How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-04-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotineacetat
That's because the jeans come in different inseams as well - 34", 32" and sometimes even 30". The pictures show different lengths for sure, it doesn't have much to do with the wash itself...
thanks! figured it was something simple like that!

08-04-2006
windowshopping

I Hearts this website
Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
Love this, they have a lot of kool and hip stuff
=]

08-04-2006
fashion insider

How is acne compared to APC? - referring specifically to washed jeans. (like the new standards - any similar pairs from Acne?)

follow the lights

washed or do you mean unwashed?

Max Raw is the closest to Cure.. however still not the same..

the cut of the Max Raw leaves you almost with no room for your package

09-04-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss6o
i suggest buying acne.. but yeah in finland they are about 100-120 euros, whereas in sweden you can get them around 100 euros. i also like the clothing this brand makes. very cute and simple cuts..
i must go over there soon to stock up.....

09-04-2006
tfs star

I think if Acne Jeans would have been advertised as an oh-so-trendy jean label with a pricetag as huge as threehundred bucks and upwards, I'd be more than turned off about their clothing.

Where I live, the pricing is very reasonable compared to the stuff that is coming from the States (obviously because of the import taxes), and even though it's becoming a hot ticket these days, it still enjoys sort of an exclusivity in the shops.

09-04-2006
follow the lights

I am wondering why people always say that Acne Jeans is getting "too mainstream" etc..

I mean, the jeans are very anonymous with no backpocket details... No obvious signature..
..a lot of times it is really hard to distinguish a pair of Acnes from, say... a pair of Cheap Mondays...

It would be a lot easier to understand their views, if Acne Jeans had backpocket details like Evisu, because then everybody are able to recognize them, thus the "too mainstream" view.

09-04-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baizilla
I am wondering why people always say that Acne Jeans is getting "too mainstream" etc..

I mean, the jeans are very anonymous with no backpocket details... No obvious signature..
..a lot of times it is really hard to distinguish a pair of Acnes from, say... a pair of Cheap Mondays...

It would be a lot easier to understand their views, if Acne Jeans had backpocket details like Evisu, because then everybody are able to recognize them, thus the "too mainstream" view.
Exactly, I kinda like their approach, especially because in denim, everything seems to be about your oh-so-signature back pocket stitching/decoration, it's become too much of a craze these days, and in combination with other clothes, these sort of jeans just start to compete with the rest of your clothing, instead of complementing them. Not so with Acne Jeans, for sure.

09-04-2006
follow the lights

I love the jeans for their anonymity... In jeans i find that simplicity is the keyword..
..I even quit wearing Dior Homme jeans, because of the darts on the backpockets really annoyed me

10-04-2006
fashion elite

i really love them.. in the black, cuz they are so minimalistic but does anyone know where one can get he smae look.. high rise, but tapered that has a longer inseam?

i just ordered a pair of notified... but am looking for some more pants.

10-04-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gia0202
i really love them.. in the black, cuz they are so minimalistic but does anyone know where one can get he smae look.. high rise, but tapered that has a longer inseam?

i just ordered a pair of notified... but am looking for some more pants.
try APC narrow jeans. They come in black, unwashed indigo, washed indigo, and grey. They are mid rise, and slightly cheaper than Acne. The inseam is pretty long as well. When I ordered mine it said 40 on the website but I think it's more like 36.

10-04-2006
V.I.P.

I have 4 pairs of Acne jeans and love all of them for fit and quality.
1. Acne Hep Pure, my favorite for everday
2. Acne Hep Blacktrash, a good basic (monday) jean
3. Acne Hex Crank, for a dressier look that I wear with heels for wedges. not for everyday.
4. Acne Mic Cash, love them for black denim everyday jeans. Fit like my Hep's.

I want to get another basic pair for summer/spring and have my eye on the Hep Sunny's. Does anyone know if these are a thick denim or thin? I didnt like the thinness of the Raw denim and want a heavier weight denim. My other choice is Superfine Liberty but I dont know how these fit as well.

Thanks in advance.

10-04-2006
follow the lights

Mic Cash? Do you mean Hex Cash? Because Mic is a model from the men's jeans..

You should check out Hex Blur & Hex Silver.. both excellent jeans!

Last edited by Baizilla; 10-04-2006 at 01:22 PM.
10-04-2006
V.I.P.

Nope, not the hex, I do have the Men's Mic Cash. I liked the way they fit on me. Over here in the US both men and women buy Mic's.

I don't want another pair of Hex for everyday, too confining. I like the "relaxedness" of the Heps more for comfort. What about the Sunny's, are they a nice material and color?

10-04-2006
follow the lights

The sunny's are okay.. From a frontal look, they seem just fine, but from behind, the colour just looks a little bit off...

I would put the Hep Raws in the heavy denim category, compared to the other models, whereas I would consider the Hex Cashs as somewhat lightweight, because of the raw denim/elasthan fabric...

So I'm a little bit hesitant to say anything, when you say that the Raw ones are too "thin" and you are looking for something heavier...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acne, jeans