this one has been hard, but I think I'm finally starting to make progress!

16-05-2008
backstage pass

oh, and my dogs are also rescues!

18-05-2008
Power to the 99%

^ tourist, glad you like the thread I think vintage dinnerware & silver are the best--so much more to choose from, and at relative bargain prices for the great detail & design. If you want to learn more about what's out there, check out the collectors' books at the bookstore. I also have vintage glassware. The only contemporary glass I was able to find that I like was Baccarat--I pay a lot less for the vintage patterns I collect Although--you can certainly pay Baccarat prices for old glass. I found my silver pattern by looking around on eBay at what was available--I needed some extra serving spoons.

I've been shopping for a vintage chest of drawers--instead found a really lovely Deco-influenced '30s carved oak glass-front bookshelf with shallow drawers at the top. It's happily sitting in my dining room as we speak, delivered today ... this is the first piece of oak furniture I own, the only oak I had was my floors

18-05-2008
V.I.P.

i buy a lot of organic products. My shampoo's are all organic. I enjoy eating organic good also. I eating less meat and more greens.

18-05-2008
trendsetter

i recycle almost all of the plastic i use, i use mostly natural skincare products, and i use an eco-friendly cosmetic bag.

18-05-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by la Balenciaga View Post
i buy a lot of organic products. My shampoo's are all organic. I enjoy eating organic good also. I eating less meat and more greens.
What kind of organic shampoo do you have/like?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal2183 View Post
I love the brand Organix. It leaves your hair super shiny and the smell is so pure and long lasting. I use the Shea Butter - it's a blend of with yogurt proteins, avocado oils and shea butter.

the pomegranate green tea also smells very good. they all contain different ingredients.

Last edited by la Balenciaga; 18-05-2008 at 10:06 PM.
19-05-2008
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal2183 View Post
I like Aveda ... currently using Shampure, but I've liked pretty much everything I've tried.

19-05-2008
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I have similar curtains in my bedroom made of rectangles of felted ivory wool sweaters in all kinds of different patterns. They're fun to look at ...
Thanks for extracting the picture! The curtains sound beautiful, did you make them yourself and do you have a picture?

20-05-2008
Power to the 99%

crispina.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShariEma View Post
Thanks for extracting the picture! The curtains sound beautiful, did you make them yourself and do you have a picture?
I got them from Crispina. Similar to this (love this btw!):
Attached Images
File Type: png flag.png (97.7 KB, 1 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
organic, style