How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-05-2006
follow the lights

^ cool thanks

Doh.. i'm able to see the credits.. nevermind :p

Last edited by Baizilla; 01-05-2006 at 03:07 PM.

01-05-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baizilla
^ cool thanks
Sure!

01-05-2006
rising star

yah bubbleroom.se and www.zoovillage.com

http://shoppa.tjallamalla.com/ also have some acne.

01-05-2006
follow the lights

thank you

i've added them for you..

01-05-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldner
haha, karolina, maybe you can develope your arguments a little further, especially the geek-farmer part?
You can't compare Nudie with Acne Jeans. The only similarity they share is that they are both Swedish. They have different philosophies. For me Nudie is a very casual and dare I say 'rock'n roll' in look and appearance. Noel/Liam Gallagaher from Oasis love their Nudies. They discovered Nudies while they were on tour here in Australia. I'm not a big fan of Oasis myself but I respect their sense of style and attitude. I do think Nudies make the best jeans for men. They have catered for almost every size and washes. I have 6 pair of Acnes and 8 pairs of Nudies. My favourites jeans are still the regular ralfs dry selvedge. I just washed them after 18mths and they have come up beautiful. I admit they are not everyone's cup of tea. But they are worth the effort.

Acne is definately a smarter look than Nudies, very similar to Dior (at the fraction of the cost!). Their simple cuts and designs are a breath of fresh air. They definately bring a element of elegance and sophistication to anyone's wardrobe. My favourire Acne Jeans atm are the Mic Blacktrash. However, their men's jackets and shoes are simply awesome.

Personally, I think we are pretty lucky to have two really good labels to choose from. So who care about the name!!!

Thankyou Nudie and Acne!

Last edited by FABRE MODELE; 01-05-2006 at 04:58 PM.
02-05-2006
rising star

nudie = denim
acne = fit and washes
julian red = godlike

overall

you must look at whyreds new _tight_ model with colours (pink, yellow, orange, red i think) AWESOME.

i think everyone knows http://fos5.com

02-05-2006
tfs star

a lot of rockenroll bands wear acne jeans too.. take the sounds for example...imo almost all skinny jeans are rockenroll since thats what the rockstars have been wearing for ages.

02-05-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by realitysucks

http://shoppa.tjallamalla.com/ also have some acne.
anyone know if this site ships outside of sweden?

09-05-2006
V.I.P.

I just got my Acne jeans in white from zoovillage.com

I love them! They fit so well! Although they are size 24 and a little snug, I think they still look great. Now I want another pair in black but they don't have size 24 in black on zoovillage.

front row

^^Sounds great! They do have some up on brownsfashion.com though I think they only go down to 25.

So I'm interested in a pair of Acne Hex Cash jeans and would like to know about the sizing.

If I've read the comments in this thread correctly the Hex Cash run a little small. But looking at the measurements at zoovillage.com for the Acne Hex Crank they seem to run large. Does the elastane in the Hex Cash mean they will stretch over time?

I am a true 28.5", am a Sz.27 in Raw A.P.C New Standards, and a Sz.28 in Dior 19cms. Some sizing advice would be much appreciated (*waves* to tricotinacetat, Baizilla ).

11-05-2006
Frozen irony.

How long does it take for zoovillage to ship?

I ordered some jeans a week ago, and still haven't heard anything about them being shipped.

11-05-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantster

So I'm interested in a pair of Acne Hex Cash jeans and would like to know about the sizing.

If I've read the comments in this thread correctly the Hex Cash run a little small. But looking at the measurements at zoovillage.com for the Acne Hex Crank they seem to run large. Does the elastane in the Hex Cash mean they will stretch over time?

I am a true 28.5", am a Sz.27 in Raw A.P.C New Standards, and a Sz.28 in Dior 19cms. Some sizing advice would be much appreciated (*waves* to tricotinacetat, Baizilla ).
i have size 28 in APC raw cure femme and in acne hex i have 30, fits perfect, i would say +2 on your apc:s. And yes, they will stretch out, so its better to take too tight then loose. they will start to loose color and fade after the first washes, i have recoloured mine twice

pucci_mama, to london it should take 1-2weeks.

Sam_Gurr if you mail them im pretty sure they will ship your order.

11-05-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantster
^^Sounds great! They do have some up on brownsfashion.com though I think they only go down to 25.

The cash wash does run slighly smaller than other models (compared to that, the Crank runs really big in size!), I wear a 28" in them, most of my Dior's are 27", with certain variations depending on the fabric used (26" in the orange overdyes due to the stretchy broken twill yarn, 28" in the neon pink canvas jeans as they don't stretch out from wear). I'd say, if you wear a 28" in Dior, go up a size in the Cash. The jeans fit me really tightish when I wore them for the first time but stretched out a little so that they fit really comfortably now.

In terms of wear; I have worn mine for almost a year now without washing them and they do lose a lot of colour where they get used. The overall blackness of the jeans remains preserved if you don't wash them in the machine but instead bring them to the dry cleaners.

Last edited by tricotineacetat; 11-05-2006 at 06:03 AM.
11-05-2006
follow the lights

Yeah definitely.. I agree with trico, you should definitely go one size up.

I wore sz. 28 in DH as well.. and a size 29 in Acne fits just perfectly!

11-05-2006
front row

Awesome, I will go with the 29. It's great that you all agree, too.

Thanks for the quick responses realitysucks, tricotineacetat & baizilla You guys rock!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acne, jeans