How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-04-2006
scenester

What is the difference between Mic and Max?

04-04-2006
front row

about the people who felt the need to insult nudie: their selvage jeans are great quality. they're not to expensive so the're well worth their money. they have a lot of different cuts and washes. the washes are in my opinion unnaturel so i would stay away from those. but their dry denim is great. and for the people who said it's not '' in '' anymore: they are not a fashion brand, and they still make quality jeans so you're pretty ignorant if you care that much and rather buy a crappy quality pair of jeans because the're '' in'' . as for the backpocket stitching: i agree it's horrible, but it's really easy to remove. so that should never be an argument not to buy those jeans.

as for acne: i like a few cuts and they are pretty cheap where i live. i do have my doubts about the quality......

04-04-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbertJan
about the people who felt the need to insult nudie: their selvage jeans are great quality. they're not to expensive so the're well worth their money. they have a lot of different cuts and washes. the washes are in my opinion unnaturel so i would stay away from those. but their dry denim is great. and for the people who said it's not '' in '' anymore: they are not a fashion brand, and they still make quality jeans so you're pretty ignorant if you care that much and rather buy a crappy quality pair of jeans because the're '' in'' . as for the backpocket stitching: i agree it's horrible, but it's really easy to remove. so that should never be an argument not to buy those jeans.

as for acne: i like a few cuts and they are pretty cheap where i live. i do have my doubts about the quality......
Acnes are very expensive here.. I mean very very....

04-04-2006
front row

i've recently seen them in a store for 110 euro, that's cheap considering a normal good quality jeans starts at about 150, this means i'm not including h&m, g-starr etc. etc. etc.

04-04-2006
rising star

thats cheap..comparing to Hong Kong.... ahhhh.....

04-04-2006
front row

haha well it's probably the only thing that's cheaper in a'dam !
i think it's because acne is swedish, so is nudie, and nudie's are much more expensive in say the us and asia while normally everthing is 10x cheaper there

04-04-2006
follow the lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by coq*
What is the difference between Mic and Max?
Mic jeans fit a lot looser than Max jeans...

04-04-2006
barack the vote

Can you buy them on their website?

04-04-2006
follow the lights

^ nope

04-04-2006
fashion elite

wait.. do the acne for men come in size 27?

04-04-2006
scenester

my girlfriend has a pair of the hex's -- i think theyre amazing.
as long as the cut is nice, the price is decent and they keep it simple i don't much understand how a jean can get 'over-done' or 'played-out.'
like faust noted...theres not much point in looking for innovation/originality points when its comes to jeans.
just keep the cut nice and avoid dumb decorations.

Last edited by julien sorel; 04-04-2006 at 01:22 PM.
05-04-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenthybu
thats cheap..comparing to Hong Kong.... ahhhh.....

How much in Hong Kong?

05-04-2006
front row

Acne jeans seem to be the most overpriced abroad company!!

Here in Paris, a pair of unwashed starts at 160 euros, all the way to 200 for distressed. I was shocked when i went to visit my gf in stockholm, as they were only around the 100 euro line over there! I ended up buying 3 pairs lol..

Today i kind of regret that though, since i have discovered Dior H jeans. They are truly the perfect skinny jean. Acne's are nice looking but as another guy mentioned, there is so little room in the front crotch area, its really quite unconfortable compared to DH skinnies. I tried on the Max ones the other day, they are almost like leggings which is kind of cool, but the crotch part was SO tight, my,um, package, was clearly visible !! It's like they are tailored for women !

So its back to DH only for me, they are real skinny yet so confortable, the tailoring is just truly genius, and of course the distress and stitching top class.

By the way, the hex do look STUNNING on my girl, i'd recommend every girl to try a pair... best skinnies ever..for women !

05-04-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by coq*
How much in Hong Kong?
Cheapest i found were HK$1400 and it could go up to HK$39xx depending on wash and treatment to the jeans..... i just it's just crazy.

05-04-2006
follow the lights

14xx & 39xx HKD? I have 6 pairs of Acne Jeans.. if I lived in HK i would be poor as hell..

That is insane.. they barely cost what is equal to 1000 HKD here in Scandinavia...

Talking about huge markup

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acne, jeans