How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-04-2006
rising star

those jeans are horrid omg people go to school in this ****!!!!

05-04-2006
tfs star

veronica you seem to be always against everything.. i wonder what kind of walmart clothes you wear...

anyway, i think acnes are really good jeans! they are good quality and the fit is excellent. my boyfriend has a pair of the hex girl ones and he looks gorgeous in them. acne hex also flatters my butt..

who cares if the name is acne? i mean the tag is nowadays rather non-visible and you can always put a belt on if it bothers you..jeez people are weird making this name thing a problem. haha

i suggest buying acne.. but yeah in finland they are about 100-120 euros, whereas in sweden you can get them around 100 euros. i also like the clothing this brand makes. very cute and simple cuts..

05-04-2006
follow the lights

^ yeah i agree,

the womenswear is very interesting.. however i haven't seen a lot of people wearing it yet...

the menswear on the other hand, is kinda horrible... only some of the jackets and very few of the jerseys are nice...

06-04-2006
tfs star

In france the cost 180 to 280 euro ... i love them!

06-04-2006
scenester

^omg I cant belive that it is such a big difference in price! Anyway I think Acne makes very nice jeans with a good fit.

06-04-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by coq*
^omg I cant belive that it is such a big difference in price! Anyway I think Acne makes very nice jeans with a good fit.
im here in california right now and they sell them here for $300-350. I cant believe it! in finland max price is like I said 120 and even that feels kinda expensive compaired to sweden..who the hell would pay 300 bucks?

06-04-2006
windowshopping

I got my Hex in black cotton for 150 euros, and even though I get compliments every time I wear them, I won't buy a second pair. Love the skinny legs, but hate the high waist. My Acne boots, now that's a different story. A cross btw western and biker look, black, rugged, very tall (knee length) and very well made. Expensive though (400 euros), but they will probably (hopefully!) last a couple of years.

06-04-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotparker
I got my Hex in black cotton for 150 euros, and even though I get compliments every time I wear them, I won't buy a second pair. Love the skinny legs, but hate the high waist. My Acne boots, now that's a different story. A cross btw western and biker look, black, rugged, very tall (knee length) and very well made. Expensive though (400 euros), but they will probably (hopefully!) last a couple of years.

If you donīt like the high waiste you can try Acne Max. Slim with a pretty low waist if I think.

06-04-2006
scenester

does the fit intentionally vary within each style for different washes?
like for example when i look at the website the womens HEX style seems to vary in terms or how much it tappers at the bottom, length, waiste height a bit on the DC's compared to the PUREs.
maybe its just the size/model...or im seeing things.
or maybe thats a common practice.

anybody know?

Last edited by julien sorel; 06-04-2006 at 08:25 PM.
07-04-2006
follow the lights

Men's "Max" styles.. (which is equivalent to the women's Hex) does not vary at all... only in terms of length... however I don't know about Hex...

07-04-2006
tfs star

a lot of jeans tend to taper more in small sizes.. which is stupid cause i have hips but i dont have fat calves

07-04-2006
front row

i've been dying, absolutely dying, to get my legs in a pair. they're so amazing. i've had my heart set on a pair, especially black or a crisp dark denim, since last summer.

i'll have those please.

08-04-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyladybones
i've been dying, absolutely dying, to get my legs in a pair. they're so amazing. i've had my heart set on a pair, especially black or a crisp dark denim, since last summer.
I have the men's version of that wash/style (Max Cash) and absolutely love it! I wear them at least twice per week. Great choice!

08-04-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by julien sorel
does the fit intentionally vary within each style for different washes?
like for example when i look at the website the womens HEX style seems to vary in terms or how much it tappers at the bottom, length, waiste height a bit on the DC's compared to the PUREs.
maybe its just the size/model...or im seeing things.
or maybe thats a common practice.

anybody know?
That's because the jeans come in different inseams as well - 34", 32" and sometimes even 30". The pictures show different lengths for sure, it doesn't have much to do with the wash itself...

08-04-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by verb
I have the men's version of that wash/style (Max Cash) and absolutely love it! I wear them at least twice per week. Great choice!
The cash-wash is a raw black stretch canvas which is overprinted black, so that gives the fabric a crisper touch and texture, it's also having sort of a dull sheen on the surface, which I like a lot.

I've got a pair of Hex Cash myself and I wear them since last summer, almost daily because the fit is just beyond amazing, it's definitely the best-cut pair of pants that I ever wore! Even though they are used almost on a daily basis, I didn't wash them yet but instead, always hang them out to preserve the original creasing. they bleed out very nicely and already look quite worn out now, so I guess if I keep on wearing them a little longer and give them a proper dry cleaning, they should look really amazing...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acne, jeans