How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-04-2013
V.I.P.

^Sad but true. Rooney Mara could show up as Lizbeth and then she'd be right on track.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

25-04-2013
V.I.P.

Urgh, I'd be so disappointed if Anna Wintour gave in and finally allowed this 'thing' to go to the MET Gala. Why aren't people making her go away?

http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/04/kany...performer.html

Last edited by LolaSvelt; 25-04-2013 at 06:57 PM.
25-04-2013
fashion elite

Just have Beyonce perform and call it a day.

25-04-2013
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
Urgh, I'd be so disappointed if Anna Wintour gave in and finally allowed this 'thing' to go to the MET Gala. Why aren't people making her go away?

http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/04/kany...performer.html

ditto...

go away kim...go away...!!!...
you're a train wreck and nobody wants to watch you crash...
it's ugly!

26-04-2013
Stitch:the Hand

truth be told,i wouldn't mind if that pompous twit kanye would go away either.

commander....beyonce perform??!! that would seem rather unfitting at a punk exhibition....

26-04-2013
V.I.P.

seriously... why aren't they keeping the performers in THEME. Kanye AND Beyonce are inappropriate, and Kim should be blockered from the building.

What is the point of having a punk theme if you can get a punk performer. Patti Smith should be doing some spoken word; Iggy should be making an appearance; someone with some credibility. Even No Doubt have some ska-punkish vibes; let them play. But good lord, NOT Kanye or Beyonce.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
26-04-2013

i saw that the selecter reformed recently too....the great pauline black was very much part of that era and was instrumental in influencing no doubt's ska-sound. they definitely should have a lot of musicians who were part of the era not just a bunch of random shallow celebs looking for publicity.

26-04-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
truth be told,i wouldn't mind if that pompous twit kanye would go away either.

commander....beyonce perform??!! that would seem rather unfitting at a punk exhibition....
I don't see why not she's already there. I still don't get why everyone is stuck on the "theme" down a tee, what does Bruno Mars and Azealia Banks have to do with Prada or Florence Welch with American Women?

It would be a nice added touch if they did have a punk performer but they'll pick a popular artist at the moment like they always do, this year it's Tisci's choice.

At the end of the day the exhibition is what needs to be punk, at the opening night you'll have glamazons polished to perfection and filthy rich superstars wearing custom made pieces quite the opposite of punk.

26-04-2013

because i think at the end of the day,the essence and spirit of the punk movement in all its social consciousness,gets lost in all the superficiality. the irony is,punk wholeheartedly anti-superficial....anti-establishment....anti-emperor's new clothes. that's why it worried me originally how this will be conveyed. i would like to see this being shown in the social manner in which it influenced a generation of ideals and individualism.

27-04-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderTMugler View Post
I don't see why not she's already there. I still don't get why everyone is stuck on the "theme" down a tee, what does Bruno Mars and Azealia Banks have to do with Prada or Florence Welch with American Women?

It would be a nice added touch if they did have a punk performer but they'll pick a popular artist at the moment like they always do, this year it's Tisci's choice.

At the end of the day the exhibition is what needs to be punk, at the opening night you'll have glamazons polished to perfection and filthy rich superstars wearing custom made pieces quite the opposite of punk.
Well, where would you find artists tha are Prada ? Only artists wearing Prada could perform..?

With punk is different, this year is so turned to music and we see so many references to artists, that they could at least make an effort and put someone punk related performing.

27-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
that list does seem pretty random and out of the sky. i saw serena and venus on there and i know for a fact that both are playing a tournament at madrid that week...which is mandatory. so they will definitely not be present at all.
And Rihanna has a show that night and she's on the list, so I don't know about the list either.
Posted via Mobile Device

27-04-2013
V.I.P.

At least we can count on her to have fun with the night, instead of just using it as an excuse to wear a gown. I always, always look forward to her decisions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
And no one ever really dresses for the theme (unless you are called Christina Ricci).

flaunt the imperfection

my vote would be a double bill
the pretenders and blondie to perform...

debbie harry!!!...chrissie hynde!!!...

rawr!

27-04-2013
backstage pass

Dream on softgrey baby! Debbie and Chrissie are relics,-- why would any PR in their right mind-- in this youth-obsessed climate, promote the event with 50-something headlining?

Let the mindless and dope-filled parade on opening night commence. Even if all the nitwits were banned from this show, it's still high fashion's take on punk. In that context, this show can't really escape from the shallow connotations.

I think I'm loving this opening mess more and more: Beyonce, Kanye, Kim for an event celebrating punk... That is hilarious! I hope they add Justin Beaver and Selena Gomez to sell this to the tweens. Oh Anna, you uninspired piece of commercial rubbish, turning everything into a department store catalogue for the masses. And Riccardo, you desperate thug-wannabe, still hustling those overpriced ugly-*** graphic tees to the superfuturers and now hustling your BFFs Kanye and Beyonce to headline... punk. Just a mess of an event that is as credible to its original source as these rich, vapid spoilt brats are clueless to the spirit of punk. Sit back and enjoy this joke. Just seeing that invitation-- which resembles something designed for a WalMart licensed junior perfume line, complete with "grunge"-splattered typeface (how very 2006 of you!) should clue you in on how clueless this all will be.

27-04-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrmartinho View Post
Well, where would you find artists tha are Prada ? Only artists wearing Prada could perform..?
Why not, they could have Carey Mulligan whip out the mike and have her redo her New York New York set from Shame

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, costume, exhibit, institute, punk chaos to couture