How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-09-2013
fashion insider

Acne Studios S/S 2014 Paris

Photos courtesy of style.com

28-09-2013
fashion insider

28-09-2013
fashion insider

28-09-2013
fashion elite

This is very cool collection especially the last was a winner to me.

28-09-2013
Unveil Yourself....

Honestly, all that sticks to me is that it takes incredible skill to make Andreea Diaconu's body look that unappealing. I really can't get passed that look.

twitter.com/ErikP87
28-09-2013
V.I.P.

Yay! This is very good. I like the prints, the denim, the wild-punk sweaters. (That red and white striped sweater is mine!!) He makes nautical references very hip in a good but transformed way. It's wearable and quirky, which is what Acne should be. It's even ... happy!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 28-09-2013 at 02:17 PM.
28-09-2013
V.I.P.

their clothes are NEVER flattering. they don't enhance a woman's body. that's why i don't get this brand

fashion insider

Quote:
September 28, 2013 Paris
By Maya Singer

When a brand starts showing on the catwalk, it's entirely proper for the scale of its ambitions to expand. In the past few seasons, though, it's been hard to escape the feeling that Acne Studios was perhaps getting ahead of itself. The collections kept metastasizing, in a completely literal sense, as though expanding the volumes and stretching the proportions of the clothes themselves would suffice to justify Acne's presence on a runway. To put that more plainly, the collections were starting to come off a touch puffed up. This time out, however, Jonny Johansson and his design cohort reeled themselves in.

This collection marked an explicit return to the brand's roots, in various ways: There was an emphasis on denim and on workwear-inspired styles, and more generally, the collection was very, very Swedish. Indeed, its starting point, according to Johansson, was the poem "Till Havs," as performed by the Swedish opera singer Jussi Björling; showgoers today were treated to a very galvanizing rendition of the tune. And then they were treated to a fast-paced défilé of the most accessible looks Acne has shown in a while. There's going to be a sizable constituency for this season's white laser-cut leather pieces, for instance, not to mention the oversize button-downs, elasticized bustiers, and tonal denim. "Till Havs" translates as "At Sea," and the collection thus reflected a mariner theme, with lots of seafaring stripes and naval peacoat styles; in a puckish touch, there were also tiny anchor-shaped embellishments. Johansson hasn't jettisoned his taste for largeness entirely: There were a handful of webbed knits with sleeves that extended past the fingertips, for example. But in general, this collection felt refreshingly measured. The only complaint here, really, was that Johansson pursued a few too many ideas; a stiff edit would have made this a stronger outing. Still, the ship has righted itself.
Source: style.com

04-10-2013
V.I.P.

I love it. So wearable.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, acne, paris, s or s, studios