How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-08-2005
backstage pass

Me no likey the name. Acme sounds better

10-08-2005
rising star

The problem with ACNE jeans is that the cut is horrible. I don't think the silhouette looks like Dior at all. The cut is very forgiving though. Their jeans do make you look slimmer than you really are, which puts your body out of proportion since your upper body won't get the same treatment.

10-08-2005
tfs star

Shambles thank you for telling us about the name, I was always wondering too.

I don't know about the jeans, but the silhouette of the high-waisted wide-legged gray trousers is gorgeous!!

11-08-2005
tfs star

What I experienced so far was that with ACNE, you have a jean that is very close to a Helmut Lang aesthetic - for women - just with a better fit! I wonder if any of you girls ever tried a pair of Helmut´s, they often don´t fit at all, especially with the waistband. Now compare that with a pair of regular-slim jeans from ACNE, not the superslim, Hex. You´ll see they are much better fitted and work for many different types of women, not only the androgynous without hips at all. I happened to be in exactly this case this weekend, when a girl was trying on both brands in our shop, she eventually took the ACNE, not the Helmut

11-08-2005
karolinaskande

Acne vs Nudie
I saw that some of you had the discussion Acne vs Nudie. In my opinion you cant compare those two brands. Nudie is worn by farmers and geeks and Acne is still kind of a nice brand. Someone talked about the ugly pockets on the Nudies, I have to agree. If you are choosing between Acne and Nudie - go for Acne. Nudie is so over (and always has been).

11-08-2005
V.I.P.

I like them alot.

rising star

haha, karolina, maybe you can develope your arguments a little further, especially the geek-farmer part?

11-08-2005
rising star

Looking at the actual quality of the fabrics , there is simply no comparison between Nudie vs ACNE. ACNE is really bad quality, that's why it's only worth the money when on sale.
True Nudie ain't no more the hottest brand, it's kinda old-school in that regard ,espescially since it's not really a designerlabel but denim-label, but at least you know what you get for you money. Whereas ACNE tries really hard to be a designer-label, but it's clearly stuck in the middle of nowhere.. and the quality is just like playing the lottery, even though they DO have som OK stuff.

11-08-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum
Whereas ACNE tries really hard to be a designer-label, but it's clearly stuck in the middle of nowhere.. and the quality is just like playing the lottery, even though they DO have som OK stuff.
I really don´t think so, the pricepoint is pretty much the same as for A.P.C., plus they never did anything else than some well-made basics... well-made in a sense that it is a certain type of quality, but not top-notch. The only things that are a little costy with them, apart from some of the Prèt á Porter which is still under development in terms of prices, are the shoes, and there they are working to make them a bit more accessible... I just saw their new S/S 2006 shoes and they look very well made, are made in Italy and cost around 400€ for a pair of tall suede boots. A leather motorcycle jacket was around 250€, as far as I remember.

11-08-2005
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by karolinaskande
I saw that some of you had the discussion Acne vs Nudie. In my opinion you cant compare those two brands. Nudie is worn by farmers and geeks and Acne is still kind of a nice brand. Someone talked about the ugly pockets on the Nudies, I have to agree. If you are choosing between Acne and Nudie - go for Acne. Nudie is so over (and always has been).
Having worked as both a farmer and a geek, I feel encouraged to buy a pair of Nudies!

rising star

Nudies jeans might not look much to the eye, but their cut is way better than acne, whose jeans make you waist look like it's been cropped in a papercutter.

I don't wear any of the jeans myself, and I do believe that both brands tries way too hard, but as a male I would go with Nudie if I had to choose.

What really bothers me about acne is that the quality is really poor! Atleast when it comes to the washed jeans what streches itself quite alot. The raw denim one's seem to be pretty sturdy though.

11-08-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldner
Nudies jeans might not look much to the eye, but their cut is way better than acne, whose jeans make you waist look like it's been cropped in a papercutter.

I don't wear any of the jeans myself, and I do believe that both brands tries way too hard, but as a male I would go with Nudie if I had to choose.

What really bothers me about acne is that the quality is really poor! Atleast when it comes to the washed jeans what streches itself quite alot. The raw denim one's seem to be pretty sturdy though.
nudie has on one the most ugliest backpockets ever.
talk about for people with no style.
acne= rock´n´roll jeans
nudie=for wannabees

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine
Having worked as both a farmer and a geek, I feel encouraged to buy a pair of Nudies!

i love the tops. the jeans look average to me. but most jeans are... there are only so many things you can do.

11-08-2005
rising star

jason, I do agree with you, but it doesn't make up for Acnes horrible cut, and I don't think Acne is very Rock and Roll at all.

12-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason bourne
nudie has on one the most ugliest backpockets ever.
talk about for people with no style.
acne= rock´n´roll jeans
nudie=for wannabees
Guess I'm a wannabee then:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1316.JPG (131.9 KB, 34 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acne, jeans