How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-09-2009
front row

I recently got my first pair of Acne jeans and I love them! Great fit, quality, wash, etc. Took advantage of their online outlet shop:

Mic Dry Smudge SS09

Source: Acne

Me in them!

23-01-2011
scenester

Forgive me if I'm not in the right thread, but does anyone know how their clothing sizes run? I'm in love with the Rita jacket, and found a good price, but it's final sale and I'm not sure whether or not to get a S or a M. I'm a true 4, but I have rather broad, bony shoulders and when a brand runs small they tend to be too tight in the shoulder...

24-01-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrants View Post
Forgive me if I'm not in the right thread, but does anyone know how their clothing sizes run? I'm in love with the Rita jacket, and found a good price, but it's final sale and I'm not sure whether or not to get a S or a M. I'm a true 4, but I have rather broad, bony shoulders and when a brand runs small they tend to be too tight in the shoulder...

I find that they generally run a little large. Think tall Scandinavian fit. I'm about a size 0 or 2 and most xs or 34 are generally largish on me (depending on the cut, some size 34 trousers just fall off me). I've got a size 34 jacket that is quite wide in the shoulders. So I'm thinking unless you want a roomier fit you should go with a S.

24-01-2011
scenester

Thanks so much!

11-01-2013
V.I.P.

ACNE's sizing seems to be very strange for me. I came across 2 pairs (flex) at Buffalo Exchange today and I immediately snapped them up; they fit me perfectly. The weird thing though, is that they're a size 30 waist when I normally am a size 4 or FR 34/36!! How is that possible?! (I have not gained weight). I've heard they run small, but not this small. Has anyone else had to go up several sizes in ACNE jeans?

17-06-2014
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulyss View Post
ACNE's sizing seems to be very strange for me. I came across 2 pairs (flex) at Buffalo Exchange today and I immediately snapped them up; they fit me perfectly. The weird thing though, is that they're a size 30 waist when I normally am a size 4 or FR 34/36!! How is that possible?! (I have not gained weight). I've heard they run small, but not this small. Has anyone else had to go up several sizes in ACNE jeans?
totally irrelevant for you now i'm sure, but whatever--i think acne's messed up sizing has to do w/ whatever wash you're getting. but maybe you got some weird samples or something.

was trying to look up fit discussions on the needle... since i'm getting a pair in size 26... hopefully they'll fit. lol...

too bad about acne being soooo expensive now. good for them i guess.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acne, jeans