How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-05-2004
V.I.P.

I try not to look bad or wear unethicall things

26-05-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by Spike413@May 26th, 2004 - 2:24 pm
I really don't believe in fashion rules per say, but I do believe in some minor "guidelines".

First and foremost, never mix your prints. It works on a runway, not in reality.

I try not to mix black and navy although I have a midnight blue dress shirt that I wear with a black suit and monochromatic tie, so I guess I break that rule.

No white jeans........should be self explanitory

Don't bare too much, it's either back, cleavege or legs, not all at once.

No socks with open shoes, ever.

No acid washed jeans, ever.

Don't match your denim, you'll look like one of those "gangstas" that wear the jeans with matching jacket, matching colored seams, with matching shirt, matching shoes, matching 'do rag........don't match your denim, it is not a suit!

No red and orange together, it's too garish looking.

No white socks with dress shoes!

um, that's about it for me.
hahaha...i break some of those rules regularly...heeheehee...

i black and navy together...tres chic!!!..the french and the italians do this very well...

and love i opaque tights with ankle strap peep toe heels...and a little babydoll dress

and i think being able to mix prints shows real style and a sense of colour...the brits do it exceptionally well

vive le diference...
to each his own...

26-05-2004
V.I.P.

tone in tone is one of the worst fashion faux pas

... cos more than 2 shades will just never look good together

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
26-05-2004
barcode

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+May 26th, 2004 - 4:13 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ May 26th, 2004 - 4:13 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spike413@May 26th, 2004 - 2:24 pm
I really don't believe in fashion rules per say, but I do believe in some minor "guidelines".

First and foremost, never mix your prints. It works on a runway, not in reality.

I try not to mix black and navy although I have a midnight blue dress shirt that I wear with a black suit and monochromatic tie, so I guess I break that rule.

Don't match your denim, you'll look like one of those "gangstas" that wear the jeans with matching jacket, matching colored seams, with matching shirt, matching shoes, matching 'do rag........don't match your denim, it is not a suit!

i black and navy together...tres chic!!!..the french and the italians do this very well...

and love i opaque tights with ankle strap peep toe heels...and a little babydoll dress

and i think being able to mix prints shows real style and a sense of colour...the brits do it exceptionally well

vive le diference...
to each his own... [/b][/quote]
When I said socks with open shoes, I mean actually socks. Tights are fine.

And like I said, I'm guilty of the black/navy combo and not to sound arrogant, but I look pretty damn good when I break that rule

As far as prints, I guess it can look okay if the prints are of a similar style, like two abstract prints, or two florals, but I don't know why, I just don't love the look of something graphic against a floral......but then again, I don't love prints to begin with, so mabye I'm a tad biased

But as you said, vive le diference, that's what makes the (fashion) world go round!

26-05-2004
etre soi-meme

inspired combinations and unusual details are a must.

26-05-2004
barcode

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+May 26th, 2004 - 4:13 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ May 26th, 2004 - 4:13 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spike413@May 26th, 2004 - 2:24 pm

vive le diference...
to each his own... [/b][/quote]
When I said socks with open shoes, I mean actually socks. Tights are fine.

And like I said, I'm guilty of the black/navy combo and not to sound arrogant, but I look pretty damn good when I break that rule

As far as prints, I guess it can look okay if the prints are of a similar style, like two abstract prints, or two florals, but I don't know why, I just don't love the look of something graphic against a floral......but then again, I don't love prints to begin with, so mabye I'm a tad biased

But as you said, vive le diference, that's what makes the (fashion) world go round!

26-05-2004
V.I.P.

NEVER wear nude tights with open toe shoes

26-05-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.@May 26th, 2004 - 5:10 pm
oh...oh...i can't believe i left that out...never wear nude hose...ever....

26-05-2004
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.@May 26th, 2004 - 11:10 pm
for me its never wear nude tights with anything they so bore me

26-05-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+May 27th, 2004 - 12:12 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ May 27th, 2004 - 12:12 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-leyla m.@May 26th, 2004 - 5:10 pm
oh...oh...i can't believe i left that out...never wear nude hose...ever.... [/b][/quote]
hahah its horrible... the older ladies (above 80, think they are 20) tend to do this

26-05-2004
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+May 26th, 2004 - 11:12 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ May 26th, 2004 - 11:12 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-leyla m.@May 26th, 2004 - 5:10 pm
oh...oh...i can't believe i left that out...never wear nude hose...ever.... [/b][/quote]
i'm not alone

26-05-2004
barcode

Never wear anything that; a) Paris Hilton Pamela Anderson or c) Britney Spears has worn.

26-05-2004
front row

Apart from almost everything already mentioned in this thread (though franky I don't agree with, and haven't even heard of, the no-black-and-navy rule...), personally I think it's a tragic lack of common sense to pair linen with winter weight fabrics like felted wool. It doesn't look right, and doesn't make sense.

26-05-2004
barcode

Don't go overboard with a retro look. If you're wearing a dress that's inspired by the 50's, try to modernize it by pairing it with modern accessories and hair/makeup.

Not a rule, more of a preference.

27-05-2004
V.I.P.

anything goes for me..whatever I like, I wear. don't really have rules
but I tend to avoid the 'trashy' trends.
I don't like too many neon colours..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, personal, rules