How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-08-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotineacetat
What I experienced so far was that with ACNE, you have a jean that is very close to a Helmut Lang aesthetic - for women - just with a better fit! I wonder if any of you girls ever tried a pair of Helmut´s, they often don´t fit at all, especially with the waistband. Now compare that with a pair of regular-slim jeans from ACNE, not the superslim, Hex. You´ll see they are much better fitted and work for many different types of women, not only the androgynous without hips at all. I happened to be in exactly this case this weekend, when a girl was trying on both brands in our shop, she eventually took the ACNE, not the Helmut
Labels tend to sometimes forget the most important thing about clothes, cut and proportion, esp when it comes to denim... Personally it doesn’t matter what’s inside the box its how it fits - brand name or no brand. I guess this is why ACNE are successful even if their quality/design is generic given their pricing.

26-08-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandinavianchic
Guess I'm a wannabee then:
Nice. And I like the jeans too.

26-08-2005
front row

"acne"? heh, scary!

31-03-2006
fashion elite

what is the inseam on femme acne denim.. i am looking for some skinny highwaisted jeans---and i'm 5'11"

31-03-2006
follow the lights

It's usually 32..

31-03-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baizilla
It's usually 32..
The male seems to be all over the place! I've got three pairs of Acne's at the moment and they are all tagged 30x34 yet one is 34, one 35, and one 36 inseam! Luckily they all look amazing

31-03-2006
follow the lights

yeah.. but she was asking about ACNE femme..

01-04-2006
windowshopping

Does anyone else find the sizing of Acne jeans to be really small? i tried on a pair of hex and I found the shape quite difficult to pull off. Also where as with Sass and Bide, Earl etc I am usually a 27 with Acne I was a 30 and that was a push.....it was depressing. Anyone have a pair of Cheap Monday jeans? Also Swedish I think and in London they sell for 45 pounds a pair! Great jeans and one of the few brands with realistic prices. Jeans were originally cotton/canvas workwear. It makes me mad that brand like Dior Homme and lots of other sell the same item that has not changed in centuries for 300 pounds.

01-04-2006
windowshopping

I've had both acne max raw and dior homme raw. In 28 both have 17cm hem but I would go with dior over acne any day; at least the acne max (this and the mod are all I've tried, the mod being excessively loose in the seat btw) as the front rise in the max is ridiculously short whereas the back rise is stupidly long it's like two different pairs of jeans when viewed from front and back.

Also the pocket placement and pocket darts on diors make them look soo nice.

Price isn't much different in london either; acne max raw=about £110 where as dior raw are £142. Whats £30 hey?

Last edited by kieran; 01-04-2006 at 06:52 AM.
01-04-2006
fashion elite

i just tried ona pair---glad someoene else thought they ran mall--- i am a size 27 in the hex...when i am almost always a true ize 26---- i was totally flipping yesterday, thinking i got chunky. also they hex can go up to a 34 inseam.... they could be good for when i wear flat shoes about town... hmm not sure yet.. i thinink i will jsut buy another pair of notifys. they aren't as trendy but they are a better pair of jeans for me---much longer. also i am going to get a pair of joe's jeans twiggy... they are long too.. so if any other tall girls are out there...

01-04-2006
backstage pass

hmm..im not too impressed with selection or the price , they seem average...and im way put off by the brand name

02-04-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluff
They are a marketing firm! They have tags with their prios inside em..

1. Marketing
2. Design
3. Clothes

Kinda. 95% hype and 5% really neat clothes
eh no, like with any other company all divisions exist without depending on the others.
Acne jeans is 100% clothes, Acne film 100% film etc...
I'm really tired of all swedes who cant see things for what they are and slag them off for no apparent reason.

there are also a lot of misconceptions in this thread.
Acne does not equal skinny. They have some jeans that are skinny but other cuts that are loose or regular. Acne is not a niche brand that only does skinny cuts, they are evolving like the whole fashion business.

tfs star

I would like to remark that all those American jean companies run rather big in size, which results in the fact that customers end up buying smaller sizes than they would actually wear, it´s ridiculous how average-build girls fit so-called 24" to 26" in companies like Serfontaine or Seven. There´s a psychological factor that of course makes it more flattering to buy a smaller size, but I guess that´s because women are often very, very unconcious of their body and therefor find it more appealing to go with a product that makes them believe they are even skinnier than they are...

I am lead to this thought since people always make a science out of the cut of a five pocket jean, almost as if it was such a highly technical garment as an Haute Couture dress, and I kind of like how Acne´s jeans are brought back to a much more reality-based view on what jeans are actually about - a minimalist, clean pair of trousers with a nice cut, without fussy details or stupid branding (I hate how these American brands put up their counterfeits on every single aspect of the jean design, just to let the garment scream what a ridiculous amount of money they spend on it).

02-04-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotineacetat
I would like to remark that all those American jean companies run rather big in size, which results in the fact that customers end up buying smaller sizes than they would actually wear, it´s ridiculous how average-build girls fit so-called 24" to 26" in companies like Serfontaine or Seven. There´s a psychological factor that of course makes it more flattering to buy a smaller size, but I guess that´s because women are often very, very unconcious of their body and therefor find it more appealing to go with a product that makes them believe they are even skinnier than they are...

I am lead to this thought since people always make a science out of the cut of a five pocket jean, almost as if it was such a highly technical garment as an Haute Couture dress, and I kind of like how Acne´s jeans are brought back to a much more reality-based view on what jeans are actually about - a minimalist, clean pair of trousers with a nice cut, without fussy details or stupid branding (I hate how these American brands put up their counterfeits on every single aspect of the jean design, just to let the garment scream what a ridiculous amount of money they spend on it).
This is a very good comment.
I like acne, they were the only providers of straight leg jeans with a good fit and without fuss back in the boot-cut overload days ... and the legs are long enough for me.

02-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shambles
Am I the only one bothered by the name?
I HATE the name. Maybe because most people have had some at one point. I saw a girl wearing them once, and she had...severe, severe acne!
I was like...how appropriate..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acne, jeans