How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-04-2013
Power to the 99%

nandinagreen
Just got these bamboo/organic cotton towels ... I wanted something pretty & often the organic ones are really plain. My favorite towels are jacquard, and I found these ... they really do have a silky lustre (as advertised). Received them this week & am laundering them now ... the website makes it very difficult to save the picture you want. I got the Akhara pattern (which is not this one) in desert sand (see swatch). Here you can see the texture of the bamboo pretty well ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nandina.jpg (138.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg desert-sand.jpg (5.0 KB, 45 views)

07-04-2013
trendsetter

- Over the last couple of years I have been buying fewer but better pieces of clothing, that will last longer.
- I do not own a car (but sadly have a bad habit of using the one I can loan too much)
- Lots of my clothes are bought second hand (thrifted or via e-bay)
- I furnish my appartment with pieces that I will like not only now but also for years to come. They cost more but will last longer, like the clothes.
- I mainly buy organic foods
- I will buy fairtrade and/or organic qualities in clothing as well if they are available.

07-04-2013
trendsetter

I don't eat meat and diary, so that's the mayor action I am doing for the environment.
I don't smoke.
I don't have a car, always using public transport and a bike in the warmer half of the year.
I am sorting all the waste (paper, plastic, bio, glass) and don't use plastic bags if possible. That I don't ever throw waste on the ground is logical.
I am a responsible buyer of everything (since I live at home groceries and furniture are not my domain yet, so that's maily clothing and other goods). I always donate clothing to charity rather than throwing it away.
After all I think I'm pretty green.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

Last edited by Jinadaze; 07-04-2013 at 06:23 PM.
10-04-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinadaze View Post
I don't eat meat and diary, so that's the mayor action I am doing for the environment.
I don't smoke.
I don't have a car, always using public transport and a bike in the warmer half of the year.
I am sorting all the waste (paper, plastic, bio, glass) and don't use plastic bags if possible. That I don't ever throw waste on the ground is logical.
I am a responsible buyer of everything (since I live at home groceries and furniture are not my domain yet, so that's maily clothing and other goods). I always donate clothing to charity rather than throwing it away.
After all I think I'm pretty green.
I totally forgot to include this Guess it is just such a habit.

I am a vegetarian as well and we rarely use any kind of milk products or milk in our household.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
organic, style