How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
08-04-2006
  106
scenester
 
julien sorel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotineacetat
That's because the jeans come in different inseams as well - 34", 32" and sometimes even 30". The pictures show different lengths for sure, it doesn't have much to do with the wash itself...
thanks! figured it was something simple like that!

  Reply With Quote
 
08-04-2006
  107
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 1
I Hearts this website
Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
Love this, they have a lot of kool and hip stuff
=]

  Reply With Quote
08-04-2006
  108
fashion insider
 
Arturo21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,146
How is acne compared to APC? - referring specifically to washed jeans. (like the new standards - any similar pairs from Acne?)

__________________
* "But it's not about t*ts and a$$, leave something to the f*****g imagination!" - Pastry of TFS ranting
  Reply With Quote
09-04-2006
  109
follow the lights
 
Baizilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Copenhagen
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,957
washed or do you mean unwashed?

Max Raw is the closest to Cure.. however still not the same..

the cut of the Max Raw leaves you almost with no room for your package

  Reply With Quote
09-04-2006
  110
rising star
 
wenthybu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Gender: femme
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss6o
i suggest buying acne.. but yeah in finland they are about 100-120 euros, whereas in sweden you can get them around 100 euros. i also like the clothing this brand makes. very cute and simple cuts..
i must go over there soon to stock up.....

  Reply With Quote
09-04-2006
  111
tfs star
 
tricotineacetat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,897
I think if Acne Jeans would have been advertised as an oh-so-trendy jean label with a pricetag as huge as threehundred bucks and upwards, I'd be more than turned off about their clothing.

Where I live, the pricing is very reasonable compared to the stuff that is coming from the States (obviously because of the import taxes), and even though it's becoming a hot ticket these days, it still enjoys sort of an exclusivity in the shops.

  Reply With Quote
09-04-2006
  112
follow the lights
 
Baizilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Copenhagen
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,957
I am wondering why people always say that Acne Jeans is getting "too mainstream" etc..

I mean, the jeans are very anonymous with no backpocket details... No obvious signature..
..a lot of times it is really hard to distinguish a pair of Acnes from, say... a pair of Cheap Mondays...

It would be a lot easier to understand their views, if Acne Jeans had backpocket details like Evisu, because then everybody are able to recognize them, thus the "too mainstream" view.

  Reply With Quote
09-04-2006
  113
tfs star
 
tricotineacetat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baizilla
I am wondering why people always say that Acne Jeans is getting "too mainstream" etc..

I mean, the jeans are very anonymous with no backpocket details... No obvious signature..
..a lot of times it is really hard to distinguish a pair of Acnes from, say... a pair of Cheap Mondays...

It would be a lot easier to understand their views, if Acne Jeans had backpocket details like Evisu, because then everybody are able to recognize them, thus the "too mainstream" view.
Exactly, I kinda like their approach, especially because in denim, everything seems to be about your oh-so-signature back pocket stitching/decoration, it's become too much of a craze these days, and in combination with other clothes, these sort of jeans just start to compete with the rest of your clothing, instead of complementing them. Not so with Acne Jeans, for sure.

  Reply With Quote
09-04-2006
  114
follow the lights
 
Baizilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Copenhagen
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,957
I love the jeans for their anonymity... In jeans i find that simplicity is the keyword..
..I even quit wearing Dior Homme jeans, because of the darts on the backpockets really annoyed me

  Reply With Quote
10-04-2006
  115
fashion elite
 
gia0202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,906
i really love them.. in the black, cuz they are so minimalistic but does anyone know where one can get he smae look.. high rise, but tapered that has a longer inseam?

i just ordered a pair of notified... but am looking for some more pants.

  Reply With Quote
10-04-2006
  116
fashion icon
 
Mutterlein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by gia0202
i really love them.. in the black, cuz they are so minimalistic but does anyone know where one can get he smae look.. high rise, but tapered that has a longer inseam?

i just ordered a pair of notified... but am looking for some more pants.
try APC narrow jeans. They come in black, unwashed indigo, washed indigo, and grey. They are mid rise, and slightly cheaper than Acne. The inseam is pretty long as well. When I ordered mine it said 40 on the website but I think it's more like 36.

  Reply With Quote
10-04-2006
  117
V.I.P.
 
luckyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,762
I have 4 pairs of Acne jeans and love all of them for fit and quality.
1. Acne Hep Pure, my favorite for everday
2. Acne Hep Blacktrash, a good basic (monday) jean
3. Acne Hex Crank, for a dressier look that I wear with heels for wedges. not for everyday.
4. Acne Mic Cash, love them for black denim everyday jeans. Fit like my Hep's.

I want to get another basic pair for summer/spring and have my eye on the Hep Sunny's. Does anyone know if these are a thick denim or thin? I didnt like the thinness of the Raw denim and want a heavier weight denim. My other choice is Superfine Liberty but I dont know how these fit as well.

Thanks in advance.

  Reply With Quote
10-04-2006
  118
follow the lights
 
Baizilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Copenhagen
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,957
Mic Cash? Do you mean Hex Cash? Because Mic is a model from the men's jeans..

You should check out Hex Blur & Hex Silver.. both excellent jeans!


Last edited by Baizilla; 10-04-2006 at 01:22 PM.
  Reply With Quote
10-04-2006
  119
V.I.P.
 
luckyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,762
Nope, not the hex, I do have the Men's Mic Cash. I liked the way they fit on me. Over here in the US both men and women buy Mic's.

I don't want another pair of Hex for everyday, too confining. I like the "relaxedness" of the Heps more for comfort. What about the Sunny's, are they a nice material and color?

  Reply With Quote
10-04-2006
  120
follow the lights
 
Baizilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Copenhagen
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,957
The sunny's are okay.. From a frontal look, they seem just fine, but from behind, the colour just looks a little bit off...

I would put the Hep Raws in the heavy denim category, compared to the other models, whereas I would consider the Hex Cashs as somewhat lightweight, because of the raw denim/elasthan fabric...

So I'm a little bit hesitant to say anything, when you say that the Raw ones are too "thin" and you are looking for something heavier...

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acne, jeans
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.