How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by shambles
PIMPLES, ZITS; thats what I think of. What's the philosophy behind the brand name? Pardon my ignorance.
ACNE = Ambition 2 Create Novel Expressions

There we go. I answered my own question. Thank you for ignoring my post, everyone! I still think it's a stupid brand name, sorry.

10-08-2005
trendsetter

I really had a thing for ACNE when they first came out (4 or 5 yrs ago), however, I was really skinny at the time, so they fit to a tee.. But they really don't work if you have hips. (now, Denim Birds which is also Swedish is a MUCH better choice!)

10-08-2005
windowshopping

Acne Jeans is more of a brand to people that want to look skinny. They aren't so much for the really skinny ones. They used small lapels, but the sizes are big. They do work thou, most of the people do look thinnier then ever.
It's a boring and overused brand in Sweden, as said.

But they do have some things that are special, example their coats. They play with the article of clothing and make a little twist.

Acne Jeans works, but the quality and the fabrics sucks. If you need some cheap jeans, or a coat or something you can check it out, but that is as far is it goes. For me.

10-08-2005
scenester

Quote:

There we go. I answered my own question. Thank you for ignoring my post, everyone! I still think it's a stupid brand name, sorry.
I agree with you 100% about it being a horrible name. Even with what it's actually supposed to mean it's bad. It's a terrible gimmick, I wouldn't buy them just because of the name.

tfs star

I really don´t understand what´s the deal with ACNE, most of their jeans are a lot cheaper than other designer´s denim, they never pretended to be a high-end-designer´s product. As already said, they are a very good alternative for those that want the skinny silhouette but can´t afford designers like Dior Homme or Balenciaga. Even though I also wear Dior jeans, I also enjoy wearing my ACNEs, they are my favourite pair of plain black denims... here´s the price difference anyway:

Dior Homme black canvas jeans: 275€
ACNE black canvas jeans: 150€

10-08-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotineacetat
I really don´t understand what´s the deal with ACNE, most of their jeans are a lot cheaper than other designer´s denim, they never pretended to be a high-end-designer´s product. As already said, they are a very good alternative for those that want the skinny silhouette but can´t afford designers like Dior Homme or Balenciaga. Even though I also wear Dior jeans, I also enjoy wearing my ACNEs, they are my favourite pair of plain black denims... here´s the price difference anyway:

Dior Homme black canvas jeans: 275€
ACNE black canvas jeans: 150€
I have to agree with Tricotineacetat on this one, which I usually do.

These clothes are well worth buying. The jeans are superb and their tops and jackets are quite nice as well. The price is appealing, its not as expensive as say Dior Homme, but you still get the same silhouette or look. They are actually slimmer than Dior jeans, the model "Mod" has a 16 cm leg-opening, compared to current Dior jeans which has 19 cm as the slimmest. They are more accessible than DH as well.
For you Scabdinavians, check out the feature on ACNE and Dior in "HE Magazine" nr. 1 from this summer. Rupert Smith wearing the two brands from head to toe... and it works great together.

About the name ACNE, I dont understand why it should be a hindrance for buying. It shouldn't be.

Nudie was mentioned in this thread as well. Also great jeans, though a bit more casual, due to the stiching on the back pockets and their choice of denim/washes.

ACNE and Nudie, both are great slim clothes for us small and skinny boys... and girls too.

10-08-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyish
For you Scabdinavians, check out the feature on ACNE and Dior in "HE Magazine" nr. 1 from this summer. Rupert Smith wearing the two brands from head to toe... and it works great together.
Ohhhh good god...!!! I love Rupert Smith, he´s such a cool model...!! I love his stoic appearance on the catwalk... pretty much a sick sense of beauty...

Please post a picture if you can, Boyish... I´d love to see this, unfortunately, no chance to get any scandinavian fashion magazines over here ...

10-08-2005
scenester

Here you go Tricotineacetat, after several resizings and optimizings, I finally managed to upload them. They may be a bit blurry due to the scanning. There are more pics in the magazine... but they were way too big to upload.

All the clothes were provided by Storm Copenhagen and they had a hand in the styling as well.

Check out www.he.magazine.com you could probably get them to send you the magazine if you want it. It's out two times a year and this issue was the first. Besides this fab Dior/Acne feature, there alot about Henrik Vibskov, Helle Mardahl, Peter Jensen, Kim Jones, Siv Støldal and alot more...

The pink Dior jeans works out great in black/white:-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0001opt2.jpg (65.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg scan1opt2.jpg (79.4 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg scan0002opt2.jpg (181.1 KB, 30 views)

10-08-2005
tfs star

thanks a lot, Boyish... you got Karma on that one ...

10-08-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Funny name for a brand that makes jeans.

10-08-2005
rising star

It was originally a freelance design collective of sorts. (The truth is somewhere along those lines) They just happened to make some jeans and then it became more and more..

They do have some quality issues and it is kinda overpriced, but they are a good deal when on sale in Denmark and Sweden at least. My main problem is that they don't have any real identity, they rip and steal from all sorts of places, but to be frank they weren't the only ones who looked at the Dior SS05 collection. (Just for an example)

10-08-2005
urd
tfs star

I have two pairs, one old pair of homme and a new skinny femme one

10-08-2005
Soviet Camaro

I don't know, but have you tried ABFits or Villains Vault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriette
does anyone know where I can get them in SF?

scenester

try www.acnejeans.com, they have a list of all their retailers

10-08-2005
rising star

Yup.. they look like they'd only fit a certain body type. I just read about them in bazaar. As for the high waist... are there any lowrise skinny leg jeans? I do like the tops they design to pair with them. The jeans themselves (esp the fabric & treatments) don't look special.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acne, jeans