How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-12-2012
front row

Guess some designers are jumping on the balenciaga sweater bandwagon, and givenchy prints and even the leather backpack, nice but was hoping for some originality from Lim...

06-12-2012
V.I.P.

i love this

06-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
This is so all over the place, I feel very confused right now. I love the first two looks in post #2 and generally like all the chunky sweaters with the zippers. The mini skirts are great, too. But I abhor all the animal prints and the bright colored pieces. The sleeves on some of the tops are so awkward, both in length and volume and the proportions in many of the ensembles are way off. Very weird and incoherent collection. Love the bags, as usual, though.
I agree with most of what you've written. I love the sweaters; that cream coloured knit with the zip I want now.

But I scrolled quickly over the leopard prints.

Hit and miss for me.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
06-12-2012
backstage pass

Yeah-- it's all very shamelessly Nicolas... lite. It's completely unoriginal, but it's the first collection of Lim's that I feel is the most complete and intricate, like he's not just throwing together random pieces to create a look, but actually taking the time to design and construct a beautiful piece-- like the opening trench/cape coat and the motorcycle jackets. He's definitely a better stylist than a designer, but I do like this collection in terms of interesting separates.

06-12-2012
V.I.P.

Yes! Am I the only one that has a strong love for the brand? I swear, it keeps increasing season after season. I love that Lim makes each piece interesting on it's own. Some of my personal favorites here have to be those bronze loafers, that bright blue jacket with a interesting form of lapels, and that cheetah print sleeve jacket. Definitely some cool pieces in here that would make any basic outfit pop.

06-12-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuel View Post
He's definitely a better stylist than a designer, but I do like this collection in terms of interesting separates.
Interesting you say that because the first time I looked at the collection my reaction "wow, I want all of it". Looking at it again, I realise it's just the styling- the pieces themselves could be higher end high street and are nothing I would lust over individually.

07-12-2012
fashion icon

Looks like Alexander Wang for Balenciaga...don't see any Phillip Lim in these clothes....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, 31, lim, phillip, prefall